• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Or Book: Emma/Clueless

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
For those of you that don't know, Clueless is based on the Jane Austen tale Emma. While the book is fairly old and dated, it's still a pretty good read, and surprised me. I had to read it as a part of my Novel & Film class in high school and figured it'd be a chick flick on paper. After reading it, I couldn't wait to see the movie Emma. That film version of the book was a serious letdown.

Not only was Clueless a better film, but it was closer to the book. I'm not afraid to admit that I watch it whenever it's on, and no, it's not because Alicia Silverstone is an under-rated hottie.

I still have to go with the book though. While the movie was good, it had to modernize most of the material, and to me, it can't be held in the same regard.

I hated Emma and Pride and Prejudice. Fucking shit. I'd rather read good books like To Kill a Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn.

But, to not completely shit on your thread, (which wasn't my intention..I swear :)) I liked the Clueless take more than Emma. Probably because they took the same concept of Emma and presented it in a style that I could actually appreciate. Not that I can't take the older books, I rather liked The Scarlet Letter. It's the way Jane Austen writes. I despise it.

Clueless > Emma. Because Turk was putting his woman in place in this film before he was ever a surgeon at Sacred Heart. <3

Grrr fucking Clueless, I hate it! It's another example of what I was talking about in the Let The Right One In thread. Let's take something perfect and remove all it's charm and intelligence, set it in America and replace the cast with morons and a cool soundtrack. Fuck Hollywood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back