Brock Lesnar's Best Match Ever!!

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
He only wrestled for 4 years.. but no doubt he had some great matches with some great wrestlers, came in and straight away won the King of the Ring and stormed to the main event and winning the WWE Championship belt within 6 months of his debut..

What Would you Say was 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar's Best match ever!!

I would have to sayy... SummerSlam 2002 vs The Rock for the then Undisputed Championship.. His first title win and it was the big one.. This was IMO the match of his I enjoyed the most.. This cemented his place as 'The Next Big Thing' in the WWE.. and he defeated the great one as well..

He had many other good matches..
Honourable Mention
No Mercy 2002 vs The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match
WrestleMania XIX vs Kurt Angle (Even with the botch)
SmackDown! Sept 16, 2003 vs Kurt Angle in a 60 min Iron Man match
No Way Out 2004 vs Eddie Guerrero

So what would you say was his best match ever???

iron man match. definately.

the angle\lesnar rivalry was a standout for me. two fantastic technicians, great speed & ability. over his other battles with angle, you could see a 'big' match on the horizon & the iron man match diddnt dissappoint. goes down in history as one of the best ever on smackdown & it was well worth it.

angle showed despite his size, lesnar was human. but regardless of kurt finding holes in his attack, lesnar punished angle. it was very evenly matched & came down to the last few seconds. angle had the ankle lock applied, but brock wouldnt tap & held on to his 5-4 lead.

simply a fantastic match & very closely edges out the HIAC vs taker.

I agree that his best match was with Kurt Angle, but, personally, I think it was at the Summerslam, where Kurt made Brock tap....the Iron Man match was very good, I just think that the Summerslam match was a little better.

My honorable mention would have to be, his match against Eddie Guerrero...to be honest, that match was way, way, way better than i thought it was going to be

I'm very torn between two matches. They're not only my favorite Lesnar matches, but my two favorite matches of all time.

Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Championship
Brock had demolished anyone in his path and was recently is an amazing feud with Kurt Angle at the time. This match was quickly and randomly formed, it seemed as if they threw Eddie in there to hold Brock Lesnar until Wrestlemania. Eddie had never been champion, this was his first Championship match. So I thought there was no chance of him winning. I thought Eddie would put on a good showing, and hopefully the WWE would launch him into the title picture within the coming months. However, Eddie won. Eddie was no doubt, made to look like the weaker opponent here. Brock was quicker, stronger, more agile, and a more well rounded atelete than Eddie Guerrero which is very hard to believe. Brock dominated the beginning of the match. Eddie would take out Brock's knees to even the match out. A near fall after near fall Eddie couldn't pull it off. Goldberg run in and a few minutes later, new champion. A Very emotional match for any Guerrero fan. All the Eddie signs in attendence and the crowd jumping to their feet when the ref slowly counted three, an amazing moment in WWE history. Brock did a fantastic job of putting over a great mid carder here. He took someone smaller and weaker than him, and made them look like they were dominant. Brock held up his part of the match, Eddie did the same. Great match from both competitors.

Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle Iron Man
God this match had everything you could ever hope for. Two former all american wrestlers who could really make anyone look good. They traded roles between heel and face all throughout their rivalry. Brock had won some and Kurt had won some. They were pretty much equal in terms of wins over the other. This match was a perfect way to settle the score. Whoever would win this match, deserved to win this match. Best thing about it, the match was on Smackdown. A Wrestlemania quality match on free tv for the world to see. It gave both Brock and Kurt equal opportunity to showcase their phenomenal talent. The closing of the match was the best. Brock had one up on Kurt Angle, and Angle locks in the Ankle lock in the closing minutes. Everyone anticipated a tap from Lesnar to even the score but that didn't happen. A new Champion was crowned on Smackdown. A tremendous match from two tremendous wrestlers.

If I had to pick one, I guess it would the the Iron Man match, but who knows, tomorrow I might switch my choice to the No Way Out 2004 Championship match. Whatever, they're both phenomenal matches.

Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle was my favourite rivalry of all time, backed up with a series of classic traditional wrestling matches.

My personal favourite (just) was WMXIX, epic match... their first encounter. A classic mix of mat wrestling, particularly early on, which evolved into strong wrestling moves, suplexes, counters etc. Finish was botched yes, but in reality it added a realness to the match. You don't always hit moves smoothly, that raw element added to the match.

