• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bray Wyatt's first World Heavyweight Championship win

JJV

Occasional Pre-Show
Whilst the chances are less, I would love to see The Undertaker return and Wyatt issues another challenge to the deadman. In the weeks heading towards Summerslam, he reforms the family and at Summerslam, defeats 'Taker. He then goes on to face Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose for the WWEWHC but comes up short. At the Survivor Series, Taker and Sting defeats Harper and Rowan, Orton wins the WWEWHC. Wyatt then goes on to win the Rumble and face Orton at Wrestlemania for the championship. What do you think?

I think the Undertaker and Wyatt are finished, over and done. If Taker shows up to do anymore matches, he won't be beat. If his is then Lesnar's claim of being "the one to beat the one in 21-1" is now null and void. Taker only shows up for Mania now anyway, and if he comes back next year, it will most likely be his last appearance in a WWE ring. He's earned the right to have a long happy life with his family, and I wish him well.

Bray Wyatt is not that important and I'm not even sure he's really over anymore. In early 2014, he was getting crazy responses and now...everyone just seems so indifferent. It doesn't help that Bray was defeated by Roman Reigns...who had previously defeated Mark Henry...and Barrett...I was thinking that they might be those special rivals based on their history together, but that one RAW killed such potential.

it kind of annoys me how Taker will only wrestle at Mania, that means either he goes over everybody til he retires (DeadMan or not, that stinks!), or that his streak runs the risk of being made to look less remarkable.
He should be making some television appearances at least, here is the #1 greatest wrestling gimmick of all time bar none, he can totally do the part time thing and not have to work a massive amount of matches. He really should be doing Summerslam and the other big name PPVs. Bray Wyatt is a character completely lost atm who would benefit IMMENSELY from a rematch.

If he seriously is not gonna do anything other than Mania, his matches are only going to get more and more worthless. How can you build feuds when one of the guys makes 0 TV appearances? Yea, Wyatt did a decent job this year, but... I saw that now, how are they going to do it again?

Bray Wyatt was never really over. His gimmick and his lamp was over more than he was. His messages back in 2013 were cryptic, and interesting, and he's the most unique gimmick on the roster, but he's a horrendous in-ring worker, and all but his most hardcore fans abandoned him after that.

Bray Wyatt was never really over. His gimmick and his lamp was over more than he was. His messages back in 2013 were cryptic, and interesting, and he's the most unique gimmick on the roster, but he's a horrendous in-ring worker, and all but his most hardcore fans abandoned him after that.

The fans I think are, like, accepting of Wyatt. he's a character that catches lots of peoples attention, but has been so poorly booked and that's why he isn't getting over. His "feud" with Ryback was absolutely nothing, wasn't it? What the hell was the reason for that rivalry again? 'Ryback has muscles, but also he is scared' just lazy, passionless, directionless writing

To try fix Wyatt, I would (assuming Taker wouldn't get off his arse for a Summerslam)
- either re-unite the Wyatt family
- give Wyatt a new stable of purposely green NXT guys that he 'brainwashes', have Wyatt as cult-leader type figure. There could be some cool angles out of this, like poison kool-aid or something.
- some kind of macabre feud with Kane. next best thing to Taker, plus I just want to get Kane right out of the authority. He was a shit choice for an authority figure, terrible on the mic unless playing a deranged character - get him out of that fucking suit, back in to his black and red tights and make him intimidating again rather than the butt of Rollins' jokes

Don't get me wrong, they could rebuild the Wyatt Family, add another, like Bo, add a female, like Havok ( I know she's not getting in, but still), and turn them into mid-card wrecking machines, their only point being chaos and bringing down the machine from within, etc., and that would work.

But pretending like Bray Wyatt can ever get over as an actual main event singles guy is just disingenuous.

