• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book v. Movie: The Wizard Of Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I'll admit first that I have not had the pleasure of sitting down and giving the full book a proper read. I had it in my possession once, and was only able to skim it briefly. I was able to see some of the differences between the book and movie, and will eventually giv eit a full reading.

In any case, I have to go the book, simply because a lot was changed for the movie, simply because of the timing of it. Color was just being introduced, so instead of having bejeweled glass slippers, we got ruby red slippers, and instead of getting a 10 year old fat Dorothy, we got a pretty 12 year old Dorothy.

I know things always get changed, but all of the things changed here were relatively important to the original story. Don't get me wrong though, I still love the movie, but as a stand alone, not as a copy of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back