Breaking Bad-The Final Season

IT Factor

IT happens!
For those who missed it, season 5[the final season] returned on AMC last night. It was a truly epic return which left alot of questions in it's wake and definetely set up what is to come;

First off, the opening sequence was badass. We have a shot of Walter at a Denny's restuarant playing with his food and forming the number "52" with his bacon. He informs the waitress that today is his birthday and she requests his ID. She reads it and it is another alias and not Walter White. So obviously, Walt is on the run and has changed his identity. There are numerous questions to be asked here;

1}Has the DEA figured out Walt's identity? And are they persuing him?

2}Walt's family is obviously not around. Where are they?

3}Jesse. Where is he? Is he a part of the reason why Walt is on the run? Are they now enemies at the end of this season?

Last of which is the scene afterwards, in which the same guy Walt bought the gun from in season 4[Jim Beaver] arrives at Denny's and meets Walt in the bathroom. He hands over keys to a vehicle and asks Walt where it is headed. Walt answers the car isn't going far and then asks if "it" comes with an instruction manual. Beaver's character replies that he downloaded something off the internet and you see Walt slide an envelope of money over to him. Walt then leaves the waitress a tip of $100[even though the meal is free] and he goes to the parking lot. We then see a shot of Walt opening a trunk of a car to reveal an assault-type of machine gun with the clips around it. This leads to a whole other set of questions;

1}Is this the end? Is this scene what leads to a final confrontation before Walter dies?

2}Obviously Walter seems sure that this is the end or why else would he leave the waitress a tip of $100? Does this imply that Walt no longer has anyone left?

3}What are the machine guns going to be used for? Who are they for?

4}Is this this ending of Walter refusing to be taken alive? Because he has said before "never the DEA". If they are indeed after him, is Hank the leader of this apprehension unit?

5}This is obviously a year or so out from where season 5 picks up after this advance scene in the future. What happens that leads to this? Does any of this stem from the Gus killing?

With everything that happened in this episode, I'm more excited for this season than ever. The wait was definetely worth it and this split season will seem like an eternity. What were your thoughts of this episode? This show is so well written that the ending will be fantastic.

2 episodes into the season & I'm looking forward to more. The weapon in the trunk appeared to be an m60 if i saw it right and that's a mean piece to be playing with. My thoughts are turning to just how involved the Germans are. I mainly want to see just how long it takes before Heisenburg fully comes out of Walt. Hell we saw that side of him when he was talking to Sal and even Skyler said she was scared of what Walt was turning into. Only time will tell and as long as they don't do some lameassed Sopranos ending I think this could lead to some serious film roles for Cranston. One last thought is, does Walt's cancer come back cause if you notice he gave a cough while in the bathroom.

2 episodes into the season & I'm looking forward to more. The weapon in the trunk appeared to be an m60 if i saw it right and that's a mean piece to be playing with. My thoughts are turning to just how involved the Germans are. I mainly want to see just how long it takes before Heisenburg fully comes out of Walt. Hell we saw that side of him when he was talking to Sal and even Skyler said she was scared of what Walt was turning into. Only time will tell and as long as they don't do some lameassed Sopranos ending I think this could lead to some serious film roles for Cranston. One last thought is, does Walt's cancer come back cause if you notice he gave a cough while in the bathroom.

I have always been impressed with the quality of Breaking Bad. They do everything for a purpose and I love how they execute flashbacks either retro or future. That opening scene from episode 1 in season 5 definetely was a tease for what's to come at the end. Vince Gilligan has alluded to the fact that Walter White changes from "Mr. Chips to Scarface", which was probably why we saw that M60. At this point in the future, Walt is obviously on the run and ready to end everything. I'm just wondering who that machine gun is going to be used for. The cartel? DEA?

I did notice that both in episodes one and two of season 5 that Walter is definetely threatening Skyler. In episode one, at the end, Walt tells Skyler that he 'forgives her' for what she did with Ted. At the end of episode two, he tells her she'll get over what happened with Ted and that there'd be 'no problems' if she did what she done for family. That seemed like an indirect threat in the event that Skyler wanted to try anything. Then, there's how Walt has been manipulating Jesse. He went through alot of trouble getting Saul to have Huell[the big black bodyguard of Saul's] to lift the cigarette off of Jesse to grab the ricin poison. He then goes to Jesse's house to "look for" the ricin, knowing he's replaced it with a salt substitute. Jesse breaks down and apologizes to Walt for almost shooting him at the end of season 4 and Walt attempts to console him[even though it seemed fake and insincere]. Last but not least is Saul Goodman. Walt has been firm with Saul so far in season 5 and threatened him in episode one saying they would be done when he said they were done. Saul seems like the save his own ass type, which leads me to believe he'll be killed before the end of the show.

I'm also intrigued by the whole Madrigal corporation that was behind Gus's operation. Will we see flashbacks of just how involved they were? What about Gus himself? In season 4, when we saw flashbacks of Gus with Don Eladio it was mentioned by Eladio that he knew who Gus was in Chile and that's the only reason he didn't kill him alongside Max[Gus's partner in Pollos and drugs]. Will they explore that angle and also have cartel ties to Madrigal? Episode 2 also focused heavily on Mike and how he has to work with Walt/Jesse out of necessity. The DEA has taken his money and now he cannot get out. This show is so damn great at spinning multiple angle and leaving alot of unanswered questions. I cannot wait to see how the rest of this half of season 5 ends and how next year's final 8 episodes will end this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back