Oh, I wasn't thinking about the WWE title, just addressing Bray. Bray should be nowhere near the WWE title/main events until he has some purpose. I think he is a quite good in-ring performer, but not noticeably better (or noticeably different) than Luke Harper. He needs lots of people around him to help make him relevant again

Whilst the chances are less, I would love to see The Undertaker return and Wyatt issues another challenge to the deadman. In the weeks heading towards Summerslam, he reforms the family and at Summerslam, defeats 'Taker. He then goes on to face Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose for the WWEWHC but comes up short. At the Survivor Series, Taker and Sting defeats Harper and Rowan, Orton wins the WWEWHC. Wyatt then goes on to win the Rumble and face Orton at Wrestlemania for the championship. What do you think?

Interesting topic. I doubt they'd waste a Taker match at Summerslam, it's a blessing that he does WrestleMania especially since he only made ONE appearance this year and that was WM, not a RAW or Smackdown.

The last thing Bray needs is to lose to a full-timer so an Ambrose/Rollins lost would hurt him. I think they'd save Sting for WrestleMania too.

I can't see Orton winning the title anytime soon. I think that window passed this past fall when #RKOuttaNowhere went viral.

It's hard for me to see Bray be a legit title contender as a heel but only scenario I could see is he wins the Rumble and goes on to face the champ at WM and wins. It's just his title match probably won't be the true main event when you got The Rock, HHH, Brock, maybe Taker and Austin on the card.

it kind of annoys me how Taker will only wrestle at Mania, that means either he goes over everybody til he retires (DeadMan or not, that stinks!), or that his streak runs the risk of being made to look less remarkable.

I can see your point, yet I approach it from the opposite angle, saying that Undertaker's answer is probably that if they insist on having him perform on any occasion except Wrestlemania......they won't have him at all. Given that choice, it's obvious why WWE uses him only at the big event.

Yea, Wyatt did a decent job this year, but... I saw that now, how are they going to do it again?

It's tough to base a guy's career on the results of one match but after watching Bray beaten cleanly by Roman Reigns in Roman's third match of the evening, I'm doubting we're going to see Wyatt win the world title anytime soon. He's still going to be a dangerous opponent because his character is the most independent in WWE. He doesn't need partners, he doesn't need titles.....he needs only the personal vendettas that drive him.

On the mic, he handled the entire build-up to his WM31 match with Undertaker without a single appearance by his opponent....and still made us want to see the contest. That's not easy.

But while Bray might crack main event status, I don't believe he'll get to the top of the mountain.....mostly because he doesn't need to in order to be successful.

I agree with everything here except that he used to be cryptic and interesting. He was always boring as hell to me. But I'm glad someone else FINALLY accepts that Bray Wyatt was never over.

I'm afraid I got some bad news for you!

WWE are pretty much into the Shield Triple Threat Match for the WWE WHC title match at Summerslam 2015 and Maybe just maybe Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar episode 2 at the Wrestlemania in Texas!

As much as I want Bray Wyatt to be relatively relevant, I don't know how much chance he has to get into the World Title scenario till the end of Wrestlemania. As for the thread OP, I would love him to interrupt the celebration of the winner of WWE WHC title at Wrestlemania in the Monday Night RAW after Wrestlemania 32!

Cheers!!

Its amazing to see the comments on this thread. Bray Wyatt had been the one star who was liked by what was seemingly the consensus of WWE fans. He hasn't been getting good booking since WM31, but I don't think that's any reason to abandon the one guy who performs his gimmick to so well, and is entertaining whether or not he steps in the ring.

The way he has entered into his last few feuds has gotten monotonous. The promos with the 'cpyptic' language has run it's course, it's not entertaining, It was cool when he did it with Undertaker, mainly because it was directed toward Undertaker, a guy who's not around much and cannot be directly confronted. When he was doing it for Ryback, it wasn't as good.

But I will keep the faith in Bray and continue to be a firefly, I think great things are on the way for him.

