• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bubba the Love Sponge on Haiti.

I know this is a little out of the realm of actual wrestling, but since this guy is now showing his ugly face on TNA, I would like to comment on this/hear comments about it. Bubba the Love Sponge wrote on his Twitter page, "I say f--- hati [sic]. Why do we have to take care of everybody our country is in shambles. Bubba." I think this is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. What he said wasn't just insensitive to the the thousands and thousands of people who have been affected by this disaster, it is down right evil. This guy should be FIRED from TNA immediately, and I hope he is at least suspended from his radio show, by whoever the hells runs it (unless it's him, I don't even know). I had a good deal of respect for this guys before this, and now, he makes me sick. Please drop some comments/thoughts on this topic.

I've always taken the guy to be a douchebag, but this actually made some sense. I agree with him. Why should we worry about a country that was already in turmoil, when we have enough problems on our home soil?

Haiti was still in shreds from all the hurricanes that tore through last year, and it wasn't about to be picked up before this year's hurricane season hit. In short, the country was, is, and always will be...FUCKED. So why take resources away from here, where we need them?

They're spread thin as it is, and it's an unneeded risk for many of the people going there to help.

Well, I agree the country is in turmoil, run by thugs and terrible people. But it is estimated that over 100,000 are DEAD! People are starving. This has nothing to do with re-building a nation, it has to do with helping human beings who are starving and dying. We have problems here, sure, but nothing that compares to what they are going through. I would bet my life that if either you or Bubba the Idiot Sponge were living down in Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the entire world, you would be singing an entirely different song.

Well, I agree the country is in turmoil, run by thugs and terrible people. But it is estimated that over 100,000 are DEAD! People are starving. This has nothing to do with re-building a nation, it has to do with helping human beings who are starving and dying. We have problems here, sure, but nothing that compares to what they are going through. I would bet my life that if either you or Bubba the Idiot Sponge were living down in Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the entire world, you would be singing an entirely different song.

If I lived in Haiti, of course I'd be begging for help. But, I don't, so I'm not...For Haiti. I am begging for help here though.

100,00 dead sucks, but the country has known nothing but death and sadness. Look at the number of homeless we have here, or the number dying from starvation, and the number without health insurance, who most likely will die, because they can't afford to see a doctor.

Haiti has it's problems, and we have ours. Until we even start to fix what's going on at home, FUCK HAITI.

Yeah, they have known nothing but death and sadness, but I guess for people like you and that piece of trash Bubba, a little more death (over 100,000) can't hurt. Begging for help here? Begging for help here, while we sit here on our COMPUTERS and discuss the deaths of countless people, in our warm houses, where we have things to eat and drink. We all have problems, and while I don't think it is right for me to downplay whatever those may be for you, I highly doubt they compare to those of anyone living in Haiti right now. No compassion for anyone anymore. It makes me sick.

Yeah, they have known nothing but death and sadness, but I guess for people like you and that piece of trash Bubba, a little more death (over 100,000) can't hurt. Begging for help here? Begging for help here, while we sit here on our COMPUTERS and discuss the deaths of countless people, in our warm houses, where we have things to eat and drink. We all have problems, and while I don't think it is right for me to downplay whatever those may be for you, I highly doubt they compare to those of anyone living in Haiti right now. No compassion for anyone anymore. It makes me sick.

:lmao:

How many countries sent aid to help find bodies at Ground Zero? Where was all the help when New Orleans was under water? Where was the statement by anyone when Ft. Hood was attacked from within?

A car bomb goes off in Sudan, and within minutes, there's a press conference from the President, saying our thoughts are with them, and blah blah blah...The same thing happens here, and you barely hear a peep out of someone.

Until people wake up and realize we're that friend that's being used for our resources, there is no need for us to continuously help countries that sit idly by as we fall apart.

No one offered to help us. And I highly doubt that we needed the help nearly as much as Haiti, seeing we are one the richest countries in the world, even during an economic downturn. And not to mention, it wasn't like we had an entire city starving and dying with no internal help to be found (Katrina was handled horribly, I agree). These people cannot help where they are born, or that they have corrupt, jack off governments. But just because no one offered to help us, you think we should do the same? We claim to be the best country in the world, and I believe we are, and once again, this proves just that. We help people in need, even if we receive zero help in return. And, by the way, I doubt we would be helping an established nation like France, who like us, doesn't need it nearly as badly as dirt poor nation like Haiti.

