• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest MTFO Moment

What is the biggest MTFO moment you have had?

For me, I didnt watch wrestling from 2002 to mid 2009 and before then I didnt even know what marking out was. So my selection is limited to about the last 10 months. My pick is HBK's SCM to HHH to start their triple threat match with Cena at Survivor Series. The two of them are best friends, the founding member of the legendary DX stable. Now they are in the same match with the WWE Championship on the line. I know they have feuded and faced each other before, but with HBK's career winding down, this match was a little different. The three of them are staring at each other and then BAM! Sweet chin music to his best friend. I expected them to work together for a little but that didnt happen. The teamwork was gone from the beginning. I couldnt believe it and Cena's face when he saw it was priceless.

I'm sure you guys have better ones, so lets hear them. Remember to provide an explanation for your decision.

I have a few actually.

First off, Edge standing in the ring when Christian's music hit a few weeks ago, I marked out like a little child for that, and the mark out in itself got even bigger when they started fighting, I've always wanted to see these two feud at their current level (cause we all know they feuded before) and it opened for the potential, sadly they didn't truly follow through with it.

Secondly Shawn Michaels challenging The Undertaker for their rematch at Wrestlemania 26, knowing the potential for this match to be an absolute match of the year again, and without a shadow of a doubt awesome, the mark out in itself was inevitable.

While I haven't watched wrestling before 2 weeks prior to Wrestlemania, so most of the things I've watched online on youtube etc. is things that had already happened and didn't really impact the mark out for me, but I'm gonna leave a imaginary mark out potential, which I know I would've marked out for had I been a fan back then and before Chris Jericho left (yes that's right) I would've marked out like crazy for Chris Jericho's return in 2007.

RVD winning the WWE champion from John Cena at One Night Stand. Yep. I'm pretty sure I actually shed a tear when that happened. I marked out like a little girl from start to finish during that match. Everything was just so perfect- from the epic entrances of both participants (my god, I miss the ECW crowds) to RVD's celebration afterwards.

Truthfully, I would still mark out through the entire thing if I popped in the DVD right now....

Jeff Hardy winning the WWE Championship, mainly because I'd given up of him winning it and expected to go to either Edge or Triple H and then Jeff hit the Swanton Bomb on both of them and pinned Edge I Marked out like anything, it was almost as good as Edge cashing in MITB on John Cena and winning the title (I still mark out for that when I watch it on DVD)

First off, Edge standing in the ring when Christian's music hit a few weeks ago, I marked out like a little child for that, and the mark out in itself got even bigger when they started fighting, I've always wanted to see these two feud at their current level (cause we all know they feuded before) and it opened for the potential, sadly they didn't truly follow through with it.

I forgot all about that. When I heard his music I actually jumped out of my seat. I was jumping around. I didnt even think there was a match at first. I thought he was only coming out to talk to Edge. Then I saw the ref and I was jumping even more. Thanks for reminding me about that one.

Another recent moment I marked out hard for is Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson's exit interview on NXT. When he started talking about what he did in ROH and he called himself Bryan Danielson, I had the biggest smile on my face and I was actually laughing because of how awesome that was. I had a tough time going to sleep that night because all I could think about is what was going to happen next week on NXT.

I forgot all about that. When I heard his music I actually jumped out of my seat. I was jumping around. I didnt even think there was a match at first. I thought he was only coming out to talk to Edge. Then I saw the ref and I was jumping even more. Thanks for reminding me about that one.

Wrong segment TPP.

I'm talking about the one on Smackdown, the one where Edge turned heel again, the one where they just brawled and had Edge fleeing the ring.

But both times were definitely mark out moments, while I do think that the first encounter is by far the superior one, but it's all a matter of which one you'd prefer, there were definitely something special over their match, but the confrontation had the most tension about it, because it started off as some kind of a "oh they're reuniting / becoming friends again" but then the twist came, and Edge turned heel, it was so golden.

Hogan kicking out of the Rock Bottom and Hulking Up at Wrestlemania XVIII.

For about 30 secs, the stars alined and we were treated to what I would consider the perfect wrestling experience. An unexpected reappearance of the Hero of Heroes; the incredulity on Rocky's visage in the face of Hogan pointing the finger; Lawler marking out and screaming like a little girl; JR's epic call of "He beat Andre the Giant with that move!!"; all on top of the crowd going absolutely ballistic.

And then the Rock kicks out... true, unbridled wrestling pleasure

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUw3xg7IbAs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUw3xg7IbAs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Another recent moment I marked out hard for is Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson's exit interview on NXT. When he started talking about what he did in ROH and he called himself Bryan Danielson, I had the biggest smile on my face and I was actually laughing because of how awesome that was. I had a tough time going to sleep that night because all I could think about is what was going to happen next week on NXT.

