Birchill Ready To Return?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Both Paul Burchill and WWE developmental Diva Milena Roucka who entered last Diva Search contest were backstage at WWE RAW on Monday and were also backstage at the ECW/SmackDown taping last night. Both stars have been appearing for Ohio Valley Wrestling as of late. Paul Burchill has given up his pirate gimmick from SmackDown to be a heel called "The Ripper."

I heard he dropped the OVW title as well. Hopefully they give him a proper push this time. He appeared around the same time as Lashley. One can wrestler and can cut a promo. The other is Lashley and he's recieving a push that Cena would be envious of.

When he return they should just pull the old switcheroo trick with Birchill & Lashley. Intitiall people will be WTF? Wasnt Lashley black, but everyone knows WWE fans fave a short attention span. So I dont forsee a problem.

ROFLOLMAO, I think that makes sense there
As for the Topic I think that This is going to be good for RAW to get a technical Wrestler on it, we will have guys that need matches against Technical wrestlers get the feuds that they need to ascend the ladder. He should be the one to grab the IC title off of OOOOOmaagaa. So Umaga can go in and be beaten by Bobby Lashley and not be deminishing the already deminished reputation of the IC title.

LOL, for the love of God... why is everyone going to Raw???

Burchills coming back, thats cool, he dropped the pirate gimmick, thats cool. But, "The Ripper", *spits apple in McMahons face* that's not cool. Cheesy names don't always work, and this poor guy is going to have to face and suck it up every time someone cracks a joke about The Ripper... and ripping a fart. I do want to see him back though, I found his pirate act pretty amusing at times. I just don't think he had the look down all that well. But, I want to see him back on Smackdown, because Smackdown needs all the help they can get, everyone is going to Raw nowadays, everyone, they have a hand full of people on Smackdown that can even go after the U.S. Belt! Think of those contenders for the US Belt for a second, Chavo, Regal (maybe), Finlay (I think).... why not add Burchill to the mix and get him fighting people on Smackdown?

I would love to see him back soon, Burchill has by far one of the best finishers in all of WWE, nd he's an entertaining guy aswell, I don't think he needs another stupid gimmick, the only thing that does for a wrestler is limit his ability to be involved in good storylines, take the Hurricane for example, he never really got a decent push until he lost the superhero gimmick then he became CW champ for a year and was involed in some great matches, people actully took notice of Helms abilty, the same can be said for Eugene, his mentally challenge gimmick has limmited to nothingness, at first he was getting pushed based off his gimnmick but now the writers have nothing for him, and his charecter is suffering because of it, if the allow wrestlers to come in as themselves they can go just bout anywhere with that charecter, but if the stick them with useless gimmick they can only push them for a short time befoer they run out of ideas for that charecter, so when Burchill does come back, I would rather see him back as himself, with no real gimmick, just a heel or something, maybe stick him in a tag team at first, I just want to see him go up against London & Kendrick, and see what he could do in the ring with them

I think it would be better for Burchill to go back to Smackdown. Raw seems to be getting overloaded with main-eventers that there is no room for, to the point that a guy they were pushing as a WWE Title contender is now the mid-card champion, and yet is in a feud with Lashley. I mean, come on, Raw has Orton, Edge, HBK, Cena (sigh), Umaga, HHH(when he comes back). Seriously, not only with the right push could Burchill be elevated on SD!, but think of the money a properly done Benoit/Burchill feud could draw. I would tune into SmackDown just for that...or even a Benoit/Burchill vs Regal/Taylor feud over the Tag Titles would be great for those of us that enjoy pure wrestling.

I agree with you Smackdown! needs all the help they can get. I mean c'mon week after week it's always the same two superstars Batista and Taker. He can only hope that this will change when Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio come back.

I find the wrestling on Smackdown! is a lot better... they just have a bunch of wrestlers they don't use properly... but that's a subject for another thread...

as for Burchill, good for him, he was a good talent that got stuck with an apparently bad gimmick (I can't really comment since I didn't watch smackdown! when he was there). So hopefully he'll get his fair shot this time.

Burchills coming back, thats cool, he dropped the pirate gimmick, thats cool. But, "The Ripper", *spits apple in McMahons face* that's not cool. Cheesy names don't always work, and this poor guy is going to have to face and suck it up every time someone cracks a joke about The Ripper... and ripping a fart.
Actually, D.C. everyone is going to Raw because that's still the ratings workhorse and it is definitely the A-show these days. It's like they want Smackdown to fail or something.

Being that Burchill is a Brit, it is likely a play off of Jack The Ripper. One of the most notorious serial killers EVER. Depending on how the gimmick is executed, it could be something that is actually cool for once (as opposed to Burchill swinging onto the rampway like Jack f**kin' Sparrow).

Personally, I'm happy to see Paul back on TV. He's fundamentally sound and is one of the better guys to never really get a good push on Smackdown (either time). He has the tools, they just need to stop wasting him in a cartoon fashion. Let him be a badass shooter who wrestles a high-impact style instead of booking him in gimmicks aimed at the average nine-year-old. I don't know about any of you ROH fans out there, but I'd love to see Burchill tagged up with McGuinness as a new version of the Bulldogs or something along those lines (or maybe even with Harry Smith as I know he's more accessible at this point). That'd be tight. Wishful thinking, I know, but still...I think it'd be pretty nifty to have a kickass British tag team that could prove as a counterpoint to Regal/Taylor and actually have youth on their side.

