Brock Lesnar VS Hideo Itami: Should it happen?

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
Hideo Itami is an international sensation. If WWE sees Itami as a cornerstone star, why halt his push? A match with Brock Lesnar would put him on the map early.

It wouldn't have to be a title match. The purpose would be to present Itami as a competitor that could defeat any opponent on any given day. Taking a leap early on makes sense for some wrestlers, especially those with Itami's resume.

Do you think WWE should use one of their few Lesnar matches on Itami?

Dude...this is flat out idiotic on all levels

1. I would say 80% of wwe fans dont know who he even is

2. Brock Lesnar ended the streak and squashed Cena, so why the hell would a guy that has wrestled in NXT like twice be able to realistic put up a fight with Lesnar

This is such a crazy suggestion that I dont even think I need to say anything else.

It would basically never happen, but god yes it would be cool if we actually have Kenta taking down Lesnar.

I already totally marked out when he took down the ascension on his NXT debut.

Too soon

When Itami is called up to the main roster is anyone's guess - though I have a feeling the network's international expansion may see him and Devitt fast-tracked (and I'm ok with that) BUT no one knows how long Lesnar is around for. He certainly won't drop to mid-card feuds and Itami won't be rushed to the main event scene.

Pipe dreams I'm afraid

I know a lot of people are excited about KENTA signing with WWE but the simple fact of the matter is that probably about 75 to 90% of the audience have absolutely no idea who he is. I've no doubt the guy's talented inside the ring, I've seen some of his old matches on YouTube, and that's never a bad thing. However, at the end of the day, he's someone that's all but a complete unknown to your average American wrestling fan. I'm sure that a number of fans who aren't familiar with him looked him up online when it came out that he'd signed with WWE, but that's just to find out the basics about the guy.

KENTA has a well deserved reputation in Japan and among some hardcore internet fans but this isn't Japan and the vast majority of pro wrestling's audience isn't made up of hardcore internet fans. It'll take time for the majority to find out and see what Hideo Itami brings to the table, which means it's much too soon to be thinking about a match with Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar's one of the biggest stars in wrestling of the past 15 years, he's an even bigger star now than he was 12 years ago, and he's well known by average fans, hardcore fans, MMA fans who hate wrestling, MMA fans who love wrestling, Japanese audiences and just about everyone else in between. Compared to Lesnar, Itami in the eyes of the vast majority of fans, outside of hardcore internet fans and Japanese fans, he's a nobody and there's no money to be made in Lesnar taking on a nobody.

I've been watching wrestling for twenty years and I've never seen a Kenta match.

Brock is the 1 in 21-1 and has dominated Cena and is the champion.

And you want a guy who isn't on the main roster to get demolished by Lesnar?

Because he'll get demolished.

Because he has to.

At first I thought, no effing way, but thinking it over, why not. Lesnar was brought in as a hired gun, and by all intents and purposes Kenta kicks like a mule. A couple of well placed kicks would bring Lesnar down to his knees.

Some seem to think that Daniel Bryan would be a match for Lesnar, I think Kenta is not only faster than Bryan, but he's an unknown commodity in the WWE right now. I'm not saying Kenta should win, but it will show that Lwsnar isn't the unstoppable force he's being made out to be.

If it plays out that the Authority wants the belt off Lesnar then have Kenta come out, kick the crap out of him, and then have Rollins cash in. Rollins won't nearly be the force that Lesnar is, especially if they want to give the belt to Reigns at Mania. And I would rather see a 3 way Shield match at Mania than Lesnar against anyone, cause we know he's leaving right after that and probably won't be back.

It would be one hell of a debut for Kenta, if they decide to go that way. Just a thought, keep in mind I haven't had my coffee yet.

I know a lot of people are excited about KENTA signing with WWE but the simple fact of the matter is that probably about 75 to 90% of the audience have absolutely no idea who he is. I've no doubt the guy's talented inside the ring, I've seen some of his old matches on YouTube, and that's never a bad thing. However, at the end of the day, he's someone that's all but a complete unknown to your average American wrestling fan. I'm sure that a number of fans who aren't familiar with him looked him up online when it came out that he'd signed with WWE, but that's just to find out the basics about the guy.

KENTA has a well deserved reputation in Japan and among some hardcore internet fans but this isn't Japan and the vast majority of pro wrestling's audience isn't made up of hardcore internet fans. It'll take time for the majority to find out and see what Hideo Itami brings to the table, which means it's much too soon to be thinking about a match with Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar's one of the biggest stars in wrestling of the past 15 years, he's an even bigger star now than he was 12 years ago, and he's well known by average fans, hardcore fans, MMA fans who hate wrestling, MMA fans who love wrestling, Japanese audiences and just about everyone else in between. Compared to Lesnar, Itami in the eyes of the vast majority of fans, outside of hardcore internet fans and Japanese fans, he's a nobody and there's no money to be made in Lesnar taking on a nobody.

Itami is a relative unknown to the WWE fanbase. That is precisely why a match with Lesnar could be beneficial. Itami doesn't have to win to make an impression. Getting a few nearfalls on Lesnar and allowing the fans to think "what if" is all he has to do. That could make Itami a star.

Hideo Itami is 100% unproven. Zack Ryder vs. Lesnar would be a bigger draw. Itami may well become a huge star, but as of now, he's nothing. "Great technical wrestler" whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back