• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Show is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
After a grueling, hard-hitting twenty minute plus battle at Hell In a Cell between two tremendous athletes, which included Big Show and Sheamus kicking out of each other's respective finishers, Big Show did exactly what he said he would do after weeks of not being taken as a serious threat, and knocked Sheamus' lights out to win The World Heavyweight Championship yet again. Only this time, he held it longer than forty five seconds as Dolph Ziggler was nowhere in sight with his alleged guaranteed cash in. Show was later seen backstage celebrating and Sheamus, looking visibly upset by the loss, was getting looked at by medical personnel.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. I enjoyed Sheamus' time as World Champion, but Show has been nothing but awesome the past few months and I'm really excited to see what he does next, which is hopefully have a rematch with Sheamus. These two have great chemistry and I think we're due for a big time gimmick match at Survivor Series(which is why I'm glad we didn't see this match inside The Cell). Hopefully this means Ziggler will stay the fuck away as well so I can actually enjoy Show as a badass heel World Champion.

My questions are as follows:

What is your reaction to Sheamus losing/Big Show winning The World Heavyweight Championship?

Where do you see this heading over the next few weeks?

Will Ziggler be involved in Show losing The World Title(cashing in or otherwise)?

What is your reaction to Sheamus losing/Big Show winning The World Heavyweight Championship?

I knew Sheamus was going to lose eventually this year but i wasn't sure when or how or against who. I honestly wasn't disappointed in Sheamus losing nor Big Show winning. I think more of this will help Big Show have a last run with the title. It's good to see though, this WHC title reign has already lasted much more than 45 seconds.

Honestly I'm not sure about that one up to this point. You've got plenty of WHC contenders now with Big Show as Champ. (Del Rio, Orton, Barrett, Sheamus, Ziggler) so you have no shortage of contenders for the WHC. I don't expect as long of a title reign from Big Show as long as Sheamus's but i expect Big Show to at least carry the WHC into 2013 at the minimum.

Will Ziggler be involved in Show losing The World Title(cashing in or otherwise)?

You have to believe so. I don't see Sheamus returning back into contendership for the WHC and I don't see Del Rio getting more chances since he has 3 or 4 continuous chances but failed. That leaves me Orton and Barrett and Ziggler. I have no idea what the WWE is expecting from Orton so I'll leave him out. Barrett and Ziggler are the 2 remaining. Not Sure who to pick between the 2 here. But back to the question, yes i do honestly think and believe that Ziggler will have something to do with Big Show losing the WHC. The question won't be how he does it, but when he does it.

I was shocked that Dolph Ziggler didn't even make an attempt to cash in. Surprisingly shocked because I have been intrested since Big Show lost the title to DB, to see where a Big Show title reign would lead.

I honestly could see a Wade Barrett feud, kinda based around the bare-knuckle fighter background he has. But i'm just throwing something out there. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ziggler successfully cash in this week

Yes

First things first - the Show / Sheamus match stole the show, and I really didn't expect that. I'm not the biggest Sheamus fan, but he clearly has a niche that likes him within the Universe. He sells well and I marked out when he hit Big Show with White Noise.

Not sure where they're going with Show and how this affects Ziggler. Maybe having a feud with Randy Orton is where they're going, drop the title to him at Survivor Series for Ziggler to cash in. But still, having Sheamus drop the title isn't a bad decision, I'm just curious about where it goes from here. It has to be a face, so Orton winning tonight kinda fits the bill.

In the immediate future I see the feud between Big Show and Sheamus continuing simply because they had such a great match at the PPV and the WWE will want to keep them working together because of it. Based on their feud so far it would make sense for them to up the stakes and face each other in a Last Man Standing Match, as both of them use moves that "knockout" their opponent, and this has been the central focus of the feud. Ultimately, Dolph Ziggler is going to cash-in his MITB case on one of them, and if they were to destroy each other in a Last Man Standing match it would provide a great opportunity for him to do so. Adding Ziggler to the mix could lead to a triple threat which would be solid, or simply lead to a one-on-one match/feud with whoever he cashes in on. In any event, I look forward to seeing Big Show and Sheamus continuing to work together for the time being and if/when Ziggler gets thrown in that's cool too.

