• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bully Ray; the Best Thing Going in Impact Wrestling Today

IT Factor

IT happens!
I was always a fan of the Dudleys and Team 3D overall. I even enjoyed their brief singles runs in WWE during the initial brand draft. However, ever since Bubba Ray morphed into Bully Ray, I have been more impressed than ever with his character. His promos are great and he is the most consistent performer in all of Impact Wrestling. Even though I'm not a fan of Hogan returning to the ring down the line, Bully Ray has singlehandedly made me enjoy the feud. And that's saying something given how awful Brooke Hogan has been and how boring Hulk has been.

I think if given the right new additions to Aces & Eights, along with getting rid of the deadweight; Knox, Bischoff, Brisco, and D'Lo that the faction could be great. TNA needs to add people not doing anything meaningful like Crimson or Matt Morgan to the group. Hell, why not bring RVD back and have him go heel? That's unexpected. Bring Tommy Dreamer in. It could be an ECW reunion of sorts, you know, without Sabu and Sandman. Each week Bully stands out from the rest and improves. His reign is easily up there with Bobby Roode's as far as standing out as one of the best in recent memory.

I never liked the Dudleys. I think they were the luckiest tag team on earth, profiting from the demise of much better tag teams who were standing in their way. (the eliminators, RVD/Sabu, and the gangstas, to name three.) they were the top team at ECW when Vince bought them at a bankruptcy auction, so they got pushed to the sky. Not saying they were bad. If they were, the push would never have worked out. They just never appealed to me.

Bully Ray, on the other hand, has rapidly become one of my favorite heels. I think A&8s was supposed to legitimize him, but I feel the opposite happening. I understand your suggestion of a lineup change, but at least one of those guys has to stay to be the Buddy Roberts character. Plus, I think they should keep Knox. He is big and scary looking. Once Bully inevitably needs to start looking weak, he can be used as a bodyguard.

I'm not sure what this thread is about, I guess it's a I love bully thread??? You want to keep aces and 8's but just change members but of course keep it centered around bully. Sounds boring, sounds like something tna would do too. He's never been anything special in my book so I hope he's not the "best" thing going on in tna or they are in trouble.

But then again I don't particularly care for most of impact or when people post in

B O L D

I feel that Bully is doing great as top heel for TNA and that the A's & 8's angle could thrive if booked properly. I feel that D'Lo and Bischoff have to go ASAP, and I am not a fan of Anderson in the club. This would leave you with Bully, Devon, D.O.C, Knox, Brisco, and Taz which I feel would be better than the club is right now. TNA doesn't need to add any new members to the club yet.

Wouldn't be hard to be the best thing going, there's not alot of competition.
I give him props he's done a huge change from a few yuears ago where he wasn't a consideration as singles let alone face of the company but he is that atm, he plays the bully and badass well but it's all Blah Blah Blah. We need action in ring not talking.

And aligning himself with a bunch of nobodies that he doesn't approve of yet they are all brothers in arms but only win when they massively outnumber there opponents just speaks volumes about the whole situation, they woulda been better to have a smaller group that were actually dominant. nWo was more dominant when it was just 3 guys that could legit kick ass, aswell as cheat and look at The Shield they are doing there talking in the ring and while that is getting a bit stale too they are proving there worth in the matches they are performing.

trim the fat and get rid of all but Bully, D'Von and replace the rest with people that can actually wrestle and be dominant

I never liked the Dudleys. I think they were the luckiest tag team on earth, profiting from the demise of much better tag teams who were standing in their way. (the eliminators, RVD/Sabu, and the gangstas, to name three.) they were the top team at ECW when Vince bought them at a bankruptcy auction, so they got pushed to the sky. Not saying they were bad. If they were, the push would never have worked out. They just never appealed to me.

I can understand the logic there. Not all tag teams appeal to everyone. The Dudleys were that type of tag team. You either loved them or absolutely hated them. To me, there were much worse tag teams like Crash & Hardcore Holly and the APA. At least the Dudleys had a devastating tag team finisher and were credible enough for fans to respect their ability. No one can deny that the Dudley Boys were the biggest tag team in ECW and quite arguably the best that WWF had seen when they debuted. I will grant you that RVD/Sabu and the Eliminators were both better as far as in-ring ability were concerned. No tag team rose as quickly and stayed consistently relevant as the Dudleys though, which was why they remained when everyone else fell. I also enjoyed the Impact Players in ECW[Credible & Lance Storm], but they didn't even come close to the fame and notoriety that the Dudleys had.

Bully Ray, on the other hand, has rapidly become one of my favorite heels. I think A&8s was supposed to legitimize him, but I feel the opposite happening. I understand your suggestion of a lineup change, but at least one of those guys has to stay to be the Buddy Roberts character. Plus, I think they should keep Knox. He is big and scary looking. Once Bully inevitably needs to start looking weak, he can be used as a bodyguard.

To be honest, I didn't like the Bully Ray gimmick at first. I respected his ability as a strong character on the mic and his in-ring ability. I just didn't think it was going to work. I have been pleasantly surprised at how great the change has been since his transition into Bully Ray. As for the lineup change, I think Knox is the lesser of the two big men. Doc is more talented and more able to fill the big man role. I never enjoyed the heavy push Knox had in WWE and I still hate the guy. Doc would be a much better bodyguard type than Knox in my view. Part of the reason Aces & Eights haven't really gotten over as the monster faction they were meant to be is because of the members. Team 3D and Mr. Anderson are all great. D'Lo, Garrett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, and Mike Knox are all underwhelming choices to have as revealed members. I always expected Matt Morgan, Crimson, or Jeff Jarrett to be members when the group started and all of those would have been better fits and bigger names for the group to help it get over. Instead, they've chosen one has been and a couple of never weres who the average fan will not care about.

