Bray Wyatt?

theblasterkid

Pre-Show Stalwart
His booking maybe or not worse than Seth's, but why isn't guy included in major PPVs? One of the main reasons why I tuned in again to WWE because of The Wyatt Family. It was Summerslam '13, I decided to check it out. It was alright and I seen Bryan beat Cena ( I didn't know who Bryan was). Anyway, Bray was feuding with Kane and I seen him lose to Wyatt in the Inferno Match. The feud he had with Bryan was his best to date in my opinion. The other ones were decent or lackluster. People think his descension happened with Cena, but I think it started with Jericho.

It wasn't great. Wyatt's cryptic promos and Y2J's promos did not click. Not only with Jericho, it seemed like he just doesn't click with anyone that he feuded with except maybe Bryan. I don't think it's his fault because he is clearly very talented. I just don't get the booking. He is compared to guys like Jake Roberts perhaps some Mankind. Would they agree to be book this way? Maybe it's because of the way WWE books heels nowadays? I don't know.

The breakup of The Wyatts was in my opinion, premature. Just like the same with Prime Time Players and Rowan's face turn (Swagger could have been there, but Harper sold it that night). After Cena beat him at Extreme Rules '14, he lost a lot of momentum. They left him off TV for a minute basically repacking him? Maybe that would have been a face turn moment where he realize something about himself? He shouldn't have fought Taker and lost. It probably shouldn't have happened at all. It's not just his character and no character depth. We see that a lot to most of their characters. It's lack of creative and direction. I read on this forum that Triple H said these guys' gimmick should be themselves times 10 or something. Why aren't these guys allowed to do this on the main roster? And not just them the divas as well. Anyway, I just don't understand why guys like Bray are so low on the card. I get it's The Shield's storyline right now, but he wasn't even featured in Elimination Chamber.

They've done everything they can do with Bray Wyatt besides maybe feud with Orton as a heel. He's done a lot in the last couple year's. He's just not their main priority right now which is understandable, there's so much talent on the roster it's hard to give attention to all of them. Bray will be a focal point again in the future. No talent is going to be relevant at all times.

They've done everything they can do with Bray Wyatt besides maybe feud with Orton as a heel. He's done a lot in the last couple year's. He's just not their main priority right now which is understandable, there's so much talent on the roster it's hard to give attention to all of them. Bray will be a focal point again in the future. No talent is going to be relevant at all times.

I'm thinking the same because I notice that they tend to push back guys not in a focal point almost to mediocre. I think it could be done in better ways. Look at all those wasted title reigns that Edge, Triple H, Orton, and Cena had. Maybe some other guy could have been a transitional at those times.

Bray Wyatt needed to beat Cena and/or Taker but WWE never lets him have his big win at Mania then slowly builds him to the next. He is almost a part timer who is only used in big matches at Mania despite his high level of talent. His feud alongside his family against the Shield was one of the best feuds and matches in a while from the teaser in London to slow build to the This is Awesome chants at the staredown after the entrances WWE created magic in that feud and I think that Wyatt needs his family again to reach up the card again, whether it is Harper and Rowen or 2 other guys he cant be a cult leader without a cult. Give him 2 partners, a mic and big stage and this guy will shine. Have him by himself and losing and WWE are wasting someone who has the ability to be special/

Bray Wyatt needed to beat Cena and/or Taker but WWE never lets him have his big win at Mania then slowly builds him to the next. He is almost a part timer who is only used in big matches at Mania despite his high level of talent. His feud alongside his family against the Shield was one of the best feuds and matches in a while from the teaser in London to slow build to the This is Awesome chants at the staredown after the entrances WWE created magic in that feud and I think that Wyatt needs his family again to reach up the card again, whether it is Harper and Rowen or 2 other guys he cant be a cult leader without a cult. Give him 2 partners, a mic and big stage and this guy will shine. Have him by himself and losing and WWE are wasting someone who has the ability to be special/

If Bray Wyatt is such a high level talent, then why does he need two or more people along side him, and a big stage to shine? If he was truly as remarkable as some suggest, he could go it alone on any stage and he would be a star.

As it is, his gimmick as a cult leader, which wasn't in my opinion the best gimmick to have in the first place, is a failure. Look at what cult leaders do, they brainwash innocent people, and it usually ends up on the nightly news, when the whole lot of them are massacred. Is that really what the WWE wants to put out there in a PG world?

He has been booked horribly, but then I don't know how else he could have been booked. He's had feuds with the top stars in the WWE today, and none of it has made any difference. Wyatt is stagnating where he is, and keeping him the "New Face of Fear" isn't working, simply because of the fact, he ain't scaring anyone.

Since Mania he has had no notable feud of any kind, and they just don't seem to know what to do with him. The only thing left for him is to turn face. On a roster full of faces though what's he going to do. He's a top heel, they need heels and he's not being used so what does that tell you? it speaks volumes to me.

If Bray Wyatt is such a high level talent, then why does he need two or more people along side him, and a big stage to shine? If he was truly as remarkable as some suggest, he could go it alone on any stage and he would be a star.

As it is, his gimmick as a cult leader, which wasn't in my opinion the best gimmick to have in the first place, is a failure. Look at what cult leaders do, they brainwash innocent people, and it usually ends up on the nightly news, when the whole lot of them are massacred. Is that really what the WWE wants to put out there in a PG world?