I seriously wish they would book this guy correctly and give him some interesting feuds. Breaking up the family was a bad idea and too soon. I was hoping they did the Undertaker thing sooner and have Bray go over as a way of passing the torch to Bray as the "New face of fear" but they waited a year and kinda painted themselves into a corner by having the Brock end the streak the year before. But guess what? Bray comes out after the loss and still calls himself the "New Face of Fear". So we're just supposed to forget the loss at WrestleMania? It's just been terrible booking from which I'm afraid that he may not recover. I still have hope. I heard rumors there were big plans for him but who knows

I think the Undertaker and Wyatt are finished, over and done. If Taker shows up to do anymore matches, he won't be beat. If he is then Lesnar's claim of being "the one to beat the one in 21-1" is now null and void. Taker only shows up for Mania now anyway, and if he comes back next year, it will most likely be his last appearance in a WWE ring. He's earned the right to have a long happy life with his family, and I wish him well.

How the hell would that be the case, He said for him to defeat him at SummerSlam. You do realize Taker has been defeated before right? Plenty of times and at SummerSlam before. I don't really get how it makes Lesnar's claim void, if he remains the only man to beat Taker at Mania. Your right he does deserve to win the rest of his matches an just simply retire. But your wrong about it hurting his claim.

But my personal stance on Taker vs Wyatt II? It doesn't need to happen. The first one was decent but wasn't great. If Taker is to wrestle again realistically he is only facing Sting,Cena,or Rollins.

As far as Wyatt's first world title win. I would hold off on that until 2016 or 2017. He doesn't need it. Wyatt already has a special role right now where he stays off TV until he sets his sights on his next target. Before Wyatt gets to the world title he needs to start winning all/majority of those feuds and clean.

I would have Wyatt return to feud with Orton and storyline take him out. In this feud he becomes even darker and a even darker version of his self. No more laughing or smiling. Hell, I would have him be a silent killer. He would only talk when revealing why he is making his target. I know, he is a great talker but his character could benefit alot more from it. Orton would return to get revenge and RKO's him and sets up for a punt when Lesnar's music plays and he gets in his face and points to the Mania sign. This sets up a tweener/face vs tweener/face matchup for Mania.

I would have Wyatt disappear until after Fastlane, where he would return to begin a feud with Triple H. At WrestleMania, I would have him face and defeat Triple H.

His next feud would be John Cena, he goes straight through him clean twice and then win win MITB. He would cash in on the champ and feud with them throughout the summer. The next year Mania, he could face and defeat Brock Lesnar. Yes, I said it. Lesnar will lose at least two more matches in his career. I would have Wyatt be one of those guys. Only people he has really lost to is Cena,Taker and Jericho. Cena has beaten Lesnar before,so has Taker (handicapped matches, and triple threat matches,) Jericho has never faced Lesnar so it doesn't hurt Lesnar. However, it will help Wyatt.

Unfortunately Wyatt is booked as a feud loser.

They need to step back. Less matches on TV for Wyatt, more promos. But with actual direction.

1. Wyatt cuts promos where he admits that he has lost focus and that he needs his Family.
2. He puts Rowan and Harper together in the family. Becky Lynch or another diva joins the Family.
3. The family does Wyatt's bidding, taking out intended targets.
4. Wyatt wrestles at roughly every PPV, against the target he intended, winning every match.
5. Wyatt and the Family wrestle at Survivor Series against a popular opponent (Orton, etc.), losing (his first loss since SummerSlam).
6. Wyatt cuts a promo stating that to show good leadership he needs to be seen as the top of the mountain. He then states he is going after the WH Title
Note: Reigns has won the title by this point (I don't believe the Shield Triple Threat is happening at Mania [Don't think WWE can last that long].
7. Wyatt wins the Royal Rumble
8. Reigns vs. Wyatt for the World Title
Note: This match can happen as the Main Event will likely not be a World Title match, with the stories of matches involving guys like Cena-Hogan-Triple H-The Rock-Lesnar-Austin-Taker-Sting, etc.

Just an idea. But I think Wyatt can be used better.

