Bound For Glory in Cinemas

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
I was having a scan on the home page of WZ and came across an article about BFG being screened in cinemas across America.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/243084-stipulation-added-to-sting-vs-hogan-more-on-bfg-screenings
and original article http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...w-event-to-theaters-nationwide-131038628.html

This seems like a fairly innovative move on TNA's part and I'll be interested to know how well the selected cinemas do with their ticket sales. Seeing as certain theatre shows such as Phantom of the Opera are being shown via a live feed in cinemas, it seems like a logical progression.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

While I watching the history of Wrestlemania I came across the fact that the very first Wrestlemania was screened in theaters much like bound for glory will be. I doubt it will atract an abundance of new viewers but it is very creative on Tna's parts. Ticket sales maybe average at best but for IW any amiunt of new viewers is good.

Lot of boxing and mma fights do this already and it is pretty cool watching in a theater. But really it's only worth it if you got one or two ppl and it's cheaper to split it. I think it's a great option if u don't mind watching without food or beer and want to spend 18 not 40 bucks for a show

I like it, just wish BFG was playing in bigger cities, instead of small towns. The closest showing to me is 2 hours away :/

WWE used to do that in my area a few years back. I never went to a screening, but it sounds like a weird concept. You go see the show, crowd and everything, but aren't actually a part of it. It'll definably get fun if the people start chanting names, that's for sure.

I think this is a great idea. People will be more likely to purchase a cinema ticket than order a PPV. WWE has done similar things before and I wish more movie theaters participated in such events so that I could see a PPV on the big screen for myself. It would logically appeal to many fans due to being cheaper. You'd think this option were available at more theaters and happening more often.

I think this is a great idea. People will be more likely to purchase a cinema ticket than order a PPV. WWE has done similar things before and I wish more movie theaters participated in such events so that I could see a PPV on the big screen for myself. It would logically appeal to many fans due to being cheaper. You'd think this option were available at more theaters and happening more often.

I guess the drawbacks are a) ensuring you get a big enough audience in the cinema to warrant the streaming and b) the technology holding up and not crashing. (I went to the cinema to see a stand-up gig being broadcast to 50+ cinemas in the UK a couple years ago, whose cinema was the ONLY one not to get the feed? Dowds')

However the risks of the feed dying seem a lot lower even just a few years on so it will be interesting to see what the general feedback about the experience is.

You go see the show, crowd and everything, but aren't actually a part of it. It'll definably get fun if the people start chanting names, that's for sure.

It's not QUITE the same, but I went to see the Tony Jaa film 'Warrior King' a few years ago in a smaller independent cinema where it turned out 90% of the (granted, small) audience knew each other somehow and we all had an awesome night cheering the good guys and booing the bad guys. Same kinda principle really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back