Those were the two moments I instantly thought of when I read the first post.
Edge's face when Christian came out was amazing. I was so happy.
And Danielson's interview was just awesome. It showed that he is actually pretty good on the mic and that he does have charisma. I would also add his appearence on NXT last week when he did that promo and attacked Michael Cole. He started talking about IWC stuff like 'Vince likes big men'. I totally marked out for that.

I've only properly watched wrestling since the start of this year so I can't think of many.

The whole of the Shawn Michaels-Undertaker match at WrestleMania, but particulary the ending. When they shook hands it was this show of respect by two of the very best and his ovation at the end was an excellent way to end WrestleMania. Plus his farewell the following night got me a bit emotional.

When Randy Orton was revealed as John Cena's partner to face Batista and Jack Swagger on Raw a couple of months ago. The last person I expected it to be, I was total in shock. It was really good to see them team together.

They're mine. They're a bit rubbish but my top two were taken.

One of them was Kane's return after being betrayed by X-Pac and Tori, DX and the Radicals were beating the crap out of the Rock and Sock Connection and Too Cool when the arena suddenly went dark, then Paul Bearer walks out and the whole arena goes absolutely nuts. Then Kane's music starts and the pyro goes off and he walks out, down to the ring and singlehandedly takes out DX and The Radicals, everyone including me is loving it.

I'd say Rock vs Hogan, but that's already been said. There are plenty of others, but that's the one that sticks out right now, nobody could do a ring return as well as Kane used to.

Wrong segment TPP.

I'm talking about the one on Smackdown, the one where Edge turned heel again, the one where they just brawled and had Edge fleeing the ring.

But both times were definitely mark out moments, while I do think that the first encounter is by far the superior one, but it's all a matter of which one you'd prefer, there were definitely something special over their match, but the confrontation had the most tension about it, because it started off as some kind of a "oh they're reuniting / becoming friends again" but then the twist came, and Edge turned heel, it was so golden.

Oh. That one. I think that the second confrontation with the match was better. I know I kind of knew they werent reuniting the first time. Edge had just speared Orton a few days before that and I already knew Edge was turning heel. The only way they would have reunited was for Christian to turn heel and I didnt think that was going to happen. That actually made that confrontation worse for me, knowing that the reunion that we all want so bad wasnt going to happen. If they werent going to reunite, I wanted to see a match between the two and we got that match during the second confrontation. And just like you said, there was something special about that match. From the moment his music hit to the end of their really exciting match, it was markout moment after markout moment.

I will say that watching them brawl in the first meeting was awesome and made even better with Edge running and Christian looking like the bigger man. But the moment and match on Raw was bigger for me.

The very biggest MTFO moment I ever had was at the dark match of the January 4th RAW. I kid you not.

Picture this: I'm at my very first RAW TV taping, ever. I know that my favorite legend of all time, Bret Hart, is going to return. TNA has started an hour ago, and the guys next to me are getting texts from their friends about what's going on, and we're all talking about it together. I'm extremely excited, hyped for the show.

Chavo's music hits. I boo him enthusiastically. He struts around the ring, doing his normal poses. Then, some random generic rock track hits. I crane my neck to see who it is, and Justin Roberts makes the announcement:

""And his opponent, from Aberdeen, Washington...Bryan Danielson!!"

And I explode. Seriously, I have never marked like that in my life. I was jumping up and down, screaming "OH MY GOD! IT'S BRYAN DANIELSON!". I was lightheaded, giddy with excitement. I was already a fan of Danielson, but that just sealed the deal and made me a total mark for him. The guys in my section (the same ones I was discussing TNA with) get a "Best in the World" chant going through the whole match and I got to see one of my favorite wrestlers in a match that I wasn't expecting at all, during my first ever TV taping!

It was amazing.

I have 3 mark out moments still lingering in my mind. I don't consider any of them better then the next; they all are awesome moments that I will remember for some time:

3.APA returns: I'm not talking about the 2007 reunion which was pretty much overshadowed by Bradshaw's character of JBL. I am talking about in 2003 when Undertaker was being outnumbered by the F.B.I. and they came in to make the save:

[YOUTUBE]IoQu1Bguj3c[/YOUTUBE]

Acolyte Protection Agency is still by far my favorite team, and they didn't lose their edge at all.

2. Undertaker's Gong at Royal Rumble: In 2004 Kane had buried his brother alive. Months later he made his prescence felt again. Never has the Royal Rumble appealed to me more then it had when that gong went off. You knew he would be back; and he would be back as his old persona.

[YOUTUBE]WLI2a-CMSTU[/YOUTUBE]

Truly a mark out moment.

1. The Second Coming: The show was Raw, and its champion was Randy Orton. For a month or so a cryptic promo played in commercials that nobody could understand. That is, until this happened:

[YOUTUBE]cT5Uko6dXGc[/YOUTUBE]

It was on-par to his 1999 WWF debut. What can I say? I MTFO at surprise returns.

