Boardwalk Empire Spam Discussion

jmt225

Global Moderator
Season 3 starts tonight. For those not caught up to this point, be forewarned about spoilers for seasons 1 and 2 in my next paragraph(s) and throughout this thread.

Anyways, they killed off my favorite character for the finale last season, and while that was a low blow, this show still has too many great characters to just marinate on one's death. I'm very curious to see how my man Richard reacts to Jimmy leaving, and of course there's also Van Alden, whose character could go in a million different directions at this point (though I think he will be killed off sometime this season). I'm also curious to see what they do with Chalky.

The supporting cast of characters for this show are simply unreal, and Steve Buscemi at the helm of it all only it makes the show that much more awesome. But, I still think killing off Jimmy was a mistake.

Like Jimmy as we may, it took balls for Terry Winter and company to kill him off. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

I think the 2nd season is perhaps the best follow-up season I've seen as every episode had at least 1 or 2 great "oh shit!" moments that had me jonesing for the next episode.

Peggys transformation was intriguing and I think the 3rd season will be a big one for her.

I hope Richard sticks around for a while, but given what happened to 2 of his closest friends I don't hold out much hope for him. If he gets involved with Manny in some way though, that would be interesting.

Fuck knows what will happen with Van Alden now but I wasn't too fond of his role in season 2, something about it just didn't click though perhaps with so many other things going on that had an effect.

It looks like I'll be a bit delayed in keeping up as it doesn't air here until Saturday the 29th.

Well, the season opener was great. Richard is just so fucking awesome and bad ass. I loved when it he put a bullet through that fuck's head. I wish he could get to Thompson, but of course there's no chance of that happening anytime soon.

The scene with Van Alden in the flower shop stole the show though. That was brilliant. It looks like he's about to enter the Chicago mob scene... him vs. Al Capone should end up being a lot of fun to watch.

And this Gyp fellow... I bet he's going to be a riot all season long. What a big fucking mouth on him. I sat there stunned when he ran everybody down, but it was hysterical at the same time.

This season has been pretty good, but not great.

This show suffers from having too many fucking characters and giving way too much time to the most uninteresting character on the entire show: Margaret. Chalky, Capone, Richard, Val Alden... all these guys get very limited time, yet they're easily the best part of the show. And they're only adding more and more characters to the show. They really need to get a handle on that.

That said, last week's ending was tremendous. If the show lasts for a while, and he actually gets some decent screen time, I think this will end up being the best portrayal of Bugsy Siegel that's ever been fictionalized, just like I believe this show has done with Al Capone. But, again, it all suffers from having too many characters and not giving the GANGSTERS enough screen time, despite being a gangster show.

Well don't get your hopes up for change, jmt. Methinks the Catholic guilt is coming back HARD next week.

Tonight's episode was fantastic, and next week's looks absolutely epic.

When this show is good, only Breaking Bad can touch it out of all the shows currently on television. You have to be really patient all throughout the season for it to build up to this point (just like season 2, when that finale was one of the greatest hours of television ever), but man... it is worth the wait. Very much looking forward to next week.

I've been waiting for one of these threads to pop up for a while.

Yes, Jimmy was my favourite character also.

Right now, it's probably Gyp Rosetti. Terrific actor (well, they all are, and obviously don't know his name, just know that he was in The Other Guys) and you just don't know what he's going to do next. The guy's one ruthless motherfucker. I also like Richard, loving that he's found something to live for after what he almost did last season. Yes, spoiler stylishly dodged there.

Does anybody else think that the bloke who acts as (yes, don't know his name too) Rothstein looks a lot like Joaquin Phoenix?

Fuck even though ya knew there was no possible way he way getting out of this season alive, it is still disappointing to see Gyp get offed. He was one crazy bastard and just like a lot of people I think, he was my favorite character since Jimmy. I was kind of bummed how it went down though. I figured Harrow, Capone, Nucki or a big time player would be the one to do the dirty. I mean having Gyp's right hand man do it makes sense, but I didn't think his character was big enough to do it. I guess though by that point Gyp didn't seem that powerful to anyone anymore so it makes sense.

That third season was absolutely solid though. Maybe the greatest thing I have or will ever see in my life, which is kind of a weird feeling. Coming off Jimmy's death I didn't know what to expect going in but holy damn did they put something awesome together. I can't wait for the next season. This last episode opened more doors than it closed.

I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad, but personally I think Boardwalk Empire is the only show better than it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back