He has been booked horribly, but then I don't know how else he could have been booked. He's had feuds with the top stars in the WWE today, and none of it has made any difference. Wyatt is stagnating where he is, and keeping him the "New Face of Fear" isn't working, simply because of the fact, he ain't scaring anyone.

Since Mania he has had no notable feud of any kind, and they just don't seem to know what to do with him. The only thing left for him is to turn face. On a roster full of faces though what's he going to do. He's a top heel, they need heels and he's not being used so what does that tell you? it speaks volumes to me.

WWE seem to not want to pull the trigger on Bray getting that signature win he desperately wins. Yes, he beat former World Champions Kane (Summerslam 2013), Bryan (Royal Rumble 2014) and Chris Jericho (Summerslam 2014) but those wins aren't special.

They didn't let him beat Taker (WM XXXI) and Cena (WM XXX) and those losses are remembered more than his big wins.

Maybe he cost Orton the MITB Briefcase and feud with Orton through Summerslam and get the big win, look at how Owens is looked at now after he beat Cena, Wyatt need those type of wins.

I mentioned this before. I had hoped the bump with kane last week would've opted the door to wyatt against the authority. No wyatt on Monday made me hold on to my hope that maybe they'll pick up on that Sunday as well as the message sent by Harper and Rowan about paying for their sins since it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.I'm hoping it meant the authority but I know creative wouldn't think like this and create kaos between the authority, the two shield guys and the wyatt family.
He's been booked horribly and undeniably in the most ineffective way. It's not his fault as much as creative but also mentioned before me is everyone can't get the spotlight at the same time

I think people need to relax on Bray Wyatt. His gimmick is virtually bulletproof, as it is very unique. He is just so over with the crowd ("fireflies" anyone?). Remember, there was once another "unique" gimmick that people also trashed years ago. It took a very special type of wrestler to have pulled it off. Mark Calaway was that man once. Windham Rotunda is that man today. Bray Wyatt, like the Undertaker before him, will become World Champion someday. Not in the immediate future, mind you. But, I would say in about 3 years.

I just don't understand people's negative perspective on Wyatt's momentum. He's had two years on the main roster. He's been to two Wrestlemanias against John Cena and The Undertaker. Did he win either? No, but they were definitely big matches and a lot of that was because of his ability as a villain.

What people forget is that when you win big time matches, the momentum needs to keep building. It has to go somewhere, but where was Wyatt going to go with the title picture like it is? Everyone wanted him to beat The Undertaker, but then what? Could you imagine being only the second man to beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and then go into that feud we just had with Ryback? If Wyatt beats Taker, then needs to go into the title picture and there were other plans.

What's the rush with this guy? Has no one noticed that the title picture is completely fresh? One day when things aren't clicking and WWE needs to shake up the scene, Wyatt's title win will be great. Things with Wyatt are fine. He's not a guy that needs to be around all the time.

I think Bray Wyatt should be Mr. Money in the Bank, but that's just me. I think it would make him the most dangerous character on the roster.

I think people need to relax on Bray Wyatt. His gimmick is virtually bulletproof, as it is very unique. He is just so over with the crowd ("fireflies" anyone?). Remember, there was once another "unique" gimmick that people also trashed years ago. It took a very special type of wrestler to have pulled it off. Mark Calaway was that man once. Windham Rotunda is that man today. Bray Wyatt, like the Undertaker before him, will become World Champion someday. Not in the immediate future, mind you. But, I would say in about 3 years.

People never trashed The Undertaker gimmick. He was golden from the get go. Bray Wyatt's gimmick is nowhere near the same and if they don't start putting him on TV regularly and soon, it's going to be hard for people to take him as seriously going forward.

Yeah, Wyatt has seemed to fall into a pit of irrelevancy at the moment as there is no discernible booking heading for him at the moment. There's seemingly a lot of blame to go around, but one thing that must be pointed to is the ambiguity with which the alignment of his character has been booked and then how that has been executed. I'll sound a lot like JR here, but how is it anything but confusing for the fans when a guy is being booked as a big deal heel but then is doing babyface stuff like acknowledging the hometown of the crowd prior to coming out and singing songs in the ring that get the crowd involved?

He's still young and has a lot of talent, but he does need some direction. There's about to be a lot of crowding at the top main-event level, so this would be a great time to give Bray a little character refresh (not revamping his character, just giving it a little change to get people to notice) and maybe have him get involved with one of the midcard titles.

Or maybe they could let him go back to NXT for awhile. Let him have a little feud with Finn Balor.

He's not over, and he hasn't been over at all. His gimmick WAS over, but that's gone, too. The inability of the real guy to maintain some heat with easily the most unique gimmick on the roster speaks volumes for how absolutely terrible he is.

The WWE gave Windham Lawrence Rotunda a million dollar gimmick and he shit all over it. It's actually quite sad, because the gimmick could have been something really neat in the WWE.

Fans get out their cell phones so they can join in on what's going on. They aren't followers of Bray Wyatt, no matter how many times Michael Cole or JBL try to say they are. It's just like people chanting "What" or "Yes, Yes, Yes". This is a crowd participation sport, and they are participating.

Wyatt is not over, if he was he would be on TV and in live shows more often. As a matter of fact he was just pulled from the upcoming Australia tour, along with Reigns, Rusev and Kane. Fans would be clamoring for him to be seen, and in this case the silence is deafening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back