• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bully Ray is the *NEW* TNA World Champion, and the President of Aces & Eights!

Now do I need to go back and watch 3 years (or maybe to last summer when the Aces and Eights first appeared) worth of Impact and PPV's, so I can appreicate and see Bully Ray's rise to main event status and deserved role as World Champion and leader of this biker group, just so I actually get just what the hell is going on in TNA these days....or should I just smirk at the absurdity of it all and just continue to glance at the various news tidbits on the various wrestling sites?

Alright, I'm probably the biggest naysayer on this storyline, because it appears to me that TNA is justifying boring the shit out of people for months by having one really good moment. I don't see how they're going to build on the momentum from this, as they've failed to build on the momentum of just about everything else.

But.

Yes, if you haven't been watching a program for three years, you cannot expect to jump right back into it and immediately "get" everything that is going on from your vantage point of a few years ago. The world does not freeze when you aren't paying attention; the storylines continue, and you missed the ascension of Bully Ray, which was one of the very few bright spots TNA has had recently. It's probably the only reason people care about the A/8 story this week.

There are a lot of valid things to bitch about in TNA these days, but not getting a television program that you haven't watched in three years is a bit over the top. You aren't jumping into Memento in the middle of the movie, it's professional wrestling. Don't think too hard.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there could be a reason TNA waited so long to reveal Bully as the President of Aces/Eights and have him win the world heavyweight title.

Jeff Hardy.

what?

some suggested Jeff Hardy had his most recent title run because TNA wanted to keep him happy, so that he would resign a new contract. it was announced on Bellator February 7th that Hardy had signed a new contract.
maybe TNA kept the title on Hardy that long to keep him happy, and they wanted the Bully turn to be in situation where he won the heavyweight championship.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

The only thing that matters is that Bully Ray is a heel and Bully Ray is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. :worship:

Aces and Eights looked strong tonight. too bad it took so long for it be this way. hopefully they continue it this way.
if they want to make Aces/Eights work, they need to book them being strong and powerful.

I also didn't understand talking about "firing" tonight. if firing them was a believable option, they could have been fired from the beginning.

I might be in the minority but I don't see how this was great. Just because Bully Ray was revealed as the leader of the Aces & 8s and is now world champion doesn't change the fact that the storyline has been bad and that the group itself isn't very good.

To me ever since they started this storyline it has dragged Impact down. I honestly thought they were producing much better TV before the Aces & 8s story started. I don't enjoy anything involving them at all. It's been dragging for months and yes we finally got a payoff but I don't care. I just want the story to end and the group to go away. I know it won't though.

Also unlike others I'm not that big on Bully Ray so him being world champion isn't a selling point to make me watch Impact.

I don't understand this orgasm over Bully Ray becoming World Champion and suddenly becoming a miracle man whose brought the Aces & Eights storyline out of the shitter and into greatness. Since when? Do you have to be some die-hard TNA fan to feel this way?

All I see is the same horrible stable, after nine months of dull, uninspired, mind numbing television, suddenly coming to a climax with Bully Ray as the new champion. I certainly don't see what people's love for Bully Ray is. He's entirely overrated in terms of being some fantastic heel. Sure, he's pretty good on the mic and can draw some heat, but as the World champion? As the face of the company, and as its top star? Not a chance. No one but die-hard TNA fans are going find him some credible champion, becuase to everyone else he's just a Dudley? One half of an overrated tag team who believe they're somehow the greatest tag team of all time, despite not even being close to it. The guy that use to be in WWE as a mid-carder. No one who hasn't been watching TNA for years can even fathom him as the Champion of TNA's company, it's quite ridiculous, actually.

Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, even Christopher Daniels are far better heels then Bully Ray. They're also far more interesting and entertaining heels. They also can put on great matches and have exciting wrestling feuds, the same certainly can't be said with Bully Ray. Certainly not on the level of those other three.

