• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Bound For Glory] Hulk Hogan v. Sting [No DQ Grudge Match]

Who wins?

• Hulk Hogan

• Sting

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Bound For Glory 2011
Hulk Hogan v. Sting
THE IMMORTAL BATTLES THE ICON

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bfg2.jpg

All discussion here.​

there is really only one way this can go and that's sting winning and dixie carter regaining control of the company.

This is not gonna be a pretty match and I for one am curious to see how this is going to play out. Im not excited to actually see this match but its piqued my interest because of the situation surrounding it, not the kayfabe control the company situation, but the reality of this situation is actually really interesting.

I'm intrigued by this match up because if the reports are to be believed, HOGAN LITERALLY CAN'T TAKE A BUMP! My question is, if you are literally not physically able to fall (take a bump), how in the blue hell can you expect to have a match? Literally anything you do in a wrestling ring involves your back, even if you get punched and fall, you still have a substantial impact on your back when you hit the mat. So with that in mind, Im curious as hell as to how they are gonna work this match without hogan taking any bumps.

I can see this going one of 2 ways. The first way (which I personally feel is the right way to go) is they pull a McMahon/Hart and have a complete abortion of a match that just serves to end the storyline and to ensure the safety of hogan (much like the wrestlemania match, which capped off the hart/mcmahon feud but had to be very safe to insure the health of bret). Fans may be upset, but in the big scheme of things, a mans well being is far more important than any match or any backlash that will result from a bad match. However this is Pro Wrestling, which has historically treated humans like a commodity, no matter the health repercussions of the performer. Which is why I think it will play out like this...

Hogan will throw caution into the wind (while avoiding any obvious high impact maneuvers because that would just be ******ed) and go out there and try to have a legitimate match with sting. Hogan takes a few small bumps (at great risk to his health) and gets put in the deathlock and immediately taps out. I fear this is where they are going to go with this match and I just have a sinking feeling in my stomach that we may see a man permanently crippled in the ring that night.

TNA will (after bound for glory) have complete disregard for the people they have under contract on their roster. ric flair took several bumps now he is in for surgery. flair is old never had to many surgeries yet he got hurt pretty bad. now Hogan is going to walk into the ring and the first bump he takes, well, that may be the end of the match. I am going to say i kinda hope that Hogan wins and doesn't take bumps cause don't want him in the hospital for another back surgery but he is asking for it. I strongly believe that sting will win the match and Hogan will go for another surgery or just die in the middle of the ring. very concerned yet at the same time Hogan is asking for it by actually getting into the ring, once again shame on TNA for allowing this to happen.

I really cant believe that there is no chance Hogan wins this match. The reason I say that is because wouldn't be a bit of a waste for Hogan to have a rare match just to lose?
Maybe it's because I'm a Hogan fan. Yes the logical outcome is Sting Winning and giving Dixie back the company. So is there any chance Hogan wins?

Update:

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10021111.shtml

TNA has announced that the Hulk Hogan vs. Sting match at Bound For Glory will be a no disqualification match. The announcement was made as part of a press release that TNA issued to hype that the show will be available in over 100 movie theaters across the United States. You can read the official press release at PRNewswire.com.

Powell's POV: I assume they are going the No DQ route so that they can have run-ins and let the duo take some shortcuts. Given their limitations, it's a smart move. For a full rundown of the theaters showing the pay-per-view, visit ScreenVision.com.

WHAT? HOGAN ISN'T RETIRING?

Seriously isn't this thread a spoiler, since the match isn't supposed to be confirmed yet, since the last we heard was that Hogan was retiring? Just confused I guess.

Anyway I think Sting will win and Hogan will vanish in the sunset but who knows it'S really hard to predict the winner of that match since it really depends on who stays and who goes, if they both stays or both goes and how they want to plan the future of the company.

I love to be able to watch a show without thinking of course this guy will get bury and that guy will go over.

Reactions: TLC
After watching the Juggalo Legends Show a while back... I look forward to Sting vs Hogan.

Two icons standing in the ring.... years and years of a wrestling rivalry... turns into... what?

