• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bobby Lashley leaving TNA for Strikeforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Reportedly from an interview with Sherdog.com, Lashley said that if he were offered a full-time deal from Strikeforce, that he'd leave TNA.

"If it does come to a point where you have to choose, then I'll have to sit back and talk with my family. I want to fight," Lashley said. "TNA is at the understanding where they know my dedication with fighting. If (Strikeforce CEO Scott) Coker comes back and says you have to quit wrestling, then we'll have to cross that bridge."

TNA is reportedly in the know regarding his contractual status, and where his "heart" lies, but I'd have to ask if it'd even matter if he left? It's not like we're talking about losing Kurt Angle here... In my opinion, Bobby had his cup of coffee, provided the cheap pop he was worth, and at this point he's just a guy collecting a paycheck to show up once or twice a month to work a decent match and walk off. It's not as though the mid-card in TNA is so weak that they actually need him, is it?

So honestly, would anyone care if he left?

What has Lashley actually done in TNA to this point, aside from get a healthy pop at his PPV debut, and then move from feud to feud with no real build or payoff like his "feud" with Rhino, and his "feud" with Joe?

Lashley hasn't done anything. I do like him better in TNA then he was in WWE but he is still crap. The guy doesn't give a damn about wrestling or TNA and it shows. He could easily leave TNA tomorrow and it wouldn't hurt a thing. His feuds with Joe and Steiner aren't bad but they aren't anything to write home about either. He is just another big man with no charisma or talent just brute strength.

He may go to Strike Force, whatever that is, gain some success and end up nowhere. I seriously doubt he will ever reach the UFC. He will probably be in limbo for a few years and decide he needs to come back to wrestling, but then it will be too late. If people don't care about him now, just imagine in a few years if he takes a hiatus. No one will give a damn about him in the future if he leaves wrestling again for a second time.

Hot damn I hope so. TNA is not using him properly at the moment and he is to much of good talent to not pass up on by Strikeforce. His fight career is much more promising right now then his wrestling career and I hope he realizes that before he wastes to much of his time wasting away in TNA. I like TNA but they have so far screwed the pooch on this one. Lashley to Strikeforce is what I wanna see and fast.

I prefer watching Lashley in mma more than pro wrestling anyway. He should focus on fighting right now and return to wrestling after he retires. I'll be surprised if Bobby or Brock compete in mma into their 40's, so both should be young enough to still do pro wrestling afterwards.

Lashley hasn't done anything. I do like him better in TNA then he was in WWE but he is still crap. The guy doesn't give a damn about wrestling or TNA and it shows. He could easily leave TNA tomorrow and it wouldn't hurt a thing. His feuds with Joe and Steiner aren't bad but they aren't anything to write home about either. He is just another big man with no charisma or talent just brute strength.

He may go to Strike Force, whatever that is, gain some success and end up nowhere. I seriously doubt he will ever reach the UFC. He will probably be in limbo for a few years and decide he needs to come back to wrestling, but then it will be too late. If people don't care about him now, just imagine in a few years if he takes a hiatus. No one will give a damn about him in the future if he leaves wrestling again for a second time.

You can tell you don't know what you are talking about. MMA isn't like pro-wrestling. UFC is the big stage, but doesn't mean he can't make money else where. I think he is good enought to make into the UFC, but I think Strikeforce is going to benifit from Lashely. Plus, they have the number one heavywieght to put him against. That right there could earn him a pretty big payday. And if he actually stops Fedor he would be a shoe in for the UFC who currently can't stand the fact Fedor is in Strikeforce and doesn't like Strikeforce period.

Honestly, I think he should leave TNA and do his think in MMA. And to say he doesn't give a crap about wrestling is complete BS. He came back because he enjoys the fans and the biz all around. He could have easily stayed with MMA and make money too.

I honestly don't think Lashley is anything special. Yeah, he's a good wrestler, but damn is he boring, he's got zero charisma. I really don't care what they do with em, although I think he shouldn't be main event status because he really hasn't proven that he's up there with the rest of the main eventers.

I'd care if he left, because I really like how he's been used. The short angle with Samoa Joe resulted in a solid PPV match, and this feud with Steiner looks to be promising.

I know his future is in MMA, but he can at least give his time in TNA some effort, and work some angles until something full-time does come along for him. I guess the "silver lining" is that MMA companies might not be extremely interested, considering he is also an active professional wrestler.

I really don't think this situation is nearly as close to Bobby leaving TNA as the OP, or the report, would make it out to be. All the guy said was that if he had to choose, he'd go with Strikeforce over TNA. I'm pretty sure no one's forced him to make this decision yet, and that he seems to be balancing his schedule fairly well right now. I mean, the guy could never work a champion's schedule, but we all knew that when he signed on to TNA.

Look, as much as Bobby loves MMA, do you think if dixie told him he was about to work a program with TNA (A likely scenario, and one I actually wouldn't mind seeing for Hulk's introduction to TNA), that he'd turn down that much of a payday? Bobby may love Strikeforce, but he hasn't been forced to make his choice yet, and I don't feel this is going to become a major issue until Lashley takes more prominent matches in Strikeforce. Until then, this is pretty much a non-story for me.

You can tell you don't know what you are talking about. MMA isn't like pro-wrestling. UFC is the big stage, but doesn't mean he can't make money else where. I think he is good enought to make into the UFC, but I think Strikeforce is going to benifit from Lashely. Plus, they have the number one heavywieght to put him against. That right there could earn him a pretty big payday. And if he actually stops Fedor he would be a shoe in for the UFC who currently can't stand the fact Fedor is in Strikeforce and doesn't like Strikeforce period.

Honestly, I think he should leave TNA and do his think in MMA. And to say he doesn't give a crap about wrestling is complete BS. He came back because he enjoys the fans and the biz all around. He could have easily stayed with MMA and make money too.

I don't think you know what you're talking about during that rambling incoherent misspelled post of yours. Anyways, if Lashley stays or goes that's fine. It may be better for him and who knows, he may make it big. You can't sit there and tell me though if the opportunity arises that Lashley won't go to Strikeforce. I could care less if he does or doesn't go.

All I'm saying is if he was given the opportunity earlier to join Strike Force or UFC, then he wouldn't of thought twice about joining TNA. Saying he loves the business and the fans is irrelevant because we know he loves MMA more. That's not a bad thing but if it doesn't work out there, I don't think he can successfully come back to the wrestling business with the same impact he had before. What little impact he did have of course.

Lashley isn't a big star like Lesnar where if Lesnar wanted to, he could come back to wrestling and Vince or Dixie would welcome him. All I'm saying is if he wants to go that route fine and best of luck but the main reason he joined TNA was because of their schedule and publicity so he could attract UFC and promote MMA. Not a bad thing but you can't fully be apart of two organizations at once, so one of them will ultimately have to go, which is TNA.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if the guy left. It's pretty clear that TNA isn't going to do anything that's all that significant given the fact that MMA is his true passion. I don't know what it what that finally clued in Dixie Carter that meant that TNA was little more than a side project for Lashley. But, she finally got the memo and is just putting him in random, non-interesting feuds that last about a few weeks to a month before he moves on. In my opinion, Lashley was used much better in the WWE.

If the guy decides to stay, I don't think I could care less at this point. Lashley's just a channel changer for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back