Birchill Ready To Return?

Truth be told, ECW needs all the help it can get...

I hate how Lashley use to defend his title every tuesday against either, test, or bob holly, anybody else notice that trend?

yeah I noticed but at least the ECW champion was defending the ECW title on ECW and not Raw, I think Burchill would be a good fit in ECW, if they really wanted to they could stick him in the NB, but then they might be getting overcrowded, they could always do what NWO did a split into two different factions with Punk leading one and Burke leading the other, then Burchill could be added to one of those factions, I just want to see Burchill vs. Punk and burchill vs. RVD though, after that I'd send him to SD!, a feud with Benoit over the U.S. title would be just fine by me, especially if they did a serios feud and gave it time to work, like say 3-4 months

As for those wondering wtf was up with the whole pirate gimmick, remember that was when Pirates of the Carribean 2 was out and really popular, I think they were just trying to take some the popularity from that movie and use to create a charecter, I don't think they ever expected too carry it on in the long run of things, just ment to be a short term gimmick, of course POTC 3 is set to come out within the next couple of months so they my be waiting till then to bring Burchill back then give him back the stupid pirate gimmick, but I hope not

Burchill needs to be put in ECW. Particularly in place of the worthless landmass known as Gene Snitsky. I just love it and find it so cute when WWE writers try to establish another monster heel to replace the Undertaker as the big man on campus. The sad thing is that none of these replacements have any depth, charisma, or the biggest ingredient: in-ring talent. Burchill is a solid mid-sized man who could do no harm to ECW's title scene wrestling against a slew of the crispier workers there like Punk, RVD, and to a lesser extent Burke. He's the kind of athlete that brand needs. Not two-bit jackoffs like Lashley and Snitsky. They need a guy who can work. A guy with the potential for growth (not just the promise of it). A guy who can actually wrestle for once. You know, if WWE just trimmed the fat and replaced some of the dead weight on each show and stopped booking like shaved apes the problems in the ring could fix themselves and the company wouldn't have such a $hitty measure of inconsistency. Burchill getting over with the crowd should be priority number one. They also should bring back Brent Albright. He could've fit right into a solid tag unit with an already established star.

I liked where they were going with Brent Albright when he was on Smackdown as a Protoge to Chris Benoit, But alas he was released by WWE and now I think he will make the finals for the NWA title when that goes up for grabs for the Indys. the one question I have is does RAW have a credible Technical wrestler that they can use. No so it would make sense to put him on RAW, but ECW is probably the best option.

Id prefer Burchill to go to Smackdown.

Raws creative doesnt give a toss about guys lower on the card or not involved in shitty feuds with Vince. ECWs improving and I could see him been an instant main eventer there but I could just see him becoming Lashleys whipping boy.

On Smackdown he could have good feuds with Benoit, Kane, Mr kennedy if Kennedy turns face. Plus hed get more tv time on Smackdown than he would on Raw.

Paul Brichull impressed me before he got repackaged. The only bad thing about him was his gimmick. It was like Vito's ''gay'' gimmick. There was no way both of them would of gotten over with the crowd because they wouldnt be take serious. I hope Paul Birchill still has his flip rock bottom slam type of thing finisher. It was awesome and put the audience in awe. I think that move can get him over. Smackdown! is the bestter choice for him. He'd get more air time. If he is on RAW he will be just like Super Crazy. Mis-used because RAW is over-flowed with talent that they dont really need. IMO, Crazy all should return to SD!

as a fellow brit i hope that birchill comes back soon he is an awesome talent and those of you who havent seen his FWA matches haven't seen anything yet he has some amazing ability for a larger man

Fuck me. They're teaming Birchill with Taylor. Why? He has the talent to go it alone. I'm all for having English wrestlers on the roster. But Taylor looks about 70. This wont help Birchill. This is cutting him off from the start. I wasn't impressed with his Regal partnership. But at least Regal would make a decent manager.

The may as well just release him. There never going to do nothing with him.

Paul burchill has been the main attraction in ovw for the past year, and hopefully if the wwe do call him up and give him real air time and use the mic then he can get over there. so far he has been on two house shows, so i think he could make his debut this week on smackdown

Let's wait and see.

Maybe teaming him up with Taylor isn't such a bad idea after all. Taylor does indeed look like 70 so maybe it's a bit easier for Burchill to set himself apart :D

Maybe this is just wishful thinking but I'm really excited about the return of Birchill...

As much as I like Dave Taylor, I think hes still a great worker and stuff I just dont think this is a good idea.
Taylor isnt exactly over with the Smackdown crowd so I think teaming Burchill up with Taylors just gonna drag Burchill down.

I hope im wrong because I personally think Burchill and Taylor would make a great tag team,I just cant see the Smackdown fans taking to them which is the most important thing. Besides hasnt Smackdown got those yippity redneck guys coming through as a heel team?

So nope....bad idea, push Burchill as a singles wrestler and either make Taylor Kenny Dykstras new manager or team Taylor up with Finlay.

Hmmm a Finlay-Taylor tag team.....that sounds quite fantastic if I say so myself.

god, are creative stupid?

They should leave Burchill alone as a singles wrestler and have him tear it up. it will be awsome and i can see him been a top level start in a few years

Birchill with Dave Taylor.... Bad idea... Birchill was whiping ass on OVW and his gimmick on there is pretty sweet. He needs to wrestle singles, maybe feud with MVP to start with then if that works god I could see him having a potential program with Batista. Now if WWE wants to put him in a tag team put him with Kane. Kane is over and Birchill would benefit from that.

Birchill must have rubbed someone wrong. Teaming with Taylor?!?! now, i know unfortunately taylor would have been scrap-heaped if not for this teaming, but i think burchill is too good a talent to be stuck in a tag-team on the "B" show. Should've moved him to raw and let him do his thing. I recently just saw some of his non-wwe matches and this guy is sick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back