Book This! - General Discussion

What's your problem? I've been nothing but nice to you.

My problem is the way you act on here..Not only do you act like a sore loser, but a little pervert too, and there's one thing I hate and that's when people go to someone's parents/children when they're fighting a losing battle, it's disgusting.

Quick question, and this is open to you all so everyone feel free to answer.

How many of you, when reading a Book This thread, read the matches? I've been training to become a professional wrestler for a while now, so the matches are pretty important to me and I put a lot of effort into the matches I write to try and tell a story. But even I am guilty from time to time of just skimming matches in others threads, so I was wondering if maybe I should shorten and generalize my matches a bit more. Because honestly my matches are what take me the longest. The promo's and everything else are just off the top of my head and come naturally, but I literally map out the matches in my head and if no one even reads them, I might as well save myself the time.

So who reads the matches? Would I be better off with shorter matches? I would be able to turn out shows quicker. I'm done with my second RAW, besides a few of the main events.

I agree. If it's a TV match, I'll only read it if it really, really interests me. I generally recap the match and then write the ending out in full, so there is a bit of match to read amongst all the promos and I'll generally put plot points near the finish anyway. I usually only read PPV matches.

Agree with Peep. Shorter matches for TV with finish described. PPV matches in full. More detail in the main events whether it's PPV or TV.

I'm one of the few who always reads TV matches. I think having a long TV match once in awhile can be great for example a title match or you want two guys to just go put on a show. But short matches are fine too as long as there is enough detail to still get the feeling of how long the match was and what happened.

GCB, When can we expect the BT! Factor results up? Very curious to see who gets eliminated, I think it could be anybody honestly.

Have been on holiday this week, forgot to mention they'd be delayed. Hopefully tonight. Maybe tomorrow ... (I'll find my way home! Stereophonics link there!)

The Kid is back.

And nobody reviewed my shit.

*stabs Bocaj*

Better.

I've read your WWE 13 WrestleMania show, just not had time to feedback yet. It's an excellent read. I will feedback at some point. Just don't understand the need to have a post per match. It's supposed to be posted in as few posts as needed.

I didn't know that was the rule here. I've been writing wrestling fiction for awhile and have been used to separating it per post for neatness.

I didn't know that was the rule here. I've been writing wrestling fiction for awhile and have been used to separating it per post for neatness.

I think it is a rule here. Mind you, there are no mods venturing in here so I doubt it is an issue. Most of us try to post it all in one post (or as few as possible where the show needs more to fit in).

EDIT: Yep, it is in. http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=78676

Surprised I got through to be quite honest, cheers to everyone who voted for me :D

Congrats to Hollywood Nightmare and #1 Peep too, looking forward to writing this promo!

A show in one post feels so cluttered and unattractive to posters. It also slows down the speed of Feds, because people have to finish their whole show before posting. Instead of just posting how they move. It slows down the whole section.

It's a rule, I get it. I'm just stating some feedback that I feel needs to change.

Surprised I got through to be quite honest, cheers to everyone who voted for me :D

Congrats to Hollywood Nightmare and #1 Peep too, looking forward to writing this promo!

And Theo?! :D

A show in one post feels so cluttered and unattractive to posters. It also slows down the speed of Feds, because people have to finish their whole show before posting. Instead of just posting how they move. It slows down the whole section.

It's a rule, I get it. I'm just stating some feedback that I feel needs to change.

As a reader, if I read a show that was incomplete, I'd be naffed off to be honest. I think you can unclutter a show in one post by posting a clear break without resorting to a new post. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a stickler for the rules or anything, I'd just rather see a whole show. I guess different readers have different opinions. Feedback posted for you.

Hey guys, I'm new here and was just wondering about the BTB section here. Is it OK to write Spoiler type results, ie Del Rio comes out. He says.......He then says......However, he says......Or do we have to write full shows?

Hey guys, I'm new here and was just wondering about the BTB section here. Is it OK to write Spoiler type results, ie Del Rio comes out. He says.......He then says......However, he says......Or do we have to write full shows?

It's fine but I think you need more than just something like "Del Rio comes out. He says he loves Mexico. He says Jack Swagger has no chance of beating him at WrestleMania" to get the readers involved in your show. I think it is about finding a balance. Check out a few shows in here already and see what you think you can manage. Oh, and welcome!

It's fine but I think you need more than just something like "Del Rio comes out. He says he loves Mexico. He says Jack Swagger has no chance of beating him at WrestleMania" to get the readers involved in your show. I think it is about finding a balance. Check out a few shows in here already and see what you think you can manage. Oh, and welcome!

Nah, I'm not gonna do quick promos like that, I'm gonna do longer proms than that :p Another thing, I wouldn't write full matches either. I just don't have the time :) Oh, and thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back