And now we're suddenly suppose to believe that Aces & Eights are credible, and dominant, and all these other things, when nothing's really changed at all. And we're going to be forced to watch this angle for longer, maybe even another nine months, when it should've been killed off ages ago.

There are far more deserving people that should be TNA World champion and get the chance to be their top star, and top heel, over Bully Ray.

I don't understand this orgasm over Bully Ray becoming World Champion and suddenly becoming a miracle man whose brought the Aces & Eights storyline out of the shitter and into greatness. Since when? Do you have to be some die-hard TNA fan to feel this way?

All I see is the same horrible stable, after nine months of dull, uninspired, mind numbing television, suddenly coming to a climax with Bully Ray as the new champion. I certainly don't see what people's love for Bully Ray is. He's entirely overrated in terms of being some fantastic heel. Sure, he's pretty good on the mic and can draw some heat, but as the World champion? As the face of the company, and as its top star? Not a chance. No one but die-hard TNA fans are going find him some credible champion, becuase to everyone else he's just a Dudley? One half of an overrated tag team who believe they're somehow the greatest tag team of all time, despite not even being close to it. The guy that use to be in WWE as a mid-carder. No one who hasn't been watching TNA for years can even fathom him as the Champion of TNA's company, it's quite ridiculous, actually.

Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, even Christopher Daniels are far better heels then Bully Ray. They're also far more interesting and entertaining heels. They also can put on great matches and have exciting wrestling feuds, the same certainly can't be said with Bully Ray. Certainly not on the level of those other three.

And now we're suddenly suppose to believe that Aces & Eights are credible, and dominant, and all these other things, when nothing's really changed at all. And we're going to be forced to watch this angle for longer, maybe even another nine months, when it should've been killed off ages ago.

There are far more deserving people that should be TNA World champion and get the chance to be their top star, and top heel, over Bully Ray.

See, you answered your own criticisms right there. Bully Ray is not MEANT to be entertaining. Aries, Roode and Daniels are funny heels, at the moment. Bully Ray is a full fledged heel. No jokes, no puns, he's just an asshole. Like Roode was when he held the belt.

The fact that YOU don't prefer Bully Ray over guys like Roode, Aries and Daniels doesn't take away a SHRED of his overall ability as a heel. Look at the responses from the crowd, look at his ability on the mic. The guy draws heat. Period. It's not Vickie Guerrero heat, it's not X-Pac heat, it's your usual heel heat. He doesn't do it occasionally, he does it EVERY SINGLE TIME. That right there puts your bullshit opinion to rest.

And yes, the guy that was nothing more than a mid-carder in the WWE is the TNA Champion. That's ridiculious? You do realize that he was nothing more than a mid-carder in the WWE because of the WWE right?

Here's some truth for your hypocritic ass. One of WWE's greatest wrestlers was a nowhere near the Main Event in WCW and ECW. His name is Stone Cold Steve Austin. Currently, one of WWE's most amazing "superstars" was a NOBODY in TNA. His name is CM Punk. Their first Undisputed Champion was a walking comedy gig in WCW. His name is Chris Jericho. Guys like Benoit and Guerrero were also mid or upper mid-carders in WCW.

See how that works? Your whole point proves only one thing - WWE didn't realize Bully was this good, but TNA did. TNA did something with Bully the WWE couldn't. Make him relevant.

Now, on to how unexplicable it is that Aces and Eights all of a sudden "slaughtered" the entire roster, despite losing all their matches in recent memory. Here's the kicker - this wasn't a match. They just won a brawl and some of them had weapons AND Bully Ray, the World Champion, was with them. In fake wrestling world, that should mean something.

See, this is called a story. The common logic behind this is that now that the group is complete and their leader is with them (wielding chains and belts), it's likely that the whole group is much stronger.

It's a plot tool. It's TNA showing YOUR ass that now that Bully is with them they are truly unstoppable, and they showed it last night. BUT, you didn't get that. Why? Who knows, and who cares.

Whether you think it's stupid, whether you get it or not, facts remain - that was the purpose of this segment. It was to show YOU what Aces and Eights are now that the stable is complete.

