• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bobby Lashley Is (Dare I Say It) Interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Yes...You heard me right. X even said it himself.

Bobby Lashley has been very interesting since debuting on Impact a few weeks ago, and worked a hell of a match against Joe on Sunday. Tonight, he wasn't in the ring, but we got to see Steiner work with Lashley's wife on-screen, so Lashley came out and attacked him, and then took off to the back.

Lauren chased him down, apologizing for Steiner's actions, and Lashley cut a short convince-able promo. It created an interesting feud with Steiner, and if both men keep up with everything they've done lately, this could be exciting to watch.

Yeah, the last two weeks I've been able to say something about Lashley that I've never been able to say about him before; he entertained me. I know, I was as shocked as anyone else, especially considering how hard I blasted him all over this board when he was in the WWE (one of my first big threads was entiteld "Lashley: Ratings Killer?" I believe).

He had me interested last week on Super Impact simply because the stretcher match was just a good old fashioned brawl, which can be very entertaining if done right, and his match with Joe at BFG was surprisingly good. That match sounded so fucking terrible, yet both Lashley and Joe were able to put on some good work in the limited time they had out there. The ending to the match was weak, but you can't fault Lashley for that, he's not the booker.

When he came out tonight to brawl with Steiner after Scott was all over his wife, for some bizarre reason, had me entertained as well. I really couldn't tell you why, but having him just come out there and be a bit of a badass was refreshing to see. I think Lashley could make a very good heel if he decides he wants to stick with wrestling over MMA, because frankly his face character is one of the biggest issues I've had with him the past. He was so unbelievably bland as a face in the WWE, it really astounded me.

I'm actually interested to see how this develops between Steiner and Lashley. I thought Steiner was on his way out of TNA, but if he sticks around I'd like to see what he could do with Lashley. He could teach the kid about some real wrasslin' suplexes!

When he came out tonight to brawl with Steiner after Scott was all over his wife, for some bizarre reason, had me entertained as well.

There's a few reasons that Steiner would be all over Kristal. First, it's not like she's terribly unattractive. Using her on camera isn't a terrible idea, just don't turn her into Sharmell. Second, Scott just got done saying he won't put anyone over, and is a true main event talent. It shows he has a huge ego, and can do whatever he wants. Why not go for the new guy's attractive wife? Considering they're both freakishly huge, it could work as a nice power match, especially if Steiner can throw a few suplexes along the way.

yeah ill admit lashley is interesting but i just gotta add in my 2 cents

IF SOME FREAKISHLY HUGE DUDE WAS MESSIN WITH MY WOMAN I WOULDNT BE SMILING WHEN I RAN DOWN THE RAMP TO CRUSH HIM

just a thought had to say it

yeah ill admit lashley is interesting but i just gotta add in my 2 cents

IF SOME FREAKISHLY HUGE DUDE WAS MESSIN WITH MY WOMAN I WOULDNT BE SMILING WHEN I RAN DOWN THE RAMP TO CRUSH HIM

just a thought had to say it

When you're the size of Lashley, you can smile about what you're about to do to him. I know I'd be pretty sure that I'm going to kill the man. No matter what size he is. The segment as a while worked, and a little detail like that is very easily overlooked. The main part you get out of that is that Steiner crossed the line, and Lashley is going to beat his ass.

The reason you are interested for the first time is that TNA lets talents be talented like they should not bashing WWE but they just don't do what TNA does in that way so I am very happy Lashley is with TNA and i can not wait for his next feud.

Lashley has been tolerable for me, minus when he talks. He can be better and good imo but never great. Joe vs Lashley was ok at best so I cant imagine how Lashley vs Steiner will be even ok. I will wait and see though, I have no problem giving him a lil more time.

My hope? I pray Lashley's wife is absolutely BRILLIANT on the mic so he can stick to wrestling, where he excels, and she does the talking. That way I never have to listen to another of his boring ass, monotone promos again. When they had Lashley and Dixie Carter do that sit-down interview, it did anything but make me excited about the guy debuting in TNA. Ugh!

I'm liking this feud and and looking forward to Steiner cutting a promo claiming that Big Poppa Pump is looking to make Krystal one of his "freaks".

I agree he is very interesting now that he's not being presented as the mega face of the promotion that was his downfall in WWE they tried to push him too fast and not alot of people were aware of who the hell he was when he faced Umaga at Wrestlemania 23. I think the best direction for his character from here would be a heel turn he could be a great heel just based on how the crowd has been reacting to him he could have a rocky maivia becoming The Rock type of turn. It appears that Angle is turning face and I don't think Nigel is over enough with the crowd to take his spot but imagine Lashley as an unbeatable heel that would spark alot more interest into the TNA product.

I agree, Lashley is interesting, I actually was glad to see him appear in TNA, I cheered when he came out and attacked Joe during the riot. I cheered even harder when he beat the fat cunt at Bound For Glory.