Here's the thing; Bray Wyatt is a tremendous character! A very unique and potentially very useful and engaging and entertaining character, exactly what the WWE looks for and needs. But that's only true when he's used right and in my opinion he has only been used right a few times since he debuted.

I believe he was used incredibly well when he debuted with the Wyatt Family all the way leading up to the incredible match between The Wyatt Family and The Shield.

I actually thought the mini-feud/storyline with his Family and Daniel Bryan was good and interesting.

Since Wyatt has been on his own, I'm sorry to say he hasn't been quite as interesting. I do kind of like his little tweak of character to be called "The Face of Fear" and his intro is appropriately creepy. He has also been a little more clear in his promos but it needs to get better.

Wyatt needs a better focus. He also needs to be more clear in his promos. Actually, his promos during a feud have been better and more clear, the problem has been after a feud he seems to be lost and the POINT behind his feud has been lost.

That is a big part missing from the Bray Wyatt character right now. What is the point? What is HIS point?

See, for most wrestlers their point is to fight for the championship or the opportunity for a championship or fight for pride or prove themselves in a personal feud.

With Wyatt, he's basically always been in personal feuds, he hasn't really shown interest in being champion which could be okay but the problem is with his personal feuds that they don't seem to really have a point or they don't do anything to either person.

It's actually funny because Wyatt won against Ryback at their PPV match but since then we've seen little of Wyatt and Ryback has since become IC Champ!

It's clear that Wyatt's character needs a focus and a realistic one. Okay, Wyatt is "The Face of Fear" but what does that matter to us? Maybe he would be more interesting if he tried to turn a face a heel and have them reach into their dark side. That would be more interesting but he has to be successful with it and WWE has to have a face that they want to turn heel.

I think the WWE title scene is too crowded for Wyatt right now and/or doesn't make sense for him to be there but Wyatt needs something meaningful soon!

I think perhaps it would be interesting for Wyatt to get into the head of Bo Dallas and make him MORE maniacal. He can still come out to his inspirational music but he could turn him to be more dark and serious. Basically Wyatt should have a short feud with Bo Dallas, perhaps just one quick promo and a mach where Wyatt wins and Dallas accepts his invitation and then Wyatt basically becomes Dallas' evil mentor.

The last thing I want for Wyatt is for his character to be lost and become meaningless. I would love to see him as World Champion one day but it may not be for at least a year or two and in that time Wyatt needs to become a strong character and that's only done by meaningful feuds and solid matches.

Bo Dallas is a good shout for somebody to add a little purpose to Wyatt. Have them have an early match on Raw, Wyatt wins in about 3 and a half minute, then he drags Bo backstage or wherever and the next time you see them, Bo's attitude and/or look has been completely adjusted/molded by Wyatt

How the hell would that be the case, He said for him to defeat him at SummerSlam. You do realize Taker has been defeated before right? Plenty of times and at SummerSlam before. I don't really get how it makes Lesnar's claim void, if he remains the only man to beat Taker at Mania. Your right he does deserve to win the rest of his matches an just simply retire. But your wrong about it hurting his claim.

And just when was the last time Undertaker fought at match at Summerslam. If you had read what I said right afterwards, you would have saw that I said he only shows up for Mania now. The Undertaker has been partially retired for the past few years.

So considering that Taker's streak is the only thing that's really kept him centre stage for the past few years, yes it would make Lesnar's claim null and void.

Anyway on topic. Wyatt is a long way from the WWE title, and no where getting near it anytime soon. Please don't reform the Wyatt family, that didn't work either. Please don't give him anymore followers, the first two pissed off on him, and please don't make him a member of the Authority, cause I know someone will suggest it.

Wyatt is a promo artist, horrible in the ring but gold on the mic. He should be a manager who occasionally, very occasionally gets involved with in ring action.

Bray Wyatt has regressed in the ring a great deal. He has shown flashes of brilliance in the ring but not so much lately.

I do expect him to eventually find the character tweak that catapults him into the main event, but right now he finds himself in midcard purgatory.