And while they've been losing matches, they've been losing matches one on one. However, as a group, it's either been 50/50 or they've done more damage TOGETHER. They took out Sting, Angle, Magnus, Hardy TOGETHER. It's why Bully was saying "When you're with Aces and Eights you'll never walk alone". The whole fucking point is that they're a PACK and they attack TOGETHER.

But again, your total lack of common sense and understanding of a storyline with multiple layers, is not surprising. You're too used to "Me beat you, you lose to me" in the good 'ol DubyaDuByaEeh. Anything beyond that and your head pops like a damn grape.

See, I love it how you people peek your heads in just when TNA does something RIGHT so you can run it into the ground for literally no reason. The stable is coming back to life (albeit late as FUCK), Bully Ray is a white hot heel and his hype is rubbing off on Aces and Eights. They did the website thing, they're pissing people off, they're starting to look far more dominant.

Fact is, Aces and Eights are nowhere near epic. The storyline needs a lot of damage control and a lot of work which TNA is obviously willing to put into it. But to run it down like this? Give me a break.

You don't have to be a TNA die-hard fan to enjoy it. You just shouldn't be a die-hard WWE fan, and you're all good.

See, you answered your own criticisms right there. Bully Ray is not MEANT to be entertaining. Aries, Roode and Daniels are funny heels, at the moment. Bully Ray is a full fledged heel. No jokes, no puns, he's just an asshole. Like Roode was when he held the belt.

Oooh, he’s not meant to be ENTERTAINING. My mistake! I guess he’s supposed to be boring and make the audience turn the station, is that it? He’s supposed to be uninteresting? Since when are the only entertaining heels ones who are funny? I thought any heel was supposed to be entertaining… that’s what keeps the audience interested. That’s why the audience tunes in. If the heel isn’t entertaining them, even if they absolutely hate that heel, then that heel is failing.

Ric Flair wasn’t a funny heel, but he was certainly entertaining.
Roddy Piper wasn’t a funny heel, but he was definitely entertaining.
Hollywood Hogan wasn’t a funny heel, but he and the nWo were entertaining.

I guess the fact Bully Ray isn’t ENTERTAINING is the reason fewer people watched Impact this week after he was revealed as the President of Aces & Eights and won the TNA World championship. That makes perfect sense now!
Maybe Ray should’ve taken some pointers from Roode when he was a serious heel and champion, maybe then he’d be entertaining. Or better yet, maybe Roode should be champion right now. Yeah, let’s go with that one.

The fact that YOU don't prefer Bully Ray over guys like Roode, Aries and Daniels doesn't take away a SHRED of his overall ability as a heel. Look at the responses from the crowd, look at his ability on the mic. The guy draws heat. Period. It's not Vickie Guerrero heat, it's not X-Pac heat, it's your usual heel heat. He doesn't do it occasionally, he does it EVERY SINGLE TIME. That right there puts your bullshit opinion to rest.
When did I say Bully Ray doesn’t draw heat?
I’m pretty sure I said Bully Ray is pretty good on the mic and he can draw heat.

And yes, the guy that was nothing more than a mid-carder in the WWE is the TNA Champion. That's ridiculious? You do realize that he was nothing more than a mid-carder in the WWE because of the WWE right?
Oh, of course. It’s definitely WWE’s fault. I mean, they didn’t break up the Dudley’s and give both of them singles runs. Nope, not at all. They didn’t give Bubba Ray Dudley a chance to shine on his own, either. Hell, I don’t even think Bubba Ray Dudley had a match for the Heavyweight title in WWE against Triple H. Nope, that never happened.
Or maybe the real reason is because he’s a guy with a “name” in a small pond named TNA, and he has more influence backstage. Clearly if pushes in TNA were based off talent alone then Jeff Hardy and Bully Ray wouldn’t be the top stars in the company at this very moment.