I enjoyed the match which really changed the feel of the show. I was happy seeing Big Show win. However, I would be happy regardless of the winner.

To be honest I do not know. I read there were rumors for a Big Show vs. Ryback survivor series match. How the WHC will play in that who knows. It would be cool to see the WHC on the line. Winning team gets the title for their leader. Ryback will win and one of his team members would attack him in jealously.

I wish Dolph Ziggler will only cash in when people are least expecting him to cash in. Dolph Ziggler as a heel should cash in when a champion is incapable of defending the title.

Just got home from Hell In A Cell & I agree that the match stole the show. (Punk Vs Ryback was terrible but that's another story) The crowds biggest reaction seemed to be when Sheamus hit White Noise & I told the girl I was with that there was no way that move will be seen & I am glad I was wrong. I don't get how you can lift a guy that size behind your back. But none-the-less I hope the rematch is not at SS. It should be on Raw tonight & Big Show of course should keep the title. Starting Big Shows title reign off fresh for & from Survivor Series. But I can see how many people think (and are probably right) that there might be several matches between the two because they had such a great match. All and all that match was the only thing worth seeing live. And to boot it's the first and only title change in Atlanta ever! At least with the WWE.

The match was definitely the best of the night, and as the match wore on i was kind of seeing a title change. I am surprisingly happy that Big Show won as I am not usually a Big Show fan. Those to delivered at HIAC though.

I could see Sheamus getting and losing a rematch before SS, and possibly see Orton as Show's next opponent.

I think he will. i was really surprised he didn't at least to attempt to cash in tonight, and eventually I think he will have a hand in Show losing the title. He may cash in or he could cost Show the title hoping to cash in on a lesser sized opponent.

My reaction live was great match & I was finally happy to see a title change in person. Big Show is not going to sell out arenas so give him the title & it makes the guys who do (Orton /Sheamus that much more interesting as they both can feud for the title. The WWE/WHC belts belong on heels for a couple reasons. One you want to see your baby face have something to fight for not against & two heels can do everything in the book to win (Take CM Punks victory last night for example) Very seldom do I believe in a baby face champ. And if Ziggy cashes in all the better because I think he is on the way up as Big Show is on the way out.

considering it involved Big Show the match wasn't bad at all. and good for him winning the title again.
just going on past experience though he's just a transitional champ.

and Sheamus doesn't lose anything, he still went toe to toe with Show and put on a hell of a match.

one last though, guess Ziggler is a liar :) He guaren-dam-teed he was gonna cash in and he wasn't even on the PPV At All.

Like others have said already, Sheamus vs. Show stole the ppv and I don't believe that anybody really expected it to.

Not only do they put on a great match, but a great match that went in excess of 20 minutes in which Big Show looked better than he has in years. Show scoring the win was something of a surprise and, to be honest, I figured it'd be someone like Randy Orton who would ultimately beat Sheamus a little later, at the Royal Rumble perhaps. So Show getting the win wasn't something I really expected.

Sheamus has been a strong babyface champion that's had the third longest run in the history of the WHC at nearly 7 months. It wouldn't have bothered me to see him retain here as I expected him to. Show winning doesn't bother me either because I think Show's, overall, done a great job since going heel earlier this year. WWE has built him into an almost unstoppable monster. Even Cena hasn't been able to score a clean win over him without half the locker room helping him. Having Show as champ is a great way of giving someone a rub whenever they decide to take the title from him.

I expect the feud with Sheamus to continue for a while. As I said, Sheamus was WHC for almost 7 months and he was a strong champ. He's not just simply going to fade out of the title picture as if it was nothing. It's too soon to move Orton into the title picture, in my eyes, given that he's taken some recent clean losses to Del Rio & Show himself over the past several weeks.