My second favourite match was Summerslam where Brock first tapped out.

The iron man match was good, but I found it to be far too predictable.

I absolutely loved the Hell in a Cell match with Undertaker, but Heyman's screaming killed it a tad for me.

Another match I liked was the 5 on 5 elimination survivor series match, but you cant count that one.

Two stand out for me:

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell, No Mercy 2002)
Rock may have passed the torch to Brock but this was the match that cemented him as the man. Not many people beat Taker clean but Brock is one of them, and the finish as he reversed the Tombstone and powered the bloodied Taker into the F5 with an awesome feat of strength and technique, had me in awe, him standing on top of the cell with the belt over his head seemed to be the moment were a new legend was born, I would also class this as the last great Hell in a Cell match.

Brock Lesnar vs Chris Benoit (Smackdown 4.12.03)
One of the most physically intense matches of the decade and the foreshadowing of Benoit's push to the big one. The match had everything, intense brawling, technical wrestling and submission exchanges, it was a shame these two never met on PPV.

I can't pick between two, both of which I enjoyed. And are two of my favourite matches.

Brock Lesnar vs The Rock (SummerSlam 2002)
The reason I love this match is not only for the fact it is Brock first WWE Championship win. But the fans switched to his side about half way into this match. You could hear the fans turn on Rock in this match, and get behind Brock. This win made sure that people knew that Brock Lesnar was the "Next Big Thing".

Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle (Smackdown: Iron Man Match)
This is my favourite Smackdown match I have seen. It had a great story going into it, and they could both wrestle. It was a match which was dominated by Brock, and had Angle fighting back with 10 minutes left on the clock. The ending also made it fantastic, having Lesnar in the ankle lock with something like 10 seconds left. He held on, and it was a very cool moment. Angle and Lesnar put on a great match, and it has to be one of his best.

If only I had better memory or paid more attention! The only ones that stand out to me were Angle/Lesnar at WrestleMania and Goldberg/Lesnar at WrestleMania. Obviously the former is the better of the two. Not that it matters if Lesnar and Goldberg put on the best match of either of their careers they still would have been boo'd out of the stadium. I wonder what Lesnar would say (or has said) his favorite WWE match was.

Lesnar vs. Angle, any of their matches. Ever. They were absolutely perfection. Every single time. They were wrestling machines anyways, and it was strength vs. speed. The definitive match up for any technical wrestling fan. They both had previous amateur wrestling experience. Brock being a multiple NCAA wrestling champion, Angle winning a gold medal at the 1996 Olympics. I loved their matches. I think the Iron Man match between the two had to be the best, simply because they wrestled for so long and it really cemented them as the best pure wrestlers in the company.

Two stand out for me:

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell, No Mercy 2002)
Rock may have passed the torch to Brock but this was the match that cemented him as the man. Not many people beat Taker clean but Brock is one of them, and the finish as he reversed the Tombstone and powered the bloodied Taker into the F5 with an awesome feat of strength and technique, had me in awe, him standing on top of the cell with the belt over his head seemed to be the moment were a new legend was born, I would also class this as the last great Hell in a Cell match.

Well said, I agree. It is definitely the last great HIAC match, truly brutal and I also loved the ending with Brock holding the belt up on top of the cage. With the ban on blood in the WWE right now, it seems likely that we will not see another match quite like this for a very long time. Lesnar looked like a megastar in this one, its a shame he didnt stick around for too long afterwards, he could have been the next face of the company for a decade. He had it all/

His match with Eddie Guerrero at No Way Out was tremendous, but it was more about Eddie Guerrero and his first big moment.

I think that Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania XIX was Lesnar's best match ever. Forget the SSP botch, that match proved that Lesnar can hang out with the best and remember, Kurt Angle wrestled injured that night, so Brock with so much pressure was very careful with him and that is saying a lot.

The HIAC match was a good one I mean he destroyed the Undertaker in that one at least what I remember of it. And yeah like someone before said having Paul E screaming the whole time did kinda take away from it.

Another great moment was when he superplexed Big Show on Smackdown and collapsed the ring not necessarily a great match but a great moment.

Lesnar was awesome in WWE but I think he made the right choice going to UFC though.

I do however miss him humiliating Zach Gowen week in and week out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back