• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braun Strowman: Roman Reigns continued solo push or re-alignment of the Shield

QBall111

Occasional Pre-Show
While Reigns looks to be getting a solo push, I started thinking with Ambrose returning to RAW, we might see the return of the Shield instead of Reigns getting another Vince approved push.

There are two scenarios for this: Strowman's dominant storyline or him joining with Samos Joe and Kevin Owens.

Honestly I would rather Reigns be part of the Shield again rather than is being forced to see him as the face of the show.

Who would Shield feud with though? New Day just went to SDL, The Club is scattered, Wyatt Family is scattered (and been done to death). One of the lame things about the Shield was the cavalcade of random three face or heel teams that came together to face them.

The best face Shield feuds were vs Evolution and vs Wyatts. The numbers of the Shield made sense. The Shield's last mania match was vs Corporate Kane and the New (old) Age Outlaws.

You could form a new Club with Finn. You could pair the Revival or another heel team with a top singles heel, maybe Braun. Then you're throwing people together to face The Shield.

When they bring the Shield back, they bring them back for a reason. Maybe a heel version of the Club is running wild. Maybe New Day turns heel and moves up the card. Maybe a new faction is formed with Miz at the helm and Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose can't handle them on their own.

Just because the three of them are on Raw doesn't mean they have to team up. Throwing them together now means you see Shield vs Miz/Strowman/Joe all the time. Do we want that?

The Shield will reunite, it won't happen in 2017, unless another faction rises. I'd say the tease the reunion ala the 2002 DX "return" when they teased it then Triple H turned on Michaels. I'd say Rollins or Ambrose are likely turning heel soon, most likely Ambrose.

Rollins and Reigns start teaming, Ambrose doesn't forgive Rollins easily for the initial betrayal, they come out in full riot gear, Ambrose turns on them and aligns with Strowman. We get Ambrose vs Rollins as a summer feud.

Reigns doesn't look to be getting a solo push, he's been in the midst of one continuous solo push since the Shield broke up. The only time in which said push was altered was last year when he failed a drug test as part of the WWE Wellness Policy; even then, he was still made United States Champion and probably suffered the least out of any Wellness Policy violator in company history.

Personally, I'd rather see Reigns reunite with the Shield but it's not gonna happen. Roman Reigns is who Vince McMahon wants to be THE bottom line top star of WWE and he's going remotely possible to see that happen. It's going to happen unless Roman Reigns really, really, really screws up in a way that's just too much for the company to ignore. Short of being a drug mule who gets caught, sexual assault or killing someone, Reigns will be the ultimate top guy in WWE one day because Vince McMahon wants it that way.

Nah, I'm not into a Shield reunion right now. They've still got things they need to achieve on their own first. Some would argue that they need to come back together because it was when they were at their best, which is probably true, but then you're just going backwards with three of your biggest stars.

I've read that Ambrose might be turning heel sometime in the summer. That would be interesting, and if so, there is no chance of a Shield reunion. An Ambrose vs. Rollins feud would be fun as a post above alludes too.

Reigns is going to the top whether you like it or not. There's no doubt about it. The Shield will return at a later point I'm sure, but not for a while.

3 Main event level guys vs Them in one cohesive unit. You want the first one on the booking / creative, and a business end. Those 3 have a past history with eachother and even interacting and pausing to smirk at one another after a few weeks of not being in the same segment / match gets a guaranteed fan reaction. There will be signs for ALL 3 of them at every RAW now. People are desensitized to Rollins vs Reigns, so now adding Ambrose to the mix helps you out a little bit to prolong that.

Eventually when that magic is gone, and the smoke is beginning to clear and the door to the enigma is running out of keys to try you'd best kick it down yourself. So here is where we're at now.

Strowman gets a monster push and it really doesn't have to derail Reigns. He pinned him after 2 spears and a whole lot more at the same PPV Owens got destroyed by Goldberg. Then every single week he's still been a pure monster. There have been plenty of situations like this where two people getting a push interact, and don't get derailed in the last 2/3 years.

Samoa Joe is on Raw, Owens is on Smackdown. I've not seen Jericho get a single legitimate "win" in against either of these. I don't picture him getting the title and going to Smackdown, then dropping it relatively fast. They're shooting the 2nd season to his web series, Fozzy has teased new music + touring, etc. near right after. There are really infinite scenarios when you have a guy who can flip an ambulance over, and the guy who just *retired* The Undertaker.

So Shield vs New Day. They're on Smackdown and Kofi had surgery and is still injured. It's been pushed and speculated Kofi would be pursuing singles competition or even gold. Considering Smackdown has MITB, and what not it's just not foreseeable. Different brand, Injury, Not having a lot of team momentum, etc. Wyatts are more than scattered, and honestly hardly even exist at this point. Bray already teased a feud with Balor, and after what I imagine would be Randy beating him 100% that's the follow up.

It's just not happening ANY time soon. 2018 I don't think it's too hard to see it, but as said 2017 is just not looking fit already in the first 1/4th of it for a Shield reunion. If it does happen it won't be anything long lasting or whatever. I imagine if they were going to pull it after next Mania and just run with it until it devolves into the Triple Threat Mania match people wanted for so long 2 years from now.

As already mentioned, now ain't the right time to reunite Shield. Roman Reigns is in main event, Seth Rollins in upper midcard and Dean Ambrose in midcard.

Keep these three off each other for a while. The moment Shield will reunite would become even much better. If we regularly see these guys together, that moment won't have the same effect.

Also, there ain't even handful opponents for Shield to reunite. I would love them together but not now. Maybe somewhere in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back