The Wizard of Oz

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This movie is shown so rarely on television anymore that it's hard to remember that it really does have some charm to it. Next August will mark the 70th anniversary of this film's release, and while it wasn't even the greatest movie released that year, it is clearly one of the most remarkable works of film ever. This movie was before World War 2 for crying out loud.

So what I want to know is where does it rate in your opinion? Is it a true classic, is it outdated, or it one of those movies that is viewed as just right? FOr me, I used to not be able to stand it but as my taste for older movies has grown, this movie becomes more and more of a classic to me. There are next to no flaws in the plot, and the characters are perfect compliments to each other. It's been parodied as much as anything else, and is a full fledged classic.

I'd have to say it's a classic, that is viewed just right. I wouldn't say it's in my top 10 for greatest of all time, but it is a very well put together movie.

I also like that it isn't shown 800 times a year, because then it would lose it's charm and appeal. I find myself in July and August, saying "Wow...Wizard of Oz hasn't been on in forever...", and then when December rolls around, I'm like "Yes! Wizard of Oz owns!".

I haven't added this movie to my extensive collection for the same reason...

Great thread KB

actually have hated this film since I was a kid, but I can understand why certain people love it. But, it's just not for me. Way too corny and there's nothing in the film that I can take seriously or even find humorous. Not one thing.

And you know, thinking about it, after all the fucking "remakes" that has been taking place these past couple of years, I wonder why this has never been remade? It would obviously sale, and the actors and technology of today would no doubt make it better then the original quality wise, but for some reason... the only thing close to a remake this movie has seen was that shitty fucking The Wiz movie that had Michael Jackson in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back