I just like most people, probably want to see what's going to happen. I think Sting's going to win, it's the logical choice I guess. But I wouldn't overlook anything from Impact Wrestling.

As much as I would love to say Sting wins now that i have heard its a no dq match here is what i think is going to happen.... The numbers game will come into play and well as we have seen before The will jump Sting and hell lose due to this I am really hoping I am wrong and that Dixie Carter Regains control of TNA or and why I m thinking of it I want the 6 sided ring back to.

As much as I would love to say Sting wins now that i have heard its a no dq match here is what i think is going to happen.... The numbers game will come into play and well as we have seen before The will jump Sting and hell lose due to this I am really hoping I am wrong and that Dixie Carter Regains control of TNA or and why I m thinking of it I want the 6 sided ring back to.

I don't mean to be that mean so sorry if it comes out like this but... get over the 6 sided ring already, it's never coming back (ok never say never in wrestling) but Dixie got convince that a square ring is better and make it more serious and professional and I really don't think she's going to bring it back the day she regain control.

Here we are. All of us knew this was coming. I am just glad that it isn't for the world title. On paper this match between two legends at the biggest show of the year looks amazing. Too bad that how something looks on paper is not always what you are going to get. Sting is past his prime and Hogan shouldn't even be working a match. I am going into this match with low expectations so that I do not get disappointed like most people probably will.

Also, whoever the one person is that voted for Hogan has clearly lost their mind. That or they felt sorry for him or something. Sting will win because he still has a little left in his career whereas Hogan can't work a decent match anymore. If Hogan wins it is proof that he still has creative control. Don't hog the spotlight anymore, Hulk.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sting will defeat Hulk Hogan.

I would love to see and the end of this match, Jeff hardy to come and screw Hogan, and then cut a promo saying joining Hogan and Immortal was biggest mistake of hes career and that's why he screw up at victory road, also that hogan was bad motivator

I don't think this is going to be the best match on the card but it's the most anticipated match of the night. The atmosphere for this one is going to be electric and I just wish Hogan was donning the red and yellow to make it that little more special as a spectacle. Hogan can get the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand in a matter of minutes and it's obvious people want to cheer him. Seeing Hulk Hogan walk down a ramp in the red and yellow would cause any building to errupt and it's shame the fans haven't been given that opportunity. However I'm still looking foward to this and it should be a huge moment.

I know people are going to say the match will suck but I honestly don't care. Just seeing these two Icons make their entrance and then stare eachother down in the ring will be enough. If I could get live PPV over here, I would pay to see just that. That moment will be epic!

I want Hogan to win here so he can continue as the authority figure, but Sting winning and humbling Hogan (back to the red and yellow Hulkster) seems a little more likely. People want to cheer Hogan and I think this has to happen soon. I really can't call this one, anything could happen, but my gut feeling says Sting manages to somehow pick up to win.

Hogan and Sting are two of the greatest wrestlers ever. However, they're two guys I've never been all that into. I've found both of them to be pretty dull whenever I've seen them. The weird thing is, though, is that this is the match that has my attention the most. I'm curious to see whether Hogan can still go. I'm curious to see if both of them can work well even at the ages of 58 and 52. I'm curious to see the story they will tell, even though I've not been interested in the story Russo and co. have tried to tell in the build-up.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll bother to watch Bound For Glory. It's being shown for free here in the UK, but even then, I don't think I'd be able to stomach three whole hours of TNA. So even if I don't watch it, I'm still going to check out this match on YouTube. It's sure to be interesting, good or bad. Which means that I'll enjoy it either way.

As for the winner, who knows. Common sense would suggest that Sting wins. But this is TNA. TNA don't really do common sense.

Based on the rumor that Dixie is supposed to make an appearance at BFG, I'm gonna go with Sting getting the victory. As for the match itself I'm not expecting much being that Hogan is limited in what he can do.

I'm actually the one who picked Hogan to win. And I say this because Sting winning is too obvious.