Here's some truth for your hypocritic ass. One of WWE's greatest wrestlers was a nowhere near the Main Event in WCW and ECW. His name is Stone Cold Steve Austin. Currently, one of WWE's most amazing "superstars" was a NOBODY in TNA. His name is CM Punk. Their first Undisputed Champion was a walking comedy gig in WCW. His name is Chris Jericho. Guys like Benoit and Guerrero were also mid or upper mid-carders in WCW.
How am I hypocritical? You comparing Bully Ray to Steve Austin is laughable. It’s laughable comparing him to CM Punk, Chris Jericho, or Eddie Guerrero. His ability, on any level, doesn’t compare to ANY of these people you’ve named. Nor does his place as a STAR. You overrating Bully Ray because he’s a TNA guy now doesn’t make your point any less ridiculous.
While Steve Austin wasn’t in the main event in WCW, he sure as hell was successful. He definitely was in the main event during his time in ECW, and he would’ve been the World champion there if he didn’t decide not to win the title when he had the chance (before then being scooped up by WWE). Just because Austin didn’t reach the heights he should’ve in WCW, doesn’t mean it wasn’t obvious he was a “star”. The same goes for Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero in WCW. Everyone knew they were stars and had the potential they proved in WWE. Can the same be said about Bully Ray? I don’t think so. No one at all, back in the time he was in WWE, thought “why are the WWE holding him back? He could be in the main event. He could be the World champion!” You’re full of shit in your silly comparison.

CM Punk was barely in TN; if he had actually been involved in TNA to any degree his status there may have been VERY different. So that comparison is silly, too.

You talk about all of these stars: Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk, not being given the chance to reach their potential in other companies UNTIL they got to the WWE where they reached superstardom heights. Why is that? Could it be because the WWE offered them that platform, gave them that opportunity, and allowed them to become those stars? They all became stars IN the WWE. You said it yourself. So what you need to ask yourself, for your silly point to have any meaning, is why Bully Ray DIDN’T become the same star as those other names when WWE gave him the platform, the opportunity, and the chance to become a singles star. And they DID.
He could only become World champion, and a star (in your mind), on a much smaller scale, on a much lesser stage, in TNA. Imagine that!

See how that works? Your whole point proves only one thing - WWE didn't realize Bully was this good, but TNA did. TNA did something with Bully the WWE couldn't. Make him relevant.
Wrong. Bully Ray couldn’t be a star in the WWE, because he wasn’t over enough. But he’s good enough to be over on a much smaller scale in TNA. Congratulations! Bully Ray is the next Ric F’cking Flair!

Now, on to how unexplicable it is that Aces and Eights all of a sudden "slaughtered" the entire roster, despite losing all their matches in recent memory. Here's the kicker - this wasn't a match. They just won a brawl and some of them had weapons AND Bully Ray, the World Champion, was with them. In fake wrestling world, that should mean something.
No, in the fake wrestling world continuity means something.

Whether you think it's stupid, whether you get it or not, facts remain - that was the purpose of this segment. It was to show YOU what Aces and Eights are now that the stable is complete.
Oh, I’m aware of what it was meant to show. But in my eyes, as I was pointing out, it’s far too late to show Aces & Eights as strong and dominant, since they haven’t been shown that way for nine months. Perception is EVERYTHING, and when the audience views something a certain way for a long period of time, it takes a lot more than one show and the silliness that was portrayed on this week’s Impact to erase that perception.

And while they've been losing matches, they've been losing matches one on one. However, as a group, it's either been 50/50 or they've done more damage TOGETHER. They took out Sting, Angle, Magnus, Hardy TOGETHER. It's why Bully was saying "When you're with Aces and Eights you'll never walk alone". The whole fucking point is that they're a PACK and they attack TOGETHER.
What’s your point? Everyone gets that. That doesn’t make them a credible force. That doesn’t make the audience suddenly believe they’re something more than they have been for NINE months.