No one offered to help us.

Exactly.

And I highly doubt that we needed the help nearly as much as Haiti,

:blink: I can find a video of the planes crashing in to the towers, if you really need it. Or a video of a family getting swept away by the water in New Orleans. It's all on YouTube.

seeing we are one the richest countries in the world, even during an economic downturn.

152453473_b9be4bb5fa.jpg

I'll leave it at that.

And not to mention, it wasn't like we had an entire city starving and dying with no internal help to be found (Katrina was handled horribly, I agree).

There was no internal help. Look at what happened with Katrina. That was a disaster from before the hurricane even hit.

There was internal help for Ground Zero, but tell me you weren't expecting anyone to send some help. Even 100 volunteers. Something. There was nothing.

These people cannot help where they are born, or that they have corrupt, jack off governments.

Neither can we.

Shit...I said that out loud, didn't I?

But just because no one offered to help us, you think we should do the same?

Now you're catching on.

We claim to be the best country in the world, and I believe we are, and once again, this proves just that.

:lmao: You, and you alone.

We can claim to be anything we want. That doesn't make it a fact. Our dollar is almost worthless, we have no idea of when our economy will turn itself around, or if it will, and the country is falling apart from within. We have record numbers of unemployed, so we send our jobs to other countries.

We also have this nasty habit of meddling in other people's shit. Remember where it got us in Somalia? Did we learn our lesson? No. In fact, we made the same mistake. Twice. Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'll admit they were problems that needed to be handled, but not the way we did it.

We help people in need, even if we receive zero help in return.

Let me know when this makes sense. Let's take it small scale. You have a friend that constantly asks for money, food, a place to sleep. You provide it, being a good friend. Then what happens the day you're on the highway with a flat tire? Or the day you lose your job and need some food?

Where's that friend then?

And, by the way, I doubt we would be helping an established nation like France, who like us, doesn't need it nearly as badly as dirt poor nation like Haiti.

Fuck France, too. They decided they weren't going to help us a long time ago.

What Bubba said is misguided. I appreciate the concerns that Americans have, but in all honesty the money is a drop in the ocean to one country, and not to the other. I'm not attacking NSL here by any stretch of the imagination, but he has basically set out the problems that people have quite eloquently, and it makes more sense to address them directly.

I've always taken the guy to be a douchebag, but this actually made some sense. I agree with him. Why should we worry about a country that was already in turmoil, when we have enough problems on our home soil?

Because the problems on your home soil aren't going to disappear overnight, but the money could help Haiti save lives overnight. That is the difference. You would accrue as much debt in interest and three times as much in Iraq over a day, it really doesn't make a difference.
Haiti was still in shreds from all the hurricanes that tore through last year, and it wasn't about to be picked up before this year's hurricane season hit. In short, the country was, is, and always will be...FUCKED. So why take resources away from here, where we need them?

Because they need them more. Haiti is 500 miles from Miami. If you cut them off, you are going to have to deal with a much, much bigger problem with ilegal immigration for there. If their country is hospitable, they are more likely to stay.

They're spread thin as it is, and it's an unneeded risk for many of the people going there to help.

So just leave them to die, even though we have the resources to save them? Where's your sense of humanity?

If I lived in Haiti, of course I'd be begging for help. But, I don't, so I'm not...For Haiti. I am begging for help here though.

100,00 dead sucks, but the country has known nothing but death and sadness. Look at the number of homeless we have here, or the number dying from starvation, and the number without health insurance, who most likely will die, because they can't afford to see a doctor.

And your government is doing something about that with the healthcare reform act. It isn't a case of one thing but not the other. Governments have disaster budgets, which this would have come from. This $100 million would have been not spent at all if it didn't go to Haiti, it isn't being diverted away from anything.

Haiti has it's problems, and we have ours. Until we even start to fix what's going on at home, FUCK HAITI.