After what was witnessed on RAW, I had to revive this thread.

I now have a new biggest mark out moment. When NXT became nXt. Completely out of left field, the entire season 1 rookie cast of NXT turns heel together and inserts themselves into the spotlight. I couldnt believe it. I was a fan of most of the rookies on NXT. Danielson, Barrett, Gabriel, Sheffield. I even liked Young. With them attacking Cena and metaphorically wrecking the WWE, I was marking out so hard. All of these new guys I liked now had their spot in the WWE. I think this surpasses any moment that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

After what was witnessed on RAW, I had to revive this thread.

I now have a new biggest mark out moment. When NXT became nXt. Completely out of left field, the entire season 1 rookie cast of NXT turns heel together and inserts themselves into the spotlight. I couldnt believe it. I was a fan of most of the rookies on NXT. Danielson, Barrett, Gabriel, Sheffield. I even liked Young. With them attacking Cena and metaphorically wrecking the WWE, I was marking out so hard. All of these new guys I liked now had their spot in the WWE. I think this surpasses any moment that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I agree that was great, but I won't turn your thread into another nxt thread. One that comes to mind is WrestleMania VIII. I marked out when I heard the Warrior's music and he rushed to the ring to save Hogan. We hadn't seen Warrior since SummerSlam. I didn't know where he went or if he would ever be back. When Flair and Sid came in and Savage was reinstated Warrior was just forgotten about. His return at mania was an awesome surprise.

It should be noted that I was 12 at the time and there was no such thing as the IWC so there was no way of knowing what happened to Warrior. I didn't know he held Vince up for a pay day at SummerSlam and was then fired. I lost a lot of respect for him when I learned that, but it doesn't take away the memory I have as a 12 year old marking out for his return.

I can remember REALLY marking out and high-fiving my brother when Rock beat HHH for the belt at a PPV, I think it may have been Insurexxion in the UK or something like that?

RVD and Dreamer debuting on WWE tv during the Invasion, and then the WWE guys turning round and joining ECW was a definate MTFO moment for me too!

Goldbergs WWE debut, RVD winning the title at One Night Stand, seeing Kevin Steens Package Piledriver for the 1st time, Morrissions backflip out of the ring with the ladder at Wrestlemania in the MITB ladder match are all others. Im sure there are loads more!

Last night's Raw.I was on my feet yelling out obscenities when they were all brawling in the ring.I was already hyped cuz Ryder was in action,but that invasion was just amazing.

For me it's simple. HBK winning his first title from Bret Hart. I know I'll catch hell for that but at the time of WM 12 in 1996 i was 11 so i totally marked out hard for that. I was still a mark at that point. Another has to be in 2004, No Way Out. Eddie Guerrero defeats Lesnar. I know there are a lot of people who say Eddie was over rated, and maybe he was, but I've always Loved that guy and to see him go from ECW standout to WCW Jobber to WWE champion made me smile and shed a tear or two.

Mine are weird but whatever

Backlash 2000 - Rock and HHH for the WWE Title. Rocky was gettin beat down and then Austin returns since getting ran over and knocks the shit out of everyone with a steel chair shot to the head. Everyones out cold, Rock hits a People's Elbow and its over.

Survivor Series 2008 - Kozlov and HHH for the WWE Title. Jeff was supposed to be here but was "found unconscious in a stairwell" the night before. Boring match, and Vickie comes out and says this is gonna be a triple threat like it should have been, so everyone's thinking Jeff of course, and boom Edge's music hits for the first time since Hell in a Cell with Taker. Edge spears HHH, goes for the cover but here comes Jeff and he inadvertently hits HHH with the chair and hits Kozlov too, but Edge catches Jeff off guard with a spear. Pins HHH and wins the title, damn.

Of course Jeff winning at Armageddon was sweet, and Jericho slamming HBK's head through the monitor are just some of my favorites.

Mine would be Brock Lesnar winning the royal rumble in 2003.I was a huge fan of him and I do believe he had to beat the Big Show to get in the match on the same night.He not only won the match but tossed The Undertaker one of the best in the business over the top rope.After that he went on to wrestlemania and beat Kurt Angle for the WWE title.

I have to admit, the biggest mark out moment I've had of late, well actually it happened twice. The first was when Samoa Joe returned in that 8 man tag match and even Jarrett was afraid to tag him, great moment, and I marked hard to see the old Joe back. And a little more recently, I marked hard as hell when Joe did the MuscleBuster on Matt Morgan. That was just insane. I mean Morgan's like what, 7 ft tall right? I don't believe Joe has ever done that move to a guy so large before. It was a really good moment, and I marked out. But for my biggest mark out moment, I think it'd have to be Wrestlemania XIX when Stone Cold and The Rock fought for the last time at Wrestlemania, That match was amazing and we all knew it'd be the last time these two would meet in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back