But again, your total lack of common sense and understanding of a storyline with multiple layers, is not surprising. You're too used to "Me beat you, you lose to me" in the good 'ol DubyaDuByaEeh. Anything beyond that and your head pops like a damn grape.
I don’t understand your logic here. Nor do I understand why you keep referring to WWE, as if that’s some bible to me. I watched NWA, AWA, WCW, ECW, WWF, and so on throughout my life time, so my perception of wrestling is certainly not determined by today’s WWE. And TNA is certainly not doing anything groundbreaking. They’re certainly not changing the wrestling world or how it’s been done for decades.
All they’ve done is rehashed an old angle, done it with countless plot holes and ridiculous logic gaps, and suddenly revealed the last piece of a stable and hope that erases the past nine months.. and hope everyone suddenly goes, “This is awesome!” and forgets anything else but NOW. It doesn’t work that way with people who have a brain.
See, I love it how you people peek your heads in just when TNA does something RIGHT so you can run it into the ground for literally no reason. The stable is coming back to life (albeit late as FUCK), Bully Ray is a white hot heel and his hype is rubbing off on Aces and Eights. They did the website thing, they're pissing people off, they're starting to look far more dominant.
Who are YOU people? (No, I’m not quoting Tropic Thunder)
I’m not a die-hard WWE fan. I watch TNA as much as I watch WWE. I follow both equally. So if you’re accusing me of being some WWE fanboy, you’re an idiot. And very predictable.

TNA hasn’t done anything RIGHT here. They’ve failed with this angle for nine months, dragging it on and kicking a dead horse, and what they did at Lockdown and on Impact certainly doesn’t change that. It certainly isn’t doing anything right. This is what I don’t understand about TNA fans… TNA will do some horrible angle and constantly screw it up, and then they pretend to do some major swerve and reinvent the status quo, and TNA fans jump up and down praising it as if they’re the patient from 50 First Dates who loses his memory every five seconds.

Fact is, Aces and Eights are nowhere near epic. The storyline needs a lot of damage control and a lot of work which TNA is obviously willing to put into it. But to run it down like this? Give me a break.

You don't have to be a TNA die-hard fan to enjoy it. You just shouldn't be a die-hard WWE fan, and you're all good.
Clearly not. Lots of people, on these very forums, who aren’t die-hard WWE fans don’t enjoy Aces & Eights at all. And based off the ratings of this past Impact, much of the audience isn’t any more interested in what TNA’s supposedly doing “right” or enjoying Aces & Eights moving forward.

He's entirely overrated in terms of being some fantastic heel. Sure, he's pretty good on the mic and can draw some heat,

What more do you want? He can wrestle, he's one of the top talkers in TNA and he draws heat. That is a dictionary definition of a good heel.

No one but die-hard TNA fans are going find him some credible champion, becuase to everyone else he's just a Dudley? One half of an overrated tag team who believe they're somehow the greatest tag team of all time, despite not even being close to it.

I know plenty of casual fans, and fans of all wrestling who find him completely credible.

The guy that use to be in WWE as a mid-carder.

Maybe as the Dudleys you're right, But Ray had title shots against the likes of Kurt Angle, and Triple H, back as far as 2000.

Different, clearly you're a fan of those 3 particular wrestlers, Ray has a different in-ring style, you're bound not to like evryone. But Ray is a MASTER of crowd interaction.

Back at TNA shows in Philadelphia and New York, the ENTIRE show had the crowd cheering the heels. EXCEPT Ray. 1 promo, 1 sentence and he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Would aries/Roode or Daniels have got the reaction Ray got when he teamed with Sting in the facepaint? I somehow doubt it.

There's time for everyone to have their day at the top. This isn't WWE where Cena IS the main event no matter what titles, matches or fueds are going on.

Sorry, but if you genuinely took Flair or Piper seriously as a heel, then you must have some kind of mental illness.

Clearly you have the mental illness. Or likely you have no idea about wrestling history or who those two guys were in their prime, because they sure as hell weren't "comedy" heels. Learn about what you're commenting on before you comment, please.

Clearly you have the mental illness. Or likely you have no idea about wrestling history or who those two guys were in their prime, because they sure as hell weren't "comedy" heels. Learn about what you're commenting on before you comment, please.

