• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bring back wcw?

seinfeld83

Pre-Show Stalwart
with the success of ecw and the lack of ratings on smackdown would it be cool to see vince turn smackdown into WCW and let eric bishoff run that show? i for one would love to see this. i dont believe it will ever happen but its something cool to think about and i just wanted to see what everyone thought. and remember this is just hypothetical i dont believe this is going to happen. im just wondering what all of you would think if it did happen

Well, wouldn't it just be Smackdown under a different name? And even if it wasn't it would still be WCWE, just like the new ECW is just WWECW.

yeah but it may also get people to watch smackdown that do not currently watch it, they could change the format and make it as close to nitro as they can with some of the new wrestlers as well as maybe hiring back some of the wrestlers who used to be in wcw. I really think what they should do is add another show sometime during the week. probably thursday. they could have one full roster the is on twice a week like it used to be and that could be raw and the new thursday show. then ecw will stay on tuesday and the friday show becomes wcw, or they could put the wcw show on on thurday and leave smackdown on friday, this will also give wwe the ability to sign more talent to prevent them from going to competition. wrestling brings in rating and i dont think it would be to hard to find a network that would be willing to air a show on thursday

I have a funny feeling this will never happen... WCW is, and was a very unpopular product. There are reasons it went off the air, and it wasnt lack of money like ECW.

i said in my first post that this would never happen but still i think it is a cool thing to think about, it would be awesome if it happened, and at its prime wcw was a very popular product

seinfeld83 said:
i said in my first post that this would never happen but still i think it is a cool thing to think about, it would be awesome if it happened, and at its prime wcw was a very popular product

It's a cool idea... the only thing is that it seems as if they didnt push enough younger guys. Their main eventers are all hitting the end of their careers... so who can wrestle for them? Booke T, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Ric Flair, Rey Mysterio... it might be a poor lineup. I also dont think that a lot of guys like Benoit would want to be associated with the name.

but if vince did it and put them on that show they would have to go with it unless they left but if they did the only other reall option is tna and they arnt even able to use all the people thye have as it is, i think if they did do it it would work out better than most people think, most people didnt think the ecw thing would work out but it did, why couldnt it work with a wcw expansion sometime in the future (as i said before this will probabl never happen but i wish it would becaus i think it would expand the wrestling audience for wwe and give vince even more control over the wrestling industry

if they started doing wcw one night stand shows or something similiar to get the hype back up, have flair bring back the horseman i think it could be hyped enough to be successful

seinfeld83 said:
if they started doing wcw one night stand shows or something similiar to get the hype back up, have flair bring back the horseman i think it could be hyped enough to be successful

Yeah... but here we see the problem. Where are the horsemen? Sure, Flair will put on a half decent match... but McMichael is gone(and he was horrible), Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko are retired. Chris Benoit is on Hiatus... so this would mean that the best case scenario would be to bring back two horsemen... it's just not really that do-able or lucrative.

i see your point but i think it could be done if they really wanted to do it, and it would be a great idea as well

youre ******ed ^^. Stop saying over and over again that it would be good. Your first post that started the thread was fine.

If they do I want no nWo! If I returned WCW I would move the crusierweight Divison to WCW and showcase it more then they are now on SD!. Sorta like make it WWE's bootleg TNA so TNA could lose ratings. If they had X-Divison-like wrestling with no restrictions like TNA does it I would diffentaly watch the new WCW. But basically its not gonna happen so why bother

YOu can't bring WCW because WWE has done all it can to make WCW look like a joke in wrestling fans eyes. They stomped on WCW from the Monday Night Wars (when in some cases WCW put on better shows than WWE/F) to after they bought WCW.

Todays Wrestling fans look back on WCW as what WWE wants us too...a joke.

Remember the winners write the history books.

Other Main Problem Is That
1.wwe Has Most Of The Good Remaining Wcw Stars
2.the Ones Wwe Dont Have Are Either Too Old Or Not Worth The Hassle But There Are A Few I Would Love To See Back On The Biggest Stage Of Them All

The Stinger!!! Wwwwwwwooooooooo

I would love to see this. Realistic thinking would say WCW could have....Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Billy Kidman, nWo, Finlay, Shannon Moore, Buff Bagwell, DDP, Big Show, Eric Bischoff, a whole load of new talent and most of the New Bloods/NBTs!

WCW will never come back... I love how people all of a sudden think b/c ECW is back WCW is gonna come back... Its not gonna happen... Half the WCW wrestlers are either in there 50's 60's or Tna or in the WWE already...

McMahon has already run two companies into the ground with WWE and ECW. I wouldn't want him to re-run a third straight into the crapper. He needs to loosen the reigns and let intelligent people run the show like Russo did back in the day. They also need to stop hiring soap opera undergrad writers who don't know the first thing about wrestling. They book the worst angles and create the worst storylines the company could possibly do.

There's no point bringing back WCW as it was only an alternative to WWE. It was'nt like ECW it did'nt particularly influence or create anything unique in wrestling. As an alternative to WWE you have T.N.A., R.O.H, C.Z.W. etc so there's no point bringing back an old promotion. It would only be like WWECW anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back