• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest Pop Of All Time?

saintsrlfc95

Dark Match Jobber
Okay, we've seen huge pops over the past for Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock returning in 2011 and CM Punk at MITB 2011 but the pop when Brock Lesnar returned on Raw was the loudest i've ever heard. Anyone agree or have they heard louder?

It was definitely one of the loudest but I can think of a few that were equally loud and maybe even louder.

The first one is Hulk Hogan in Montreal the RAW after Wrestlemania 18. The pop and appreciation Hogan got that night was nothing short of incredible, they gave Hogan such a reaction it went on for 10 minutes, to the point Hogan was starting to tear up, I think they were cheering so loud that it took Hogan 10-15 minutes to start his promo because the crowd wouldn't stop and was so loud Hogan couldn't give his promo for the first little bit. Just an amazing show of respect for one of the biggest names in wrestling history.

The other one that comes to mind was one I was live for and that was for Bret Hart at In Your House: Canadian Stampede. It had to be my favorite event I ever went to because the crowd was hot. Not only did they give Bret and the Hart's a ridiculous amount of love they booed the shit out of Austin, it was really an incredible experience to be apart of that. When Bret came out for the main event I have never heard a crowd explode quite like that, they just went insane for Bret and after the match gave Bret and Stu particularly a massive response. It may have been because I was there live but I don't recall ever hearing a pop like that ever. For me this could very well have been the biggest pop I've ever heard.

The Rock's pop in his return last year was bigger then Brocks this past week..

Oh and Austin's pop when he helped Mankind defeat Rock for the WWF title on RAW is still the biggest pop i've ever heard.

Bulldog pinning Bret at Summerslam 1992 is a close 2nd.

The loudest pop I've ever heard was Stone Cold's return at Backlash 2000. It was absolutely immense. I was only watching on TV and it sent shivers down my spine and raised goosebumps all over my body. I can only imagine how loud it was live in the arena.

I still say Hogan for when kicked out of the rock bottom at wrestlemania 18 and hulked up for the first time in wwe in 9 years. Loudest pop ive ever heard.

CM Punk winning the WWE Championship is up there. The Rock didn't get a really loud pop when he returned last year, it has nothing on the pop from the Chicago crowd when CM Punk won the WWE Championship. Hell, it doesn't have anything on the pop CM Punk got when he was making his entrance at Money in the Bank.

Nobody has mentioned the pop Chris Jericho got when he made his debut. Jim Ross said on Chris Jericho's DVD it was one of the loudest crowd reactions he'd ever heard for a debuting Superstar in the WWE and one of if not the loudest crowd reaction he'd ever heard, fans that night came off their seats, not just because it was Chris Jericho but because he was interrupting The Rock and at that point in time it was seen as blasphemy to interrupt The Rock.

Trips return from injury on Raw, after winning the Rumble deserves a mention. If I recall correctly it was at MSG, the crowd was electric. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier.

As far as I'm concerned the biggest pop of joy and guenuine surprise I've ever heard is one I was a part of.

I also don't think Brock got that big of a pop compared to some of the biggest one to be honest.

Well now that I think about it I've been part of two great pop and the two biggest ovation, yeah I'm from Montreal.

When Austin came back at No Way Out, the pop was AWESOME. People chanted AUSTIN almost for the whole match, but I got the DVD and the chant during the match didn't came that big on TV, but the pop was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMYxeM8cWzY

Was also part of the two big ovations that made Hogan cry. Oh and since the second one was on Smackdown it was edited, Hogan cried because he couldn't speak (we wouldn't let him) for 8 minutes. Jericho even wrote about that ovation (thought he got it wrong, he confused the second one at Smackdown with the first one at the Raw after Wrestlemania) as the biggest and craziest ovation he's ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuc-LKVeTP0&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErnmSGIMRrk

But my biggest pop, the one I was refering to at the beginning was when HBK teased the return of Bret during his feud with Hogan and the song of Bret started, people went apeshit. So like a commenter on youtube said the biggest pop in history was for the ramp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7DOcHRgQMo

Man we used to be a loud crowd, too bad Vince isn't bringing the WWE here anymore for TV or PPV. Last time we got a show was Breaking Point a couple of years ago.

The one that always stands out for me is No Way Out 2004: Eddie Guerrero beats Brock Lesnar.

That one is probably more of a personal favorite because I wanted Eddie to win so badly, but it was nice to see other people did, too. That was a great crowd, and they popped like a helium balloon when Eddie got the three count for one of my most favorite moments in wrestling history. It was impossible not to like Eddie, and seeing him at the top was worth the pop.

Also, the RAW when Austin broke up Taker's attempt to marry Stephanie. That was a pretty messed up moment in wrestling history, considering all the things that it was suggesting, but that crowd erupted when Austin's music hit. I also feel that in a creative sense, that was one of Austin's greatest moments. I would argue it's when Austin became fully recognized as a face. Sure, he hated VKM like cancer, but he couldn't let a young girl be treated like that. It showed that Austin had a heart and made him even easier to cheer for.

