• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booking Taker’s Last Match(s)

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
First Match: Survivor Series 1990
Last Match: Survivor Series 2014???

YES!! Why?
1)A traditional Survivor Series match would be best for an aging, and for all intents and purposes, a should already be retired Undertaker. He wouldn't have to do too much heavy lifting or carry the match.
2)It could lay the groundwork for a WM31 spot, regardless if Taker fights there or not.
3)It’s fitting. A good, succinct, beginning and end for him.

What?
Undertaker &The Wyatt Family vs. Sting & three younger babyfaces to be determined.

How?
For 4-8 weeks leading to SS, the Wyatts get more aggressive, indiscriminately attacking people on the roster, possibly even hijacking Raw at a certain point, and attributing it to “the devil", saying "the devil made me do it", only said more poetically the way only Bray can. Sting, being the veteran and locker room leader of sorts (and possibly an authority figure if he does become the Raw GM as was rumored a few months ago), leads the charge against the Wyatts to try to ease their strangle hold. “The devil” is the Wyatt’s mystery partner at SS…
Lights go out, a voice is heard. It’s a speech given by the one and only Deadman from 1999. http://youtu.be/XEOR3ppoY0E?t=1m42s (Give it a listen! It rings more true now than ever…) After an abridged version of that speech, the gong hits… he makes a long, drawn-out, elaborate, entrance. The match will tease Sting and Taker crossing paths, and Taker can give the rub and pass the torch to Bray. PERFECT! Taker can hit a few hit spots. To me, the match doesn’t have to end too definitively, or make either Sting, Bray, or Taker look weak. As long as it has a few memorable moments and sets up Sting vs. Bray Wyatt at WM31. (If Taker isn’t physically up for it by February/March.) Sting vs. Triple H would be just “eh” for me. Sting vs. Taker is a dream match that should be made just for the sake of history. Bray vs. Sting is my second best choice, and makes sense in it’s own right; Sting said recently that Bray is one of the only “interesting” characters in WWE today. I’m more about young vs. old than old vs. old, unless old vs. old is a dream match years, decades, in the making. Even if Bray loses to Sting at WM31 (and he should just so Sting can have his moment.), Bray will stilll go over for that match in the long run.

But, I think this is a very good, fantasy, scenario that could lead to either direction. Old vs. old, or young vs. old

If Undertaker is coming back for one last match than it absolutely has to be at Wrestlemania. I know the WWE call Shawn Michaels 'Mr. Wrestlemania', but I think we all know that Undertaker is really that guy.

And if Undertaker comes back for Wrestlemania than how about booking him against Brock Lesnar? I said at the time that Taker losing his streak had to happen, that he simply couldn't retire with it, and that losing it this year allowed him to retire next year with a victory. I also thought that the match he'd retire with would be getting his win back off Brock, a guy Taker genuinely seems to respect a great deal.

So, with all that in mind, does it not look like Brock is being set up as a guy who no-one in the WWE can take down? A guy no-one can handle? He's also the WWE Champion and so what happens if Cena can't beat him at Night of Champions? If no-one is able to beat him as we hit the Road to Wrestlemania and he turns into this Frankenstein monster that not even the Authority or Paul Heyman can do anything about?

Well you could have the dead man rise from the grave one last time to save the WWE, beat Brock Lesnar and retire as WWE Champion either at Wrestlemania or on the Raw after Wrestlemania.

That's how I'd book Undertaker's last match.

If Undertaker is coming back for one last match than it absolutely has to be at Wrestlemania. I know the WWE call Shawn Michaels 'Mr. Wrestlemania', but I think we all know that Undertaker is really that guy.

And if Undertaker comes back for Wrestlemania than how about booking him against Brock Lesnar? I said at the time that Taker losing his streak had to happen, that he simply couldn't retire with it, and that losing it this year allowed him to retire next year with a victory. I also thought that the match he'd retire with would be getting his win back off Brock, a guy Taker genuinely seems to respect a great deal.

So, with all that in mind, does it not look like Brock is being set up as a guy who no-one in the WWE can take down? A guy no-one can handle? He's also the WWE Champion and so what happens if Cena can't beat him at Night of Champions? If no-one is able to beat him as we hit the Road to Wrestlemania and he turns into this Frankenstein monster that not even the Authority or Paul Heyman can do anything about?

Well you could have the dead man rise from the grave one last time to save the WWE, beat Brock Lesnar and retire as WWE Champion either at Wrestlemania or on the Raw after Wrestlemania.

That's how I'd book Undertaker's last match.

Is Sting still coming? Maybe their setting it up for Undertaker to take on Lesnar with Sting in Taker's corner.

A difficult decision for any long time fan of the Undertaker.
Should he get revenge on Lesnar? Should he have one final epic battle with Kane?
Should his greatest nemesis Mankind return for final for them both? Or should he have the dream match with Sting? Or maybe take Kane away from HHH and the authority, setting a match up with HHH?
In my book, Taker is just as great as Hogan, Austin and the Rock and should be treated as so, and be rewarded for his unmatched loyalty to WWE.
I'd love to see the Undertaker return, not for just a cameo or 2 on raw and then a big PPV match.
Maybe he could make a return to raw and convince Kane to join him again, one last hurrah for the Brothers of Destruction. Let them rip through the WWE roster, destroying everyone in their path, similar to how they used to clear the ring when they wanted too. Have legends make appearances, Foley, Austin, Rock, HBK, anyone who he has feuded with, and leave them all beaten and broken, leave them all to Rest In Peace.
Let him take on and defeat WWE champ Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. Let it be well known that this will be his last match ever. Let the fans have one more look as the Undertaker drops to a knee and holds the belt up high, while his eyes roll back in his head and his tongue sticking out.

The next night on Raw honor his career and accomplishments. Fill the ring with superstars, past and present to honor him. And as the celebration draws to an end, the lights go out, and when they come back on, the WWE title lay where he was standing, the Undertaker has disappeared, only this time he's not ever coming back.

Well, either way it should be he goes out in a Casket match, and kind of like Royal Rumble 94, have that "casket cam" come on and focus on 'Taker, and have him say something along the lines of "I have accomplished everything I ever wanted here in the WWE. I have nothing to prove, nothing left to accomplish. My legacy and my spirit will forever be with you, the WWE Universe. I can now, finally, REST.......IN......PEACE."

I think we did see Taker's last match and honestly after the streak was ended by Brock Lesnar, there really is no reason for Taker to come back now is there? Taker has nothing left to prove and considering how old he is, the beating he took against Brock could have ended Taker's career quite figuratively in the sense that his neck could have been broken, or hell it could have been a whole lot worse so why have Taker go through all of that again by risking his health by coming back?

No I think WrestleMania 30 was Taker's last match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back