The Wyatt Family broke up way too soon and nobody benefited. Harper put on a decent string of singles matches but that ended after a meaningless IC title win.

Bray Wyatt's most likely path to the top involves the WWE get out of jail free card; Money in the Bank. A cash in where the lights go out and Wyatt steals the WWE title is one of the few good scenarios left for that briefcase. Obviously it won't happen this year but given the participants in the match it probably should have. As good as he is on the mic Bray Wyatt's promos need some direction. MITB is perfect for his character. I'm going to start holding out hope that he is a surprise addition somehow.

For those suggesting that Bray should defeat Taker at Summerslam...would that really mean a lot? If Taker fights anyone at any event that is not wrestlemania, it would be the typical case of 'old guy putting younger guy over'. Didn't Taker get squashed by the Great Khali once? Does anyone really remember that? No. Now if Khali defeated Taker at Wrestlemania, everyone would remember that...if only because of the shards of glass they'd be picking out of their flesh when they punched their TV.

Be real, losing to Taker at Wrestlemania and then beating him anywhere else would feel like a consolation prize...like a former WHC getting a midcard belt because there is no room for him in the main event scene at the moment.

I still think the best way for Bray to get any momentum is having him turn face and target the Authority. Maybe it would be a disaster, but I can no longer take him seriously as a dominant heel. WWE keeps telling me that he's strong enough to defeat most of the wrestlers, but not the ones who matter. It should be noted that Kane has had a similar presentation- the difference being that Kane always seems to fight those who matter, while Bray tends to pick on those who don't.

For those suggesting that Bray should defeat Taker at Summerslam...would that really mean a lot? If Taker fights anyone at any event that is not wrestlemania, it would be the typical case of 'old guy putting younger guy over'. Didn't Taker get squashed by the Great Khali once? Does anyone really remember that? No. Now if Khali defeated Taker at Wrestlemania, everyone would remember that...if only because of the shards of glass they'd be picking out of their flesh when they punched their TV.

Be real, losing to Taker at Wrestlemania and then beating him anywhere else would feel like a consolation prize...like a former WHC getting a midcard belt because there is no room for him in the main event scene at the moment.

sure its a consolation, i just think it's better than, well, anything they've got him doing at the moment. that aimless, meaningless feud with Ryback has really set him back, even though he got the pin. I guess he can challenge for Ryback's IC belt but that is really turning him into just another guy in my eyes. Summerslam is supposed to be one of WWE's marquee PPVs, it's not like he'll be needed at the Rumble or any other PPV other than Mania. it's the right time to do such a thing.

Khali beat Taker in 2005 when he wrestled all the time, it wouldn't be meaningless for him to help Bray now and put him over. And unlike Khali, Bray can actually take bumps and move faster than 0.5 miles per hour. if Khali took Taker in his prime, why can't Wyatt defeat a legend?

Marital horror is right about his face turn and facing the authority. I had hoped they would pick up on the bump with kane costing him his match with reigns and open the door to him coming after the authority but consistently on the losing end for as few weeks until Harper and Rowan show up with him and clean house after reuniting the family but obviously creative dropped the ball but then again who knows since he was of tv on raw.. maybe that can come into play during mitb but highly unlikely.
They could have his interference cost Rollins the title and an expansion on raw the next night.

Bray Wyatt has regressed in the ring a great deal. He has shown flashes of brilliance in the ring but not so much lately.

I don't believe Wyatt has regressed in the ring. He's certainly not a technical wrestler, nor should he be with his 'creepy guy' gimmick.

His match vs Ryback was actually quite good and brutal. Wyatt's in ring strength is his psychology more than the actual arsenal of moves he can do. You don't go into a Wyatt match expecting him to be like Neville and vice versa.

I think Wyatt has been seen fairly infrequently lately and so it seems as if he he's got worse in the ring but he really hasn't had much chance to really show what he can do.

Wyatt is excellent in promos but he has to transition that into feuds that have MORE meaning and purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back