Haiti's problems are a matter of life and death. If you ignore it now, not only will you end up with a much worse humanitarian crisis in the future, you will end up with a massive immigration problem too. There is no way that the money that has gone to Haiti would make the slightest bit of difference to America's problems.

How many countries sent aid to help find bodies at Ground Zero? Where was all the help when New Orleans was under water? Where was the statement by anyone when Ft. Hood was attacked from within?

I sincerely hope this is a joke. Do you know how much international aid was given to the US for Katrina? Billions. Qatar alone gave $100 million. Most developed countries sent hundreds of search and rescue workers. The Fort Hood incident was widely condemened by everyone. Seriously, just because your media is too fucking proud to tell you that your taking millions of dollars off India because your own government is leaving New Orleans to the dogs, don't assume aid isn't there.
A car bomb goes off in Sudan, and within minutes, there's a press conference from the President, saying our thoughts are with them, and blah blah blah...The same thing happens here, and you barely hear a peep out of someone.

Yeah, it's not as if 41 countries went to war because of a terrorist attack that happened to your country is it? There are almost as many Europeans in Afghanistan as there are Americans. There is a higher proportion of the British population in Afghanistan than there is of the American population, all because someone attacked you not us.

Don't you dare accuse the world of forgetting America when there are 18 year old boys from the UK, Canada, France, Germany etc. coming back in coffins because they are there reacting to a terrorist attack on your country.

Until people wake up and realize we're that friend that's being used for our resources, there is no need for us to continuously help countries that sit idly by as we fall apart.

Haiti do nothing because they can't. There are 41 countries with men in Afghanistan, and 5 waiting to send some there all to help you to avenge something that happened to you. There were 63 countries that offered aid after Katrina, including some of the poorest countries in the world in Equatorial Guinea and Bangladesh.

Exactly.

:blink: I can find a video of the planes crashing in to the towers, if you really need it. Or a video of a family getting swept away by the water in New Orleans. It's all on YouTube.

Ignoring the fact that the guy was clearly talking about the fact that the USA is rich enough to deal with its problems, we have still clearly established that this lack of support is a figment of your imagination. If Djibouti and Gabon can find money for you, then I think you can find support for equally poor countries.
152453473_b9be4bb5fa.jpg

I'll leave it at that.

Right, and this $100 million is going to leave the first five figures unchanged, assuming that it would otherwise be used to pay off the debt, which it wasn't.
There was no internal help. Look at what happened with Katrina. That was a disaster from before the hurricane even hit.

Blame Bush for that. The rest of the world was happy to help. There was a lot of aid turned away, in addition to the aid given that I have already talked about.
There was internal help for Ground Zero, but tell me you weren't expecting anyone to send some help. Even 100 volunteers. Something. There was nothing.

Was the 50,000 sent to Afghanistan not enough for you? Where were the American aid workers sent for the Madrid bombings? Where were they when the bombs went off on the tube? Where were they for the 30 years of IRA bombing? Not there, because it's not the same thing.

The response to a terrorist attack is not the same as the response to a natural disaster. A terrorist attack is one building, and by the time that the search and rescue workers get to a terrorist attack, local ones would have done most of what could be done. The scope of a natural disaster is much bigger, and a much bigger problem. There were foreign teams helping with the clear up of 9/11, but by then it wasn't really that much any more.

:lmao: You, and you alone.

We can claim to be anything we want. That doesn't make it a fact. Our dollar is almost worthless, we have no idea of when our economy will turn itself around, or if it will, and the country is falling apart from within. We have record numbers of unemployed, so we send our jobs to other countries.

So the last thing you can afford is a million Haitian refugees turning up in Florida then, right? Because that is the alternative.
We also have this nasty habit of meddling in other people's shit. Remember where it got us in Somalia? Did we learn our lesson? No. In fact, we made the same mistake. Twice. Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'll admit they were problems that needed to be handled, but not the way we did it.

It really isn't the same as going to war though is it. The amount paid to Haiti is spent in 4 hours in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Let me know when this makes sense. Let's take it small scale. You have a friend that constantly asks for money, food, a place to sleep. You provide it, being a good friend. Then what happens the day you're on the highway with a flat tire? Or the day you lose your job and need some food?