Sigh. You have no idea about what I do or do not know about ANYTHING. Piper was in his prime when I first started watching Wrestling, and even at that age I could see a cardboard cut-out scottish fighting stereotype for what it was. Flair was already 'wooing' and throwing his shoes at people in the early 80's. If you sincerely saw Flair furiously taking his jacket off and ranting and honestly thought 'wow, there's an evil sonofabitch and no mistake!' then fine, If you watched Flair brag about suits and rolexes before having a match that ALWAYS featured his 3 comedy spots and didn't find it slightly ridiculous, then fair enough. Almost everybody else has been laughing at/along with Flair for about 38 years of his career.

So, as you're the expert in my knowledge, how much exactly do I know about wrestling history? Really. I assumed I'd know, but please, enlighten me.

Sorry, but if you genuinely took Flair or Piper seriously as a heel, then you must have some kind of mental illness.

For my once a year post I will take aim at this. YOU sir, are a moron. This has to be the singlemost idiotic statement I have ever seen concerning Ric Flair, or Mr. Piper for that matter. Piper wrote the book on "getting heat" with his mid 80's run and fued w/Hogan. But hey, who took that seriously right?:banghead:
Concerning Mr. Flair, it must have been hard for the guy as you put it in another post, with his "three comedy moves" to carry stiffs across the country 365 days a year to 60 minute classics night in and night out. I mean that guy never got heat anywhere, or crap thrown at him, or mobbed in public right? It must have been because nobody took him "seriously as a heel" right? Again...:banghead:

But hey, TNA and Hulk Hogan with this revolutionary idea of a heel stable taking over a company and having a big reveal of a major face in the company actually being a swerve and being the leader of said faction is great stuff. Keep on watching. I don't need to watch it, I saw the same angle IN 1996!

Sigh. You have no idea about what I do or do not know about ANYTHING. Piper was in his prime when I first started watching Wrestling, and even at that age I could see a cardboard cut-out scottish fighting stereotype for what it was. Flair was already 'wooing' and throwing his shoes at people in the early 80's. If you sincerely saw Flair furiously taking his jacket off and ranting and honestly thought 'wow, there's an evil sonofabitch and no mistake!' then fine, If you watched Flair brag about suits and rolexes before having a match that ALWAYS featured his 3 comedy spots and didn't find it slightly ridiculous, then fair enough. Almost everybody else has been laughing at/along with Flair for about 38 years of his career.

So, as you're the expert in my knowledge, how much exactly do I know about wrestling history? Really. I assumed I'd know, but please, enlighten me.

Sigh. Your post here proves how much knowledge you lack and how absolutely ridiculous your views on Ric Flair and Roddy Piper actually are. I don't buy for a minute you know anything about their histories, because as 'realoldskoolfan' pointed out, your perception of both and certainly of their primes is laughable. You've made yourself look like a complete moron.

Piper was in no way a comedy heel. He was a bad ass who was man enough to wear a skirt and who was so over that he was the most hated heel in wrestling. The guy started riots for crying out loud. He invented what it means to be a "true heel" in wrestling.

Just because both Piper and Flair had "amusing" pieces to their "acts" that fans, even the ones who absolutely hated them, found entertaining, does by no regard label them as "comedy" heels. They were heels of the truest sense, and they were ENTERTAINING, something that Bully Ray isn't.

To answer your question: You know nothing about wrestling history, clearly. Go back and watch some, specifically with Piper and Flair, and maybe you'll realize how silly your statements were AND realize how poorly Bully Ray and his pathetic Aces & Eights angle compare.

D'lo was the biggest anti-climax of all time. Bully Ray is much better. I think putting team-3D back together is a good thing. They are "brothers" after all. Heel suits him better. I hope that they can keep the momentum going with this faction. He deserves this world title. Personally, I think there are better wrestlers in their roster but he has been damn good in the last year or so.

