• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bioshock vs Shadow of the colossus

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
I for one has always wondered if the critically aclaimed bioshock or the equally praised sony's shadow of the colossus is better?

Out of these 2 games i see that bioshock is the more well known. It is also the one out of these 2 that i have played through. SOTC (abrievation) is a game i have always wanted to but never got the chance to play. I'd bee intrested if there is anyone on these forums that has played that game.

so here are the questions of the thread

witch game do you think is better? Why?

Its hard to pick especially since both games are quite different from each other.

For myself I will go with Shadow of the Colossus. The thing I really liked about this game in particular was the constant epic battles, the game was basically one epic battle after another and for myself kept me on my toes. I also liked it as it was very different from any game I played before it, what can I say I'm a sucker for something fresh.

Bioshock was an awesome game, did some new things in the world of First Person gaming but overall I can't put it over SOTC. My issue with it is my issue with many FPS games, after a while they all feel the same to me. Sure the game can be completely different (take Call of Duty vs Oblivion for example) but the all feel the same to me, aim, shoot, repeat. I have fun playing FPS games but at the same time I get sick of them easier these days.

Lastly SOTC was one of the best games of the PS2 library where I can think of many games better than Bioshock on the XBOX 360 and PS3, SOTC just gave a more lasting impression for me.

I can agree with deanerandterry on this. I've played both games before and there are some differences, but both are similar in terms of originality.

Shadow of the Colossus is an open world adventure game. If you're into epic boss battles, amazing landscapes and atmosphere, and a Zelda-like experience, this is your game.

Bioshock is only really big because of Rapture (The game's setting) and the Plasmids. The story of Bioshock isn't that amazing either. Other than that, it's just another game in the long list of FPS games. I'm a Bioshock fan, but if you're looking to play something that amazes you and leaves an impression, you gotta go with Shadow of the Colossus.

So how would you guys rank shadow of the colossus againts half life(2)? I was so exited to play it. But I could barely get past the first stage! So I made 10 bucks off of it on eBay. I also never finished the original half life.

Shadow of the Colossus

I've played both games, but will admit I never finished Bioshock. I borrowed it from a friend, was pretty entertained but one day I just never picked it up again. Two months later he wanted it back and I'd almost forgotten I had it. The atmosphere in Bioshock was great but it wasn't the best I've seen. The combat was descent but nothing that revolutionized FPS's.

Shadow of the Colossus was a monumental game. It's one of those games you put on a pedestal. It had so much going for it when it was so simple at it's core. One of the best games for the PS2, top ten easily. The core mechanics were easy but entertaining. Bioshock's atmosphere was good, but Shadow of the Colossus to me was on another level. It had such a grand and epic feel to it. I was so impressed because I've never played a game like that before and I loved all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back