Lashley is one of the good points of TNA, I hope they make the most of him and MMA doesnt detract too much from his career.

I dunno, Bobby Lashley just doesn't really do it for me. I guess part of that has to do with how much TNA has hyped the shit out of him for months and months and, in my view, what we've gotten so far is another big name, or at least semi-big, overlyhyped by TNA.

Lashley looks great, no question about that, and I don't doubt his legitimate skill as a wrestler. But, the guy just doesn't make me want to tune in. TNA's put him into random matches primarily thus far that there was no way he was going to lose and Scott Steiner is just another one of those. He's supposedly on his way out soon from what I hear. But, even still, I'm not all that much into Steiner either. When someone isn't able to bend over to lace up their boots or has to go through a practical ritual to get into a car, it's long past time to call it quits anyway.

I just don't look for Dixie to put Lashley into anything meaningful in TNA. For some odd reason, she's only now figuring out that TNA is just a side project for Lashley, something to collect a paycheck in between MMA bouts. In preparing for an MMA fight, Lashley will be away from TNA for at least several weeks, maybe longer, in training.

Lashley just doesn't have that it factor for me. Maybe he'll grow on me with time, but I couldn't really care less right now.

My hope? I pray Lashley's wife is absolutely BRILLIANT on the mic so he can stick to wrestling, where he excels, and she does the talking. That way I never have to listen to another of his boring ass, monotone promos again. When they had Lashley and Dixie Carter do that sit-down interview, it did anything but make me excited about the guy debuting in TNA. Ugh!

I'd usually agree about his promos, but the segment last week worked well for him. You could tell he was pissed off at what happened, and you knew that there was going to be hell to pay. Sure it wasn't on the level of Foley, Nash, or Angle, but you have to walk before you run...

Lashley is one of the good points of TNA, I hope they make the most of him and MMA doesnt detract too much from his career.

^^ This.

The character is working well, and this feud with Steiner could launch him to superstardom. If, he doesn't let MMA get in the way. This feud could be a long angle, with him coming out on top, and being closer to the title, or it could be short, booked in a hurry, and force fed to us within a month because he has a match coming up.

I hope this means he's avoiding MMA for the time being, or at least doesn't let it interfere.

This looks like it could be a really good feud, especially with what Steiner was able to do at BFG. Two big 'ol hosses beating each other up. should be an easy one to book. Steiner aint bad on the mic. yeah i know its Yell yell yell, freaks, holler if you hear me, but i liked how last night when he called matt morgan mike morgan, he was able to work off of it and seemed genuinely angry that Lauren corrected him. This will be a good one.

While I don't like Steiner, I'll admit the man is one hell of heel. Lashley has been very impressive as of late. I wasn't expecting much from the match between him and Joe at BFG, but man was I wrong. This feud between Steiner and Lashley could be something worth watching. I mean It's not like Lashley is going to have to go out there, and cut amazing promos. Steiner is hitting on the man's wife, that should be more than a good enough premise to get a feud going.

He didn't have much to do tonight, but damn...He really sold it. He had the match with Ey, and clearly dominated most of it, before Steiner came out and attacked him...Wearing a shirt with Bobby's wife emblazoned on the front of it.

Lashley is continuing his upward climb, and there's really no better person for him to work with right now than Steiner, and I can't wait to see the blow off to the feud.

What I think is great is that TNA is actually utilizing TWO talents extremely well in this angle. Not only does it provide Lashley a perfectly appropriate next-step in his TNA run, it also puts Steiner in a program that works for him as well. When was the last time anyone could actually say Steiner was all that interesting either? And, surprisingly, now he is!

If done properly, Lashley vs. Steiner could really turn into a monumental feud. It reminds me of Rick Rude going after Jake Roberts' wife, Cheryl. That became one of the greatest rivalries in either man's storied careers. This one is already moving in that direction. It can only give both men's career a much-needed push in the right direction.

Eh, I dunno, man. I never got what was so "big" about Lashley, other than his actual build.

The guy sounds like a nine-year old pre-pubescent girl on the mic. He's got as much fire in his throat as a water canon. Hearing him "talk tough" always cracks me up, because I just can't imagine anyone fearing his words, simply because of the pitch they come out at.

I don't mind Lashley as an upper-mid-carder, but the feud with Steiner is OK, but I don't see much longevity with it, or with Lashley in general.

He's been shuffled too much lately from feud to feud. The Joe feud was ridiculously short, IMO, as was his "feud" with Rhino.

Lashley may be the most interesting he has ever been, but that isn't really saying much. The problem with him is that he is a liability due to his MMA concerns. You could never rely that he won't get injured nor that he wouldn't be unavailable while training for a proper fight.

As for his current feud, and why its making him interesting, is that it involves his wife. Scott Steiner's behaviour is bringing out an emotionality in Lashley that we have never seen before. I think that this sort of feud helps to build Lashley to a level where he is good for one off feuds whenever he is around, which is exactly what TNA need him to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back