My only worry is how this ends. If Bully Ray faces Hogan at Slammiversry for the World title: I may never watch TNA ever again. To be honest, Sting would be pretty bad as well. I already fast forward the majority but guys like Bully Ray, Aces & Eights, Angle, keep me watching. I'm not a huge TNA mark but AJ Styles is the obvious choice to end Bully Ray's title run and possibly the angle. They need to probably build the "them and us" mentality and have AJ defend TNA.

Piper wrote the book on "getting heat" with his mid 80's run and fued w/Hogan. But hey, who took that seriously right?

Where did I say Piper was a bad heel? where did I say Piper couldn't get heat? Where did I say he never had a good fued?

I didn't. However his gimmick was an angry jock, and he played it well. Sometimes, it was ridiculous. Just like Kendo Nagasaki, Volkoff and a dozen other paper thin 80's stereotypes.

Concerning Mr. Flair, it must have been hard for the guy as you put it in another post, with his "three comedy moves" to carry stiffs across the country 365 days a year to 60 minute classics night in and night out.

Don't misquote me. Flair had (and has) a good arsenal of moves. But EVERY match since 1982 or so has featured the classic 'beg for a timeout', flip over the corner turnbuckle and look confused, and fall, 'punch drunk' onto the face. Flair's a legend, deservedly so. A great worker and a genre defining wrestler. But every single match features a bit of comedy schtick, it was there and it's foolish to state otherwise.

People hated Flair, he did his job, and did it well for the most part. But no-one ever looked at Flair like he was an evil engine of destruction. he was selfish, cunning and sly, and when he got dropkicked to the face and fell flat onto his face, it was hilarious. As Flair well knew.

TNA and Hulk Hogan with this revolutionary idea of a heel stable taking over a company and having a big reveal of a major face in the company actually being a swerve and being the leader of said faction is great stuff. Keep on watching. I don't need to watch it, I saw the same angle IN 1996!

Where exactly did I defend the angle? I think TNA rely FAR too heavily on the invasion angle (and the 'goldberg streak' angle too, but that's a discussion for another time.) I don't love the angle, like most TNA stuff, it's had some great moments, and some lazy creative stuff.

I was defending Bully Ray, I think he's an excellent heel.

Looking forward to next years post.

Piper was in no way a comedy heel. He was a bad ass who was man enough to wear a skirt and who was so over that he was the most hated heel in wrestling. The guy started riots for crying out loud. He invented what it means to be a "true heel" in wrestling.

Not wanting to take anything away from Piper, as I was a big fan back in the day, but inventing the true heel? look back about 30 years beefore Piper ever even laced up the boots.

Christ, the skirt? Only in America could such a fatuous, idiotic played out stereotype attempt to be used in any seriousness.

They were heels of the truest sense, and they were ENTERTAINING, something that Bully Ray isn't.

To you.

To answer your question: You know nothing about wrestling history, clearly. Go back and watch some, specifically with Piper and Flair, and maybe you'll realize how silly your statements were AND realize how poorly Bully Ray and his pathetic Aces & Eights angle compare.

Thanks, perhaps you can tell me how much I know about Medicine? Or European Mythology? I'm so glad to have met my official biographer. How much do I know about Bridge design? Or the works of Marcel Proust, kindly continue to elucidate.

I never mentioned Aces and Eights. Ray's a good heel, A&8's is an angle that's been handled badly, it has had a good moment or 2, but we've all sen the TNA hostile takeover at least 9 times now.

This is the first angle in years that has me interested in TNA......I like the gang style altercations and think this can (but ultimately won't) succeed, unless they've learned their nWo mistakes.

Mister Bob: Bully was a very entertaining heel in TNA all throughout 2012, he was funny as well, he unressed anybody on the mic. Remember when the Calvzilla thing and Twitta Fire-breathing machine? dude kept coming with stuff like this every week. I'm not sure if he's gonna be that awesome as leader of Aces & 8s but the guy has a history of being an awesome heel as good as Daniels and Aries, pretty funny too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back