Where's that friend then?

That friend is still poor and can't afford to help you. Your rich friend Europe helps you all the time. Your poor friend Bangladesh, who deals with catastrophic flooding every single year gives you money. You entire argument is based on a complete fallacy that America never gets any help when it is in need, when in fact it does. You say your in debt, but where do you think that money comes from? That's right, other countries. Seriously think about it, please.

Fuck France, too. They decided they weren't going to help us a long time ago.

No, they decided there was no justification for going into Iraq. I'm sure the families of the French soldiers killed in Afghanistan wouldn't appreciate that. When your government let the people of New Orleans to drown, it was French tents that they sought shelter in. But whatever, they didn't believe that Iraq had WMDs, so they're the route of all evil.

You can see where he's coming from, but he said it in a horrible way. He's an (alledgedly) an entertainer though, so that may have been his motive behind this. Or he's just a moron.

The way I see it, helping Haiti is definetly the right thing to do. Sure, we may have a large national debt (does it really even matter at this point?), but we still have some of the most resources and best off countries in the world. There is some poverty and hardship, but nothing comparable to what's going on down there.

Would you rather spend a comparably small amount of money to help other human beings who are on the brink of death, or are you going to say we can't do that because our country has so many "huge" problems.

I can see both sides. Actually, usually I argue the side NSL is arguing very strongly; our conuntry is fucked up enough, we need to be able to support that first. However, then you look at it as a human. NSL, that picture you posted showing the 'National debt' - it's just numbers. That's all I look at that board as meaning at the moment. Of course, you can't forget it completely, but I'd much rather help save some and better lives, than the Government use it on some pointless cause, which is where a lot of money goes if you look at it.

NSL, you raise very good, un-emotional points that I've repped you for. But in a case like this, I think emotions should come into play at least a little.

I see where Bubba is coming from and I kind of agree with what he’s trying to say. I just don’t like the way he went about saying it. Yes, we should be more worried about what’s going in our country first but at the same time, we can’t just ignore Haiti. They NEED all of the help they can possibly get. And some would even say that as one of the world’s leading countries, it’s our duty to lend a helping hand.

As far as the national debt thing, yes, we do have a huge national debt and all, but who honestly gives a fuck what it is anymore? People just know that we owe a lot of money, not how much. So giving Haiti a 100mill isn’t really going to make a huge difference in our national debt because we are going to owe a ton of money either ways.

And before I finish this post, I do want to point out something NSL said. About the Ground Zero thing, I too hope that was a joke. At the time, America was in great shape. We were, and still are, a Superpower. We had the financial resources to go out and search for the bodies ourselves so it’s not like we really needed a ton of help there. We were/are a big country with a lot of money and power. Haiti is a small, pour country with not as much power. I hope you see what I’m trying to tell you.

I see where he is coming from and what he’s trying to say and I kind of agree with him, but I don’t fully agree with him and next time he says something, maybe he should think about what he’s going to say and how he’s going to say it before actually saying it.

America has come a long way from remaining neutral. It's now doing the exact opposite; intervening and helping out other countries....not to mention destroying other countries (Iraq and Afghanistan come to mind)...besides, we have our own interests in Haiti....

While we may have problems, this is a fucked up thing to say. What I don't understand is Don Imus made a remark about the Rutgers womens basketball team, calling them "Nappy-headed hoes", and he gets fired. Bubba isn't gonna be in nearly as much trouble, and he said something completely disgusting. Over 100,000 people are dead, and there is no food or water for these people. Fuck Bubba. What a fucking piece of shit.

1. Bubba won't get in trouble because he owns his show. There is no one to fire him. Sirius could kick him off the air, but they pride themselves on the freedom they provide for their shows, so that won't happen.

2. We do have our own problems, but it's at least three years before any of them are going to be addressed. I say that with confidence because our dumbass leaders are trying to ram national healthcare down out throats, against the will of the people, instead of finding a way to drop unemployment below 10%.

