• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BREAKING NEWS: Hulk Hogan is the host of WrestleMania 30

20140421_Light_HoganWMAnnouncement_HOMEPAGE.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe

WWE.com said:
The red and yellow is back, brother.

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has returned to WWE and will host WrestleMania 30 on Sunday, April 6, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. Hogan will make his long-awaited return to WWE on Monday’s Raw. He will also appear on WWE Raw Backstage Pass, airing live on WWE Network immediately following Raw.

Discuss.

Most definitely. No one in their right mind expected he'd actually wrestle. Just him being there will give the event more prominence. Might even give them some mainstream attention since Hogan is a household name to almost everyone.

Best possible scenario.

Hogan should be at the event. Just like he should've been at Mania XX.

I just don't know why they've announced it on a website. I guess it's so people might tune in on Monday, but I'd much prefer to heard a surprised crowd reaction.

His role on the show will hopefully be brief. He won't make a difference to the buy rate and that card is going to be crammed even without his presence.

This story came out a while ago, albeit unconfirmed. 'Hulk Hogan' is trending on Twitter right now so it seems like WWE made the right decision. As far as what is set in stone for Wrestlemania weekend, the HOF inductees and now Hogan are going to attract major media attention. WM XXX is off to a great start in terms of promotion.

Hogan should be at the event. Just like he should've been at Mania XX.

I just don't know why they've announced it on a website. I guess it's so people might tune in on Monday, but I'd much prefer to heard a surprised crowd reaction.

His role on the show will hopefully be brief. He won't make a difference to the buy rate and that card is going to be crammed even without his presence.

This.

It's cool I guess.

Wonder why they didn't announce it on RAW. Something like: "Guest Host of Wrestlemania 30 announced next Monday".

Either way, excited for RAW next week.

It's the best option for Hogan at Wrestlemania this year.

I never bought into the rumors of Hogan tagging with Cena, and I never believed for one second WWE actually considered a tag match as a realistic option for Hogan at Mania. His days in the ring are over, but Hogan can get the nostalgia pops at Mania without wrestling in the hosting role. I guess he'll open the show for the big standing ovation, maybe he'll have a brief segment in the ring, and he should pop up in various backstage segments.

I guess he'll open the show for the big standing ovation, maybe he'll have a brief segment in the ring, and he should pop up in various backstage segments.

- Open, 'Real American', massive pop
- Sing the national anthem / accompany on bass
- "Welcome to Wrestlemania, brutha"
- 3MB run-in
- Squash match, massive pop
- Hulk up, massive pop
- Leaves
- I turn on

What could be more perfect?

For a while now, I've been envisioning Zeb Colter in the ring giving yet another promo about The Real Americans, when suddenly:

♫ I AM A REAL AMERICAN!!! FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN!! ♫

I thought it was so transparent but now I'm not so sure.

Good to see the legendary Hulk Hogan heading back home to the WWE! Not only as a returning legend but as the host of this years Wrestlemania (30). Hulk Hogan should just come with the facts that the WWE is his home. So he should just stop bouncing between other promotions like he has in the past (AWA, WCW, TNA) and just retire a happy man in the WWE. And I hope that Hogan does a better job than the Rock did three years ago as the host of Wrestlemania. Sure Hogan can't wrestle anymore but I'm sure his other wrestling talents will payoff for him at the big show.

It's a perfect compromise for everyone. Hogan gets a payday for being there, the fans get to see him one more time, nobody gets hurt.

I would though expect him to do SOMETHING in the ring. Similar to how The Rock got involved in the WWE Title picture at WM27, I wouldn't be surprised if he throws a leg drop here or there (maybe to Ryback and Curtis Axel or The Real Americans), just not a full match. Maybe even they go with Pipers Pit like Roddy has been yelling out for.

Either way, I'm happy with it

Hope he comes back as Hollywood and kills Dbry, cena, and punk in hell of a cell. He then retires as the undisputed greatest ever as the wrestlmania set explodes ending the greatest sport of all time. Then Hollywood Rock comes back, looks around and smiles.

Typical Asswad Know It All said:
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

This is NOT and I repeat NOT fair to the men and women that are putting their lives on the line for us, this glory hogging, grandstanding hotdogging charlatan is taking away the livelihood of our young lions that bust their tail in that squared circle traveling from corner to corner of our God's green Earth.

This news is a travesty and I for one just am beside myself that WWE would ever be foolhardy to do business with Hogan AGAIN!!!! Why did they ever do business with him in the first place? WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! You have to be f'n kidding me. I mean look at what he did to WCW! And you sheeple are ready to welcome him back with open arms?! WHAT THE FUCK?! WHEN THE FUCK? HOW THE FUCK?!