There have been bigger pops all-time, but those are the two big pops that I'll never forget.

Nothing new to add here, really:

Hogan's pop in Montreal is the biggest I have ever heard, and I don't think it's very close. Other big pops: HHH's return in '02 was huge, so was Rock's return in '11 and Foley's first title. The Hogan/Rocky staredown was intense, and I was actually a little surprised Cena/Rock didn't get the same response.

Going back, HBK's first title, Savage's 2nd title, Bulldog's IC title and Warrior's win over Hogan were massive pops. The finishing sequence on Hogan/Andre (slam/legdrop/pin) was an insanely loud pop. Insane. It comes as close as anything to the sheer pop and emotion of Hogan return to Montreal, but nothing *really* gets there. That was shocking to see.

Common threads? Hogan and The Rock. They really are on a different level from everybody else.

Has to be Austin coming out to help Mankind win the WWF Title, incredible. Though when Jericho "beat" HHH for the Title in April 2000 it was huge, as was when Malenko pulled off his mask at Slamboree '98 to beat Jericho for the Cruiserwieght Title.

The loudest one I ever saw in person was when Mick Foley won his first WWF title over the Rock on the infamous RAW that was on opposite the Finger Poke of Doom. From the moment that Stone Cold's music hit (he had been gone for a couple weeks) to Mick pinning The Rock, that minute or so was the loudest thing I've ever experienced. Woo-town!!

Has to be Austin coming out to help Mankind win the WWF Title, incredible. Though when Jericho "beat" HHH for the Title in April 2000 it was huge, as was when Malenko pulled off his mask at Slamboree '98 to beat Jericho for the Cruiserwieght Title.

Both Malenko at Slamboree and Mankind's WWF title win on RAW were at the Worcester Centrum in MA. East coast crowds are by far the best, especially both of those because I was at them.

I don't know if this one was the loudest, but it was pretty loud, when Cena beat misterio after he won the tournament for the "vacant" WWE title, Cena was starting to celebrate when all of a sudden CM Punk's new music hit, no one knew what was going on and then all of a sudden CM Punk appeared on the scene and people went nuts, that was an awesome pop.......

I think it has to be HHH return at MSG or Y2J wwe debut....just to mention some i havent seen posted yet edge christian and the hardys the raw after the terry invitational ladder match and austin at WM17

Hogan the Raw after WrestleMania 18, that pop went on for ever.

though it could be argued most times Hogan, Austin, The Rock, Triple H made any sort of suprise return or an entrance at all the roof blows off whatever arena/stadium they are in they are just that damn popular.
If we were gonna debate most consistant loudest reactions it would be a toss up between Austin, Hogan. with Rock and Cena in a close 2nd

has to be somewhere during the ultimate warrior vs hulk hogan match. not sure if it was during the match or at the outcome. but damn it was loud as hell there.

Triple H in 2002 was one that sticks out for me it was a perfect example of the right type of build up without too much overkill to set up a return that with stands the test of time.

The first one is Hulk Hogan in Montreal the RAW after Wrestlemania 18. The pop and appreciation Hogan got that night was nothing short of incredible, they gave Hogan such a reaction it went on for 10 minutes, to the point Hogan was starting to tear up, I think they were cheering so loud that it took Hogan 10-15 minutes to start his promo because the crowd wouldn't stop and was so loud Hogan couldn't give his promo for the first little bit. Just an amazing show of respect for one of the biggest names in wrestling history.

I would agree with this one. Hulk Hogan + Wrestlemania is always going to be a huge pop, but when it's his first Wrestlemania back from WCW? FUGGEDABOUDIT. That crowd in Montreal went absolutely apeshit. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in wrestling. The thing is, Hogan was booked as the heel in that match. He was the bad guy, the Rock was the good guy. But that Montreal crowd was so loud, so vocal, and continued for so long, that Hulk Hogan and the Rock completely switched roles for that match. That crowd made Hogan a face again, through sheer force of will. You could tell that neither Hogan or the Rock anticipated that reaction just by looking at their facial expressions. They were surprised, and kept giving each other glances, like "what the hell is going on here? What do we do now?" That was the night that Hollywood Hogan died, and the Immortal Hulk Hogan was reborn, like a phoenix rising out of the ashes...

God bless every single person in attendance that night for giving the WWF one of it's greatest moments ever.

Gotta be either Hogan in Montreal or Stone Cold helping Mankind win the title on RAW. Biggest pops I've ever heard. Arguably the 2 most over babyface wrestlers of all time.

Austin helping out mankind is definately up there. The longest loud pop I've ever heard was CM Punk at MITB. That was just nuts.

In fact, virtually any "If Cena Wins, We Riot" match has these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back