Now who is that saying more about when you are rooting fro Mark Henry to return. Im sorry but he cant wrestle, cant cut a promo, has teh charisma of Mike Know and has less talent then Batista. Personally Icant undestand what is up with Kennedy. I mean he had the great gimick going of beating all thos echamps then they started having him job to everybody and made him kinda of a joke. Then he wins MITB and what happens post it back to being layed out by Taker. I mean how is anyone going to take him seriously when he goes for teh strap if he is getting so easily handled. Maybe I am blocking but i dont rember either RVD or Edge looking like anything but top notch guuys leading up to and post their MITB wins.
I agree with you Smackdown! needs all the help they can get. I mean c'mon week after week it's always the same two superstars Batista and Taker. He can only hope that this will change when Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio come back.

If they attempt to do something serious with Burchill this time, we might actually enjoy watching him. If this gimmick is serious but not too childish like his pirate gimmick was, fans are going to take him seriously and hopefully, his wrestling skill will improve from that. SmackDown needs heels for sure and I think Burchill would be a decent mid card wrestler, going against the likes of Chris Benoit and maybe restoring some credibility over there. The WWE just ruins any shred of credibility that young guys like him would have by sticking him with these gimmicks that are going to grow old very fast and it's getting ridiculous, so hopefully Burchill can play the British 'Ripper' character well and it isn't too much of a joke. In my mind, SmackDown needs the wrestlers and Raw doesn't, and because Burchill is not that over in the first place, he will be used better on SmackDown because that's the place guys like him can break into the WWE. It will be interesting to see how they push him when he comes back and what his gimmick is but surely it's going to be better than 'the pirate'. I don't know if a stable between him, Regal and Taylor is possible but it would be interesting to see that British thing going on.

good im glad that he doesnt use that pirate gimmick anymore it was bad i dont think he is as good as kennedy and i dont believe that he will win money in da bank at next years wm.

I believe he could be a good mid carder on raw 4 awile and if that doesnt work put him in the crusierweight division on smackdown because they need cruiserweights right now

good im glad that he doesnt use that pirate gimmick anymore it was bad i dont think he is as good as kennedy and i dont believe that he will win money in da bank at next years wm.

I believe he could be a good mid carder on raw 4 awile and if that doesnt work put him in the crusierweight division on smackdown because they need cruiserweights right now

Dude he's like 250lbs he's no Cruiserweight. WWE has some stupid booking sometimes but it's not WCW 2000 style booking. Come on.

They could always do that Matt Hardy gimmick gimmick where Burchill tries to lose weight so he can face the Cruiserweight champion ;)

But then again this is the company that Billed Rey Friggin Mysterio as a HEAVYWEIGHT champion... don't get me started on that...

Despite tha fact he would still look huge compared to everyone else in the division. Why would he drop to a weight that would'nt suit him? He's a heavyweight end of.

Hieght doesn't mean shit for defining cruisers, its weight. But Burchill is going to be good to see back on WWE stuff, The Ripper gimmick sounds cool. but it will probably be cheesy, his original gimmick would be cool with some slight changes to make it a good gimmick that they can roll with for the majority of his career.

6'4" cruiserweight would be a skeleton of a man. I hope they give this guy a halfway decent run. He has the talent, but man alive a pirate, god where is creative sometimes. The Ripper could be good but that needs to be a gimmick name like the Hitman. He should go by his name, but with the Ripper in the middle or beginning. The Crippler Chris Benoit.

That basically is what they've been doing with him! The Ripper is a nickname -like the hitman- and he has been working as a brutal, powerful technical machine!! Its basically his human torture device gimmick (that he had when he first arrived in wwe) but more sadistic, and with more character!!

I havent seen him wrestle whilst hes been in OVW but ive been keeping up to date with the match results and apparently his ripper gimic was pretty over with the crowd and wasnt cheesey at all. It seems like pretty much a psychotic strong guy gimic but with a cool nickname.

Ive checked out OVW's website and the look hes got right now looks good, If he keeps that when he comes into WWE programming then he would be good. But now the question is wether WWE creative doesn't ruin any credibility that is carried over from OVW.

What, you mean the same creative team that pushed the hell out of Cryme Tyme for two months and now they are in backstage segments with Eugene every week? Burchill has all the god given talent and charisma it takes to be big in the WWE, but if he doesn't shed the Pirate gimmick or the "Ripper" doesn't take off that well, it could be lights out on him already.

Yep that very one unless they place him in ECW, where he may have good feuds set up by Dusty Rhodes. But RAWs creative may kill any chance. But from whats been said he is supposedly over in OVW, so in theory it may translate well to the larger WWE audience.

I actually think that will debut this week. I expect him to cost Kane & The Boogeyman there match with Regal & Taylor. I actually think Birchill could carry Kane to a really good match. But then again it's in England. And Regal is always made to look like a complete jobber in his home country.

Truth be told, ECW needs all the help it can get...

I hate how Lashley use to defend his title every tuesday against either, test, or bob holly, anybody else notice that trend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back