TNA is already on life support, and now he's coming to kill my WWE! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, as you can tell that wasn't my true sentiment, that's just me quoting your typical keyboard warrior on these parts and other parts of the internet. I for one am very excited about The Hulkster coming back to WWE, and it's about damn time. Well, I am grateful that he came to TNA, to 1) make an effort to try to contribute to the product of the company, the reasons why it didn't work out, I'm not going to solely point the blame at Hogan, because for one thing I never believed for a moment that he had a true position of power, he was merely there for input and storyline purposes, again my opinion and suspicion and nothing more. and 2) I got to meet the man at TNA's rather decent fan tests, I'll give TNA credit for one thing, they offer a great experience for their meeting of its roster and have very good food for the VIP packages, a buddy hooked me up last year.

But this was bound to happen and rightfully so, The Hulkster missed other milestone Manias like X, XX, and 25. I'm glad something came together to get him there for WrestleMania XXX. Very excited and I know what I'll be doing April 6th!

But before I go any further, I offer my condolences to the young people on the roster that have to step aside for Hogan on this night, what an injustice, right guys? Pfft...this will be no different than The Rock's role in WWE, except that Hogan will not be wrestling, I just can't see that happening. The guy barely did that in TNA, and with the way WWE has been stringent on older veterans getting in the ring, I don't see it happening now.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant for now, loving what I am hearing. Now, I'm hoping that WWE Network show featuring Hogan is true as far as what the rumors say.

This is great news and perfect timing. Nobody deserves to guest host Wrestlemania 30 more than HULK HOGAN.
It would be even more fitting if Piper comes out to confront him or hold a Piper's Pit and have him as a guest.
The only thing we need now is for Warrior to make his in-ring return (although not an actual match) and squash someone for a big pop.

Don't care what the internet nerds have to say....it's Wrestlemania 30...let the nostalgia run wild on you!!

Hosting works. That way if he can get physical it is not as obvious as to when or if it is going to happen. Maybe go completely bizarre and have Flair co-host. They could pull a Grumpy Old Men schtick and wave their walking sticks at each other or do the "old people just say and do crazy things since they can get away with it" schtick.

But yeah, if Hogan can't work, he shouldn't work. He didn't work for TNA over his last almost two years so it makes me think he can't work. Hosting is perfect for him.

It's the correct role depending upon what exactly he'll be doing as host of WrestleMania XXX. If Hogan's presence is for the primary purpose of inducing some nostalgia buys for the ppv, then that's just fine. He can pop up in a couple of segments here & there interacting with a few wrestlers. However, that's as far as his involvement should go, in my opinion. Hogan won't be wrestling, so don't try to weave a huge bunch of stuff around him.

While the announcement this past Monday would've formalized things, it's probably not necessary. Everyone knows that Hogan's been talking to WWE for some time and it's been reported since the beginning of this month that he was almost certainly gonna be on the 2/24 episode of Raw. By the time the weekend's done, everyone'll know that Hogan will be on Raw this Monday and anyone who wants to see him'll tune in.

Apparently I was in the minority. Even though I'm not an Hulk Hogan fan I actually wouldn't have minded a short Mania match from The Hulkster simply for the sake of nostalgia. Yeah, Hogan has never been a great in-ring performer & he would most likely he much, much worse in his old age but from a fans perspective I see a lot more value in him having some kind of dream match with John Cena or somebody than just showing up to talk. I've never cared for Hulk's mic work & him simply being there as "host" to come out few times does absolutely nothing for me. But hey it's Wrestlemania XXX so Hogan being there in some form or fashion was pretty much a give in.

Hogan as the host for WM is the best possible news that could happen. No one thought in their right mind,he was going to be medically cleared to wrestle his body is to banged up right now. Oh Man i cant wait for Monday Night Raw I am super excited. I AM A REAL AMERICAN!!! FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN!!

In a surprise swerve, Daniel Bryan turns heel in the main event of Wrestlemania & the Wyatt Family help him win the title from Orton & Batista. As the villains celebrate their victory in the ring, the fans chant "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

Suddenly REAL AMERICAN hits and Hogan comes out to challenge for the title, as Batista & Orton yell "Get him, Hulk!" He gets beat down by all four men, but the power of all the Hulksters is running strong in the new veins in his tris, brother and he hulks up, destroying the Wyatts, drops the leg on DB & wins his 13th world championship.

Vince McMahon then comes out and hugs Hulk, as confetti streams down into the arena and Wrestlemania XXX goes off the air. Daniel Bryan joins the Kiss My Butt club the next night on an exciting Raw Supershow.

What happened to the Hogan hatred for "killing" TNA? 5 months ago every person in the IWC hated him. I haven't ever loved or hated hogan but It'll be cool to see him at wrestle mania live. He should only cut a promo to open the show, a few backstage segments (hopefully one with warrior) and maybe get involved in the real americans match. That's all he should and PHYSICALLY CAN do. Yes it's cool but nothing historic here.