3. This administration will never overlook an opportunity to look thoughtful without actually doing anything. Obama and Rahm are opportunists, and they lick their chops over opportunities like this where they can look compassionate and worldly. Obama still thinks he is in a popularity contest in Europe, so instead of doing any actual leading in America, he will appeal to the French.

4. Bubba can say whatever the fuck he wants. We have been trying to help Haiti for years, but they continually reject our aid, so yeah, fuck em. The gangs and warlords will steal all the aid we give them anyway. We have the choice between doing nothing and watching people die or feeding thugs and watching people die. Give me the $100,000,000. At least some of that will benefit someone.

Canada provided aid in the form of rescuing stranded planes that had to land quickly, such as Gander, Newfoundland, where many planes in the middle of the Atlantic landed. They families of the small town also fed those people and sheltered them for a while. Canada also provided aid in the forum of rescue equipment, personelle, and other goods. Many nations provided intelligence after the war, and joined the United States in a war in Afghanistan.

As for New Orleans, I believe Canada sent approximately $100,000,000 for the people of the city. I also heard a report about Fidel Castro offering but being denied the services of 1000 medical professionals.

Ft. Hood does not belong in the same mentioning of massive disasters, so I don't know how much aid was sent.

But besides that, onto the main point, the United States is the richest nation on earth. The compared GDP of Haiti is 2%. That means that the average Haitian lives on 2%. It has been a country hit by massive hurricanes 4 times this decade. They have received very little foreign aid, one of the major reasoning being is a crippling civil war, that is still ongoing. No aid was given to the starving there because of the war, because there is no benefit to helping the Haitians.

I think it is low to compare the situation in America to that of Haiti. United States, and other countries have always been a helper of nations in need in the past 50 years. It should not end because of a slight downturn in economy. America has problems, Canada has problems, but are they problems of lack of funds for the people? Or is it governmental control. Hate to speculate on that, but if America can invade Iraq, and spend billions over there, then what do you think? Is $1B to Haiti such a bad thing, if the United States spends that a day in a country that was relatively decent?

Haiti needs help of 100,000s will die, to ad to the 150,000 who died just because of this one earthquake.

3. This administration will never overlook an opportunity to look thoughtful without actually doing anything. Obama and Rahm are opportunists, and they lick their chops over opportunities like this where they can look compassionate and worldly. Obama still thinks he is in a popularity contest in Europe, so instead of doing any actual leading in America, he will appeal to the French.

Yes, because Obama is the only American leader that has ever given aid, and the only world leader who has in this instance isn't he? Oh, no. America's contribution has received no media attention anywhere else in the world, because nobody cares. If Obama's move is a publicity stunt, it's a fucking shit one. Funnily enough, people care more about the people dying in Haiti.

4. Bubba can say whatever the fuck he wants. We have been trying to help Haiti for years, but they continually reject our aid, so yeah, fuck em. The gangs and warlords will steal all the aid we give them anyway. We have the choice between doing nothing and watching people die or feeding thugs and watching people die. Give me the $100,000,000. At least some of that will benefit someone.

You've been trying to give them aid and they've turned it down? Your going to need a source for that. I think the only thing that Haiti objected to is when you sent in peacekeepers. They refused Mexican food when Swine Flu broke out, for obvious reasons, but you are going to have to prove that they have turned down American aid please.

Of course, the humanitarian aid goes directly to the gangs, of course it did. There's one called The Red Crosses or something. And they, what they do right, they take money, and then they just, they just give it to the people who need it. Facaetiousness aside, it's true that a lot of direct aid to corrupt countries goes down the shitter, I'm not going to deny that, but this is disaster relief aid handled by international organisations.

Wow, good to know people have lost sight of what's important. Honestly, that $100 mil that we're putting towards helping Haiti is a drop of water in a god damn lake to us. Look at the money being put towards the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. We're talking billions upon billions of dollars here, not millions, billions. We're putting a mere 10% of a billion dollars towards humanitarian relief efforts for people affected by a natural disaster, not a terrorist attack or something they brought upon themselves, a fucking 7.0 magnitude earthquake. They have no way of helping themselves, their hospitals were poorly equipped as it was and since they got demolished in the earthquake, what the fuck do you think is gonna happen? They didn't have the ability to handle the medical need when their hospitals were standing, how do you think they'd be able to handle it on their own without their buildings and loss of equipment?

