Bob Ryder's Impromptu Q&A Highlights from 'the Lunatic Fringe'

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Bob Ryder popped up on TNA Mecca/Lunatic Fringe and did an impromptu Q&A here are highlights from the comment section (his username: brydertna)

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/05/tnamecca-presents-chat-may-4-2015.html#disqus_thread

- W-1 agreement is over, no falling out just end of the deal signed.

- They are working with AAA again, could be doing some shows soon although not cast iron.

- Six sided ring has been tweaked, much easier to work in now

- Xplosion could make a return to US shores but they have to make it into an actual show unlike the syndicated version which went out before and then they'd have to pitch it to Discovery.

- They are talking to another japanese promotion

- Possibly returning to New York later in the year.

- New Arrivals will happen between now and Slammiversary

- Favourite bad gimmick was The Dupps (family who were in an incestous relationship), which was a Jerry Jarrett idea not Vince Russo.

- The Johnsons were going to have pubic hair round their necks but were talked out of it.

- One AAA guy will be making an appearance over the course of the tapings.

- Were interested in bringing in AR Fox but a lot in the company were not impressed with the way he was unprofessional with Gabe Sapolsky

- Big fan of Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano when it comes to independent talents. (No that doesn't mean they're interested)

- NXT talent do stop by backstage quite a bit, notably Bram's wife as Full Sail is near by.

- Working to put somethings together for 2nd half of the year in regards to house shows. They have holds in August and September on buildings, and are looking at an international tour in October or November. Will be busy.

- KOTM match will not happen a lot of people including Dixie herself couldn't stand it, too complicated for newer viewers.

- Mid card title possibly being brought in as the general feeling its needed for quite a number of guys who are very talented.

- Looking forward to working with Billy Corgan bringing in the same old faces writing a wrestling show can be very tiresome. He brings a fresh and exciting perspective.

- Moved to the Asylum because that was when Health South went under, the first show in the Asylum was them in Survival Mode before Dixie bought the company in October 02.

- Could tour Europe twice a year instead of once.

- Dave Meltzer was not invited to the conference call yesterday, understands he was not very happy about it, Gail Kim and a couple of others literally burst out laughing at his story yesterday.

- Was not crazy about the ladder being used in Ultimate X recently as it undermines the gimmick, but at the same time how else would EC3 have got up there to try and grab it considering his arm brace? Tyrus wasn't tall enough.

Correcting a bit of fiction. Talent received their June dates (including the June 28 Slammiversary date) back in early April. #StandUp
— Bob Ryder (@brydertna) May 7, 2015

Dave Meltzer reported TNA talent only found the date online, not true they were told in April.

:lmao:what will they say next? Talent still waiting for BFG pay?

Getting more hyped for the tapings. Anyone think there is a slight chance the other Japanese promotion is NJPW? I know their relationship has not been good in the past but business is business. I do not follow that area but from what little I know it is NJPW and then all the others.

I agree with this though 'El Patron vs. Angle is a legit ppv main event.' how do you guys feel about what Bob Ryder is saying?

It's a lot of promise, but it's also a lot of promise talk.

AR Fox impressed me when I last saw him at a live DragonGate iPPV. Not sure what issues he's had with Sapolsky, but both Cole and Gargano are money. I'd love to see both in TNA, especially Gargano.

Sounds like that sky is falling shit was shit. A dirt sheet gets dirt wrong!? Color me surprised.

Some points that caught my interest from Ryder Q and A.

Like the previous person said, a lot of talk than anything else.

They don't need to add anymore talent. It is starting to get pretty bloated again.

Of course if a guy like Adam Cole wants to work in TNA, you welcome him with open arms but he never wants to work in TNA so what's the point of Ryder even namedropping him?

With Japan, seems like the rumor was working with a company called Big Japan.

What's the point of working with AAA? Either start working with them or stop the teasing. I also don't see the necessity of it.

KOTM stunk. Can't think of one good match that ever produced. Good riddance.

TNA wants to work with AAA, because media companies ignore the quickly growing Hispanic market to their own peril. Working with a well-established promotion like AAA hopefully gets them some crossover viewers.

To that extent though, I don't see why AAA would need to work with TNA. AAA doesn't have much programming within the United States that they could hope to gain crossover viewers from, and they don't gain anything that they don't already have by working with TNA. This would serve to explain the constant teasing; TNA wants a deal, and they're constantly talking it up, but AAA hasn't been given a reason to make that deal. It's not that working with TNA is "bad", but there's no reason to do it if you don't get something tangible out of it.

There might be some kind of very limited talent trading, but I don't see much sense in any kind of co-promotion deal.

TNA wants to work with AAA, because media companies ignore the quickly growing Hispanic market to their own peril. Working with a well-established promotion like AAA hopefully gets them some crossover viewers.

To that extent though, I don't see why AAA would need to work with TNA. AAA doesn't have much programming within the United States that they could hope to gain crossover viewers from, and they don't gain anything that they don't already have by working with TNA. This would serve to explain the constant teasing; TNA wants a deal, and they're constantly talking it up, but AAA hasn't been given a reason to make that deal. It's not that working with TNA is "bad", but there's no reason to do it if you don't get something tangible out of it.

There might be some kind of very limited talent trading, but I don't see much sense in any kind of co-promotion deal.

This is literally the reason why I think they might do it — especially coming out of the Corgan interview where he was talking about TNA wanting a developmental. Developmental will take a while, so why not partner with another company in the interim, even if it's a short-term basis, where you can borrow and lend talents that need fresh audiences?

I mean, I believe they had a deal years back that worked like this. In fact, I think it was with AAA, no? I remember Abyss, Jarrett and others going to work in Mexico for months, not being seen on television in the states. TNA usually got World Cup tag teams and individual performers to act as new talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back