What happens to brodus clay?

• Main Eventer

• Mid Card

• Jobber

• Future Endeavored

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reddog1146

Beating the odds since 1993
Yesterday, we saw Alberto del rio get drafted to raw and brodus asked him nwhat about me and i thought he made a great point. So what do you think will happen to him later on as smackdown goes on. Will he be a main eventer, mid carder, jobber, or be future endeavored? Thoughts on brodus clay's future in WWE?

i actually think some how del rio will take clay with him

but if he carnt i see clay becoming a monster for a couple of months then gets pushed to the back
and barely ever see him on tv

unless wwe decideds to make him join the corre or join a new stable

i think clay has got potential but not to be a maineventer i see him in a role like chris masters

the best thing that happens to clay could be if he becomes like big show as a unstoppable monster but will not achieve a lot

I still think he could be moved over in the Draft today. If he isn't I would be surprised. THey had a good thing going especially with the talk of Del Rio vs Cena in the future. Clay adds a nice buffer between the two. WWE likes to play Cena up as a superman type character so having him take on Del Rio with Ricardo and Clay in his corner makes him seem more like superman

del rio does not need 2 people in his corner, clay will be a big success in the wwe if he is used right and covers up the jelly on the inside of his legs

For what is worth, I do think Clay is better in his role than Del Rio is in Del Rio's role.

Clay is interesting because he is a fat man who embraces his fat man-ness. I don't think he has the versatility of the other fat men who embraces their fat man-ness (Mark Henry, Husky), I think Clay could be a really fun guy to watch. He can also help other guys learn how to work around a big man. He isn't the most polished guy, but how can anyone hate someone who punches someone's man boobs?

Clay can definitely be a big star, and I think at the very least he will be given the opportunity to become one. I wouldn't be surprised if they took him off TV for a short while to reassess the character, though. I like Clay a lot, and if they can bring out the same fire in him that he had when he cut his last promo on NXT, they definitely have a star on their hands.

Clay showed me a lot on NXT. He plays a perfect, badass, monster heel. He has an intimidating look. He managed to get some great heat on NXT, which is hard to do because nobody cares about the show. You can see he has charisma, his in ring skills aren't half bad for a big man, and his mic skills are actually pretty good. If you haven't seen his NXT elimination promo, you need to see it.

[YOUTUBE]ua0_z9s6vQE[/YOUTUBE]

I think he did a fine job as Del Rio's lackey, and he got some pretty good exposure during that time. If WWE cares enough to invest some time into this dude, he can dominate the mid card scene on smackdown before he eventually reaches main event status, which I think he is perfectly capable of doing. He seems to have a lot of things that Vince likes.

Clay: "Hey what about me?"
Del Rio had his back to him. Clay doesn't do much for me. I get that he's big on some people, and it's great, every star needs some place to go from. My main problem is that he's just another heel, and without a guy like Del Rio to bust ass for, he's going to get lost in the shuffle. You COULD make it work by having Del Rio tell him off, and he'd turn face. I'm sure he'll be fine as a face. He could talk about working night clubs as a bouncer and whatnot.

Being one of the few who watched season 4 of NXT, i have a soft spot for Brodus Clay. He was awesome on the show and i felt like he was the one who deserved to win. I would really love it if he could get established in the mid-card and pick up a title or two and then make his way into the main event scene. The guy could be the next Big Show if given the proper direction.

Big Brodus Clay has great huge things in his future. Look for him to eventually fill the role of Bigshow. But for the moment he might flounder, I look for him to have a good run on the midcard scene. But I'm not sure with both show and henry around that he is ready for that big man heel option right now.

If Brodus keeps with the WWE and keeps in good health, he will go to the moon and back. He has the mic skills, the charisma, and the size that vince loves. He has nothing but a great future ahead of him.

The only thing I would change about Broudus, have him slim down a bit. Losing weight will help him be faster in the ring, but it's not a huge thing.

I can see Big Brodus Clay quickly becoming a credible mid carder. He can cut a good promo and for a big man he moves well in the ring. Like Uncle Phatso said, Brodus could do with a little trimming and possibly do some extra work in the gym and tone up a bit. He's puppy fat just doesn't make him look as dominant as he could look, but yeah it's nothing major.

What do you mean now what? Uh, being awesome?

Has everything a guy like him needs, look, mic skills. Barely has to do a thing in the ring, so there is no reason at all he shouldnt be a major player as a monster heel on the show. I bet he works a program with Kane at some point in the near future.

Things are as bright as ever for him. Definately could see him as an enforcer for either Ted Dibiase or Tyson Kidd as well.

I don't think Brodus will be around for long. He only got onto the main roster out of being Del Rio's rookie on NXT. Without Del Rio he goes from being an enforcer to just another random boring big guy. He has yet to impress me. I think they will at least push him to feud with random midcarders before eventually getting fed to a face and then probably future endeavoured because there is nothing that sets him apart from other random boring big guys.

Only he began as TDJ's lackey, but because TDJ constantly floundered he switched up, so he is obviously showing people something. How has he yet to impress you confuses me. He has size, is getting in better shape, can work in the ring, and with or without a mic he stands out. I can't even make an argument against his upside.

Well, at first when I saw Brodus on NXT I thought "uuuggh, what? Who the heck is this guy?" (That said, I thought the same about Dolph Ziggler and the Miz). But he did actually change my opinion by the end of that first episode. Let's have a look:

His look is unique - he mixes old school singlet kind of stuff with that mohawk. However, his look is also quite alternative. Funnily enough I think his attire suggests a Japanese style big guy rather than an American big guy. Don't know why. Maybe it's the singlet.

He's a big man/monster style wrestler, but not atypical - There's something very genuine about the early promo stuff Brodus did on NXT. His characterisation is subtle but interesting - he's just like people like the Miz and Jeff Hardy - kids who dream of being "the WWE Superstar" - but he believes that to achieve this he has to be a big badass monster.

Can work pretty well in the ring for someone his size - He's improving, and he's surprisingly "fast" as well. Has endeavored to lose a lot of weight for his job and was commended for it.

Mic skills - Maybe it's still too early to tell, but I like what I've seen (heard?) so far. He's got a new spin on the "monster heel" and he sure beats the hell out of Eli Cottonwood.

So yeah, I like Brodus, and while I'm not expecting a huge amount of stuff to come his way, I'd like to see him stick around. I'd definitely rather have him on the roster over the clones of each other that were Snitsky, Tomko and Bam Neely (who?)

I would really like to see him and Cole working together, using cole as his manager and make Clay a type of heel character like King Kong Bundy, Yokozuna, or even the late great Earthquake. Let him squash as many people in his way to make a point that his is still here and want recognition, with Cole saying he has best big man around. Even let him hurt(kayfabe of course) one of the biggest faces on Smackdown like Orton or Christian and take them off of the show for awhile to build him up more. Have this go on for like 2 months of his domination then bring Orton or Christian back for revenge when Cole is pronouncing that he has dominated everyone there is and kick off a feud for awhile. I think something like this will help him out even more. I could be wrong but it might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back