Oh, and FYI, that Bully dropkick this past week on Impact was not only athletic but funny to see him pull off. Is there anything this guy CAN'T do?

The original post would be a great reply to a past thread about the lack of TNA Originals in the main event scene. :)

Bully Ray is a fun character. He is willing to be tough and goofy all in one segment. The accent really helps and the man looks in better shape than ever. He is just a guy who looks like someone who likes and knows how to fight. Throw in some outside interference and he is realistically over as an acceptable heel champion.

The original post would be a great reply to a past thread about the lack of TNA Originals in the main event scene. :)

No worries. Just scroll through a maximum of 2 pages in the TNA section and you'll find one. Or just wait a few more days. It's almost a monthly thing at this point. Except when TNA originals are in the Main Event scene. Then nobody notices.

Is Bully the best thing on the show? Not in my view. I mean, I love the guy. He's probably the best heel in TNA and WWE today. Top 3 for absolutely sure. Whether he's on top of that top 3 or not is for everyone to decide, but he's magnificent.

However, for me, Aries and Roode are the best thing on Impact. Again, personal opinion. I get all giddy when I see Aries and Roode come out because I know something entertaining is going to be said or done.

Still, I'm glad TNA has a lot of people to look forward to. Bully Ray, Austin, Roode, Kaz, Daniels, AJ, Sting. They usually save segments and whole matches and that's what a company needs.

Plus, it's good to watch a show where people are over for their characters, not their theme song.

I think "Bully Ray" is awesome. he is a great heel. unfortunately I think there are too many people who see him as "Bubba Ray Dudley" and just don't want to give him a chance. people laugh, OMG Bubba Ray Dudley is the TNA world heavyweight champion. it's sad when idiots can't see past prior characters that have changed. I don't think anyone would have imagined "Mean Mark" (Undertaker/ Mean Mark in WCW) would go on to have an undefeated streak in the WWE at Wrestlemania.

it's also too bad Aces and Eights haven't been booked properly. too much losing pre Bully.

Bully is doing his thing for sure. He's kinda got an old school heel feel to him but a little edgier sort of. The A&8's should've had better stars as it were in the fold, but they're working with what they have. It wouldn't be so bad except D'Lo and Taz are a part of it. Neither one of them had been relevant in over a decade. But for the others I stated that something fresh could be a good thing to make it work. Between Bully and Roode on his title run, they were the best heels in the business.

Absolutely Bully has it all, he proved me and I'm sure many fans wrong. NEVER thought I would be able to buy him as a world champion. But he did great promo after great promo, great match after great match, and after his feud with Aries (Sacrifice) was done I just said "Damn give this guy the belt."

No matter how many goofy segments you put him in (Abs and Calves with Scott Steiner anyone remember that? Great team haha) or losing to Joseph Park I still buy him as a threat, and now of course, as a champion.

The Dudleys had a good niche for their time in the tag team division. Bully Ray seems alright, but TNA has taken some kind of bland reality tv approach to presenting their product these days.

It's like Hogan just shipped the botched abortions that slapped together his reality show and had them do the same thing with TNA footage.

Bully Ray is a neat character, I honestly can't watch an entire Bully Ray promo. The last time I tried, he was gushing over how he "out-smarted" everyone with his master plan to take over TNA. What did he actually do? He pretended to be against Aces & Eights, but he was really working with them. D'oh!

It wasn't so much that this was the most fucking stupid storyline in recent memory, it was that they played the same fucking promo three fucking times throughout the broadcast. It's moments where nothing on tv can beat that where I seriously question why anyone still owns a tv.

I wish the best for the man. But I know he's up shit creek if Hogan has anything to say about the direction of his character.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Y know what I woke up thinking about this morning... how awesome Bully Ray was last night on Impact last night...He went to the ring, he shoved poor JB out of his boots, called out the Stinger told him to his face he screwed him, told the Hulkster arm crossed on the stage he screwed him and it was really good. Lockdown ended with a good buzz but the past few weeks the focus seemed to be lingering a bit. Bully Ray in one promo refocused everything. He's the bad mother that screwed Hogan, scewed his daughter, screwed TNA and backstabbed Sting. And as a result helped give Sting one of his most chilling promos I've seen in a while.

I love the Stinger, I'm an old school surfer Sting fan, enjoyed the crow too but nowadays when Sting mainevented a pay per view against Bobby Roode a few months I didn't feel that bad about missing it. I wasn't too excited when Sting got #1 contender over Matt Morgan either, but I'll say this after that promo I'm invested and I want to see that Slammivesary main event.

Well done TNA.

The Dudleys had a good niche for their time in the tag team division. Bully Ray seems alright, but TNA has taken some kind of bland reality tv approach to presenting their product these days.

It's like Hogan just shipped the botched abortions that slapped together his reality show and had them do the same thing with TNA footage.

Bully Ray is a neat character, I honestly can't watch an entire Bully Ray promo. The last time I tried, he was gushing over how he "out-smarted" everyone with his master plan to take over TNA. What did he actually do? He pretended to be against Aces & Eights, but he was really working with them. D'oh!

It wasn't so much that this was the most fucking stupid storyline in recent memory, it was that they played the same fucking promo three fucking times throughout the broadcast. It's moments where nothing on tv can beat that where I seriously question why anyone still owns a tv.

I wish the best for the man. But I know he's up shit creek if Hogan has anything to say about the direction of his character.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

It wasn't the same promo that they played three times on the same episode. Those were three different promos that explained a year's worth of storyline progression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back