What happened to the Hogan hatred for "killing" TNA? 5 months ago every person in the IWC hated him. I haven't ever loved or hated hogan but It'll be cool to see him at wrestle mania live. He should only cut a promo to open the show, a few backstage segments (hopefully one with warrior) and maybe get involved in the real americans match. That's all he should and PHYSICALLY CAN do. Yes it's cool but nothing historic here.

It's the typical nonsense of how you just have some people on a TNA hating crusade no matter who is there or what TNA does offer in the way of its positives Now let me just say it straight out, here's what I like about TNA in fact I outright LOVE about the organization. I'm a fan who goes back to the days of watching the AWA, JCP/WCW, and WWF on a constant weekend basis, well in the case of the JCP/WCW mostly during the summer, on some fall and winter weekends I'd spend time with my Grandfather Carlos from my mother's side, his town had TBS, I didn't get TBS until 1993 in my town.

Anyway, sorry about the reminiscing there, but what I like about TNA is that their fan tests were top notch events, you got to meet a mix of veteran and rising talent. Now I feel bad because with the veteran talent I am more biased to them as opposed to the younger stars, although I had great conversations with many of them as well. But to me I'll always be biased to talking to guys like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Sting, The Dudleys, and so on because I grew up knowing who those guys were and was very acquainted with them.

I had a friend who hooked me up with a VIP pass at the last second for TNA Slammiversary in Boston last year. I have to say this much, their efforts to accommodate fans outside of the actual wrestling portion, was top notch. With the VIP pass came hotel accommodations, I was in the military for years, anything other than my barracks room is the Ritz Carlton, as far as I am concerned and even I made the best of that situation. I can understand that some people have gotten on TNA for not changing for the better, but these supposed TNA purists that turned their back on the product when Hogan got there and lament the story lines he was in like the WWE Hall Of Fame ring, conveniently forget the silly tripe TNA DID do in the past before Hogan. Let's just see stuff like this comes to mind:

*AJ Pierzysnki and David Eckstein appearing in TNA.
*Pacman Jones winning the tag team title straps.
*The reverse battle royal
*Vince Russo's antics with his kayfabe breaking shoots (I mean c'mon now...crash TV was so dead even in 2002-2003)
*Rhyno bringing his "ECW" Title with him to TNA.
*The fact that TNA STARTED with a four sided ring in 2002 and then a couple years later went to a six sided ring.

And I really could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that. TNA before Hogan was no better than how he left in 2013. In fact, really take some time to go back and look at early TNA stuff, production values while still not up to many a wrestling fan's standards, are MUCH better than they were. The one thing that TNA tends to get so much grief over is something it can't help, despite the fact it had lots of WCW luminaries and influence, it never had the HISTORY that WCW had. People tend to forget that WCW wasn't an overnight success or an upstart promotion, much like Titan Sports/WWF was a continuation of the Capital Wrestling Corporation under new ownership, so was WCW as it was a continuation of the Jim Crockett and Mid-South promotions. In fact the name of their flagship program was called World Championship Wrestling! Anyway I digress, back to TNA.

Getting to meet a guy like The Hulkster on several occasions, he would often break some of the rules just for the fans, not that TNA are the worst about things but they do try to remain time conscious. However, guys like Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle threw a lot of that aside.

I'd like to hope that no matter what happens in TNA's future that they can at least continue to do these sort of things, it's something that indy promotions have sometimes not been as willing to do. Although to be fair, it's been some time since I've gotten a chance to go to many indy shows. As far as WWE's approach to meet and greets, I can't change that either because any time I've ever made a WWF/E contracted wrestler, wasn't at events but for public appearances outside of a live event for the promotion.

More or less though, I'm glad that Hogan is back in WWE, just because it better benefits his career, for stuff like retrospectives and if the rumors about this show that he's hosting on the WWE Network is actually true, it's a better place for him. I mean think of it like this, pretty much his entire career as an active wrestler is WWE archived. TNA wouldn't be able to truly celebrate and highlight him without the footage that Vince McMahon and company have.

It's sad he couldn't do more for TNA in some ways, but if you had gotten to meet the man at meet and greets like I had been able to, I'm pretty much grateful for that alone. I hope TNA continues to offer something to its fan base like I think they've been doing and that the haters just learn to chill out, but you can't please everyone.

Just as Hulk Hogan is cutting a returning promo about how Hulkamania is running wild again, and he missed all the fans... The lights go out... And when they come back, Hulk Hogan is laid out in the middle of the ring. The blame goes to The Undertaker, with everyone going from looking at him as an icon to viewing him as the guy that attacked the Hulkster without provocation... But ultimately the man behind it is revealed to be Sting, in the coming months, thus setting up the Undertaker vs Sting match for next year's Wrestlemania. Now that is something I'd love to see!
Also, it would be a good way to make Sting- the character appear on Wrestlemania, without making Sting- the person appearing in it, thus preventing any legal problem that could happen if he had a 90-days (or more) No-compete clause in his TNA contract.

I think it's a good look. WWE needed some star power to help sell this PPV and WWE found it in Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back