• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BYW PPVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabuza

Getting Noticed By Management
I had an idea of running an international online BYW promotion,where guys would submit their own matches,and the best would be selected and put into a online show.It wouldnt be like YouTube in that it would have an official name for the show and website and would be a legit promotion.Of course guys would have to upload their macthes with the promos included,and they would have to be some sort of standard to provide continiuty.Do you guys have any idea how we could make this work?

there is no real way of making a standardized system... everyone has different software and systems and what not... you could, however, have people send you the files, mash em together and then upload them to youtube...

i personally think backyard wrestling is dangerous and should be illegal with stiff fines and community service time... it gives wrestling a bad name and takes away from local promotions who are trying to make a name for themselves... i speak from experience... I've seen people brutally hurt in backyard matches and one guy nearly lost his life... you want to become a wrestler? do your freakin homework, graduate high school and get a job to pay for your training... do your moves there, not on some half-assed ring in your backyard...

The idea is to help indy promotions by forming an online alliance.We use the term BYW interchangibly with indy promotion because I doubt they that many people dumb enough to still be doing that crap.I also beleive that the traditional form of BYW where kids dont know what they're doing should be banned.And I'm already training to be a wrestler!

then pardon my ignorance... hell, i think an online place for indy video would be awesome... it'll get the local scene out to people who don't know of local shows... I didn't know I had a local indy group until I saw a video of them online... and that's something i'd so help to promote... :headbanger:

and, just FYI, there are still kids out there doing BYW... I know some people in the rescue squad around here who get calls once a month... *rolls eyes*

Yeah,It was my mistake for thinking some kids still dont know the difference.Anyway,let me set up my website(should take me less than a month),and then when its up and running,I'll post a message on all major Wrestling forums to annonce the launch of the alliance.

I actually would be up for this. An NWA of sorts for 'Yarders. It might be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back