The lack of human compassion in this thread is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. You want to hold on to $100 million which none of us would ever fucking see in our lifetimes anyways and watch the death toll reach over 100,000 because we'd rather skimp on $100 million dollars to help a country 50 miles away from us? And then you want to bring up 9/11, the amount of compassion and heartfelt condolences other countries showed us after that tragic incident, and the support other countries showed us when it came to Katrina, and now when it's our turn to help someone else, we're supposed to turn our back on a country that has no ability to help itself? Really people? Does it make you feel better that you'd rather sit back and watch human life pass away simply because you'd rather worry about problems like how to afford health care or the deficit which will go on for as long as there is such a thing as the United States and/or currency? When that money is put towards saving lives, it has an immediate impact rather than hopefully storing money away that will probably be thrown at another war or something else that's not needed. This aid is needed and the fact that a good majority of people are sitting here saying "Fuck helping them" is alarming to me and honestly pisses me off.

It's MLK day today, a couple of his messages were these:

Martin Luther King Jr. said:
An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.

* This call for a worldwide fellowship that lifts neighborly concern beyond one's tribe, race, class, and nation is in reality a call for an all-embracing and unconditional love for all mankind. This oft misunderstood, this oft misinterpreted concept, so readily dismissed by the Nietzsches of the world as a weak and cowardly force, has now become an absolute necessity for the survival of man. When I speak of love I am not speaking of some sentimental and weak response. I am not speaking of that force which is just emotional bosh. I am speaking of that force which all of the great religions have seen as the supreme unifying principle of life. Love is somehow the key that unlocks the door which leads to ultimate reality.

Contemplate on those messages for me, and just think about how greedy it sounds to say we shouldn't help those in need.

Yes, because Obama is the only American leader that has ever given aid, and the only world leader who has in this instance isn't he? Oh, no. America's contribution has received no media attention anywhere else in the world, because nobody cares. If Obama's move is a publicity stunt, it's a fucking shit one. Funnily enough, people care more about the people dying in Haiti.

He is looking for any distraction from his failing agenda that he can find. I'm not saying that he didn't give from the kindness of his heart. I'm just saying that I think he is a cold political operative who isn't upset that these things happen. I would say the same about Karl Rove.

You've been trying to give them aid and they've turned it down? Your going to need a source for that. I think the only thing that Haiti objected to is when you sent in peacekeepers. They refused Mexican food when Swine Flu broke out, for obvious reasons, but you are going to have to prove that they have turned down American aid please.

Of course, the humanitarian aid goes directly to the gangs, of course it did. There's one called The Red Crosses or something. And they, what they do right, they take money, and then they just, they just give it to the people who need it. Facaetiousness aside, it's true that a lot of direct aid to corrupt countries goes down the shitter, I'm not going to deny that, but this is disaster relief aid handled by international organisations.

Yes, I am talking about the peacekeepers. God forbid we go in and prevent people from killing each other. We went in and tried to ensure that the people could elect their leader, that the people could determine their future instead of warlords, and then they reject the leadership in favor of chaos.

And, I am all for the Red Cross, or even the Bush/Clinton organization aiding the people. My problem is that we never know where our tax dollars go when we fund problems in other countries, and we usually fail at handing out rice, Rwanda and Somalia, so why put people's lives in danger for people who seem to thrive on chaos?

I think we should help them, I do. But, I also think that entire nation has no interest in helping themselves, so I am wondering what good we are actually doing over there. Say what you want about the Iraqi war, but that nation wanted to rid themselves of a hateful dictator, that nation found an army to stand up and protect it's people. Haiti will not be doing any of that for the foreseeable future.

Firstly, it's easy to spend someone else's money.

It's easy to grab money from some person's pocket and then give it to charity. And when that person you just stole it from gets mad, you can act all morally righteous and be like "how dare you not want to be compassionate!"