I remember last year for BFG, there were very few who were convinced that Hardy would win the title. Everyone was between Angle and Anderson, as Hardy was kind of played as a third wheel in the major angle. Well, surprise surprise, Hardy turned, and won the title.

So far we've been led to believe that the fued is building up to BFG 2011, that Sting will win, Dixie will gain control, and all will be right with the world. I think they are aiming for a swerve by getting us comfortable with the idea of Hogan losing, and then pulling the rug out from under us, somehow. I suspect run-ins, weapons, etc;

Sting flat out wins since Sting is pro-Dixie Carter and I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up and screws over Hogan which would be great to see.

no chance in hell sting loses this match espically sense if hogan wins sting must retire hes not going anywhere anytime soon. honestly i dont care about this match i wont be watching it even though im gonna stream the ppv online for free (because i dont trust tna enough for me to shell out 50 bucks to watch it on ppv) so hopefully hogan loses and we see this fued end...also after BFG i expect joker sting to go away

I believe sting will win, even tho I voted hogan, they just make it seem like hogan has no chance of winning, which in tna we kno could very easily mean hogan will win...

On a side note, @ theneverendingnightmare, when was it announced if hogan won sting has to retire? I kno that was the stipulation in the sting/flair match, but I don't think there really is a stipulation for if hogan wins....

This match has the potential to bury the company.
Such a promising card issued by TNA this time around, and although Sting can still go, Hogan was done as a competitive wrestler in 2006.
TNA will give this match either the last or second last spot on the card, making it one of the main draws, and if Hogan takes ONE bump early, and lands awkwardly, the match could simply be over.
The two shouldn't meet, let alone on PPV.
This will be worse than Flair limping around the ring against Sting, and Hogan must lose, and never be seen on TNA again.

This is the match that I've been looking forward to the absolute least on the card. I just pray that it isn't what closes the show, although I have a sinking feeling that it will.

What I expect out of this match is a lot of punching and kicking from both guys. If anyone is on the receiving end of a steel chair or being rammed into the ring post or being slammed up against the guard railing or whatever, it'll be Sting. I expect this match to also be one mega cluster by the time it's all said and done. It's a No DQ match, so you know that Immortal is going to run out and help Hogan, which will bring tons of guys out from the back to help Sting. So, basically, you're going to have another huge, directionless brawl take place between half the locker room in an attempt to make this match entertaining. At least, that's what I'm betting will happen.

As to who will win, all signs point to Sting. Seeing as how he's the only one in this match still capable of delivering a competitive wrestling match, it makes perfect sense. He's also had the whole white knight thing going on when it comes to TNA. So, I'm going with Hogan for the win. Sting should win but I think Hogan will so that they can keep this thing going where he's still in charge of TNA for a while. I might be wrong, I hope I am as this is TNA's biggest show of the year and it's the perfect opportunity to put this latest in a long line of power struggle storylines to rest.

I see Hogan hiding behind someone while they beat the shit out of Sting then when Hogan enters the ring, he gets pinned right away. Only way I see this match happening without Hogan breaking a hip out there.

Where have you some of u worried about them main eventing been hiding? Hogan has stated during everyone of his interviews on espn/radio this week that Angle/Roode is going to be the main event. You don't have to worry about that. Relax, it's just a show, if u don't want to c that part leave the room, some of u people take this shit way too freaking seriously. If they can get extra buyers who don't follow them but saw hogan on espn and such this week good for them. Take it for what it is, it's not like they're maineventing for the title or anything like that. Some people actually DO want to see this "fight" whether u like it or not, having hogan around is a plus, U don't c anyone else getting on espn and all the other shows for their matches & plug a ppv do u? Jarrett was on espn earlier, but I guarantee ONLY because hogan was their earlier this week.

I didnt even think about the "match" since it really wasnt, and wasnt going to be. But after, i honestly thought it was well done, and i loved it! I dont wanna spoil anything, ill wait for someone to do that. But i can honestly say, it was fun and had me marking out for a bit. The Pop Hogan got when "it" happened was just amazing and gave me chills. So for what its worth overall, i liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back