It's easy to look at the national debt and say "that's mindboggling, so I'm just gonna say it means nothing...". But you can say that all you want and it doesn't change the fact that the national debt is ruining the economy day by day.

This is not as cut and dry as some of you seem to believe. Millions and millions may not mean much to you, but money doesn't just pop up out of thin air.

Also, justifying helping Haiti by appealing to our spending in the middle eastern wars isn't sound. Because spending all that money in the middle east is a waste of money.

America doesn't have to do anything for anyone. It's not obligated. It can if it wants (if the people decide they want to), but just because you can spend someone else's money and give it to charity doesn't make you a saint either.

ok first of all i really disagree with you guys. you're comparing 9/11, we're we lost 4,000 people to an earthquake in the poorest country on the western hempisphere that has taken 50,000 to 100,000 lives and counting?

Unless your a native american, USA is a land of immigrants, and that is the entire point of the usa. where those from horrible lands can come here and make a life for themselves. USa also has a huge haitian population. So what should america do? ignore them? haiti is so close to america it could damn near be a 53rd state

Our issues in america are nooooooothing compared to the issues in haiti. The poor in america live better then an average hatien. We are a rich and sometimes spoiled country, and all haiti really needs is food and help. it's not like we're losing lives in haiti like we are in afghan, all we are doing is helping fellow human biengs by giving them water and food.

Bubba the love sponge is a supreme idiot and i hope kong broke his jaw.

Bubba the love sponge is a supreme idiot and i hope kong broke his jaw.

What I've read is that she beat the shit out of Bubba the love sponge. Punched him in the face multiple times from the looks of it, among other things.

Hey, people say all kinds of nasty things all the time but that doesn't mean you should beat them up for it. Otherwise all there would be would be street fights going on 24/7 because of everyone getting pissed about every little thing.

This is real life, this isn't a wrestling show.

She was not justified in hurting the man no matter how nasty she thinks his comments may be.

What if someone beat you up for having an unpopular opinion?

Not so much unpopular but inhumane.

Different people are going to look at it a bunch of different ways. Some will agree with what he said, some will disagree. Doesn't change the fact that you don't knock out a man for having an opinion.

Or is it "humane" to punch anyone who disagrees with you?

He is looking for any distraction from his failing agenda that he can find. I'm not saying that he didn't give from the kindness of his heart. I'm just saying that I think he is a cold political operative who isn't upset that these things happen. I would say the same about Karl Rove.

Yes, I am talking about the peacekeepers. God forbid we go in and prevent people from killing each other. We went in and tried to ensure that the people could elect their leader, that the people could determine their future instead of warlords, and then they reject the leadership in favor of chaos.

And, I am all for the Red Cross, or even the Bush/Clinton organization aiding the people. My problem is that we never know where our tax dollars go when we fund problems in other countries, and we usually fail at handing out rice, Rwanda and Somalia, so why put people's lives in danger for people who seem to thrive on chaos?

I think we should help them, I do. But, I also think that entire nation has no interest in helping themselves, so I am wondering what good we are actually doing over there. Say what you want about the Iraqi war, but that nation wanted to rid themselves of a hateful dictator, that nation found an army to stand up and protect it's people. Haiti will not be doing any of that for the foreseeable future.

If they wanted to rid themselves of a hateful dictator they would've. Most that wanted a better life left years ago, there's actually a huge Iraqi population in Toronto and the sentiment among quite a few of them was really a sigh and an oh well. Their feeling was their countrymen went from being pawns of Saddam to pawns of the United States oh ya that and it sent the country into turmoil and laid the foundations for a terrorist hotbed.

Anyways, as for the topic in hand. There is something to be said for tact. It's not that what Bubba said isn't valid, it's in the manner in which he conveyed his feelings that is truly vile and disgusting. Have some compassion man.

Different people are going to look at it a bunch of different ways. Some will agree with what he said, some will disagree. Doesn't change the fact that you don't knock out a man for having an opinion.

Or is it "humane" to punch anyone who disagrees with you?

Its humane to rid pieces of shit that don't care about anyone but themselves and their country. What if the French said Fuck America during the American Revolution? You don't go around saying stuff like Bubba said without consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back