Ziggler is someone that, in my opinion, WWE needs to firmly establish & get behind before he cashes in. What I mean by that is WWE needs to firmly set Ziggler up as someone that's a genuine threat and the only way to do that is by giving him a good number of wins against some quality opponents. Ziggler has always been the guy that's looked great against guys like Orton or Cena or Punk but has ultimately come out on the short end of things, usually by losing after great efforts. I think WWE needs to build Ziggler up for a while before cashing in. If he does cash in on Big Show, I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I could see Ziggler doing it at the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania but I don't see it happening before then. I could be wrong, however, as that's the unpredictable nature of the MITB briefcase as it could go down anytime, usually when you're not really expecting it.

I was happy/shocked, I liked how they both kicked out of finishers, I don't think anyone has ever kicked out of the WMD.. I'm not too sure about the Brogue kick.. Sheamus held the title for 200+ days, I didn't find his reign boring, but I knew it ha run it's course, surprisingly it was the Big Show who ended it, which i'm okay with..

I see a straight rematch at Survivor Series, and a repeat to this time last year where Mark Henry defeated Orton twice, I think we'll see Big Show defeat Sheamus again,hopefully, but the 'E' have to add something to the match, maybe a stipulation? or a special match type? Which ever, as long as it's not a standard match, although I did enjoy their match, was surprised it wasn't in the Cell which i'm sure it was billed at.. Hmm..

Honestly, the amount that Ziggler hyped that he'll cash it last night gave me the idea he wasn't.. Also, as soon as Show won the title, he stood tall, and Sheamus was KO'd cold.. I thought, there is no way Ziggler is going to be able to cash in..

Maybe at Survivor Series after Show defeats Sheamus.

As far as Ziggler goes, it looks like he's being set up to have a nice semi-long (2-4 months) feud with Cena, which I think is better for him than a cheap cash-in and a coward-heel title reign. Let him eventually win the feud against Cena, and that'll bring him up legitimately. Maybe they're planning on him winning the WHC around RR and keeping it through WM. Like most, I want him to get to that ultimate main event level and stay there too, but it has to be done right. There's no reason in hurrying up his title push if A) there's no clear-cut 6 month or more plan for him, B) there's other wrestlers that will be needing a title push soon, especially if they are also heels like Ziggler (heel Orton which might be coming soon, Barrett?, Henry?, etc), and C) if there's other high profile non-title feuds he can be given for now to build him up further, like against Cena.

I think this may be the last big title run for Big Show and that he'll hold it for a few months before Ziggler cashes in around Rumble time after Show's win over either Orton or Mark Henry.

Shamus had some good matches with Bryan (and lately, Barrett), particularly the two out of three falls match. His matches with Del Rio were decent, but the feud went on way too long and it tainted his reign. The worst part about it though, were his promos, where he seemed to contract a double-strong case of Cenaitis, and completely lose the ability to sell his opponent as a threat. I completely lost any sympathy for him as a face.

Hopefully, the title loss will cause him to jettison some of the annoying jocularity and refocus him as the badass he should be. At this point, Show's a good champ; he can be portrayed as a monster tweener and take on all comers. A triple threat vs. Hell No could be entertaining.

As for Ziggles, he's got to get a shot sooner or later. Hope he manages to cash in successfully.

I was happy to see Big Show win the world title. It was time for a switch and The Big Show has been waiting in line for years now. It was time to give Show the title, It was a shame that Sheamus's reign was absolutely horrible. Any way, I was glad with the outcome and the payoff, hopefully he has a long reign as champion.

I see him holding until royal rumble or even Elimination chamber and then between then and now, Ziggler can maybe feud with Cena and then move on eventually to the world title. I see him cashing in at Elimination Chamber, and going to face who ever wins the royal rumble in January. I could even see a triple threat match at Wrestlemania 29.

Sheamus vs Ziggler vs Heel Randy Orton for the world title. Which would see Ziggler coming out on top.

I go back and forth between wondering if this is Big Show's chance to shine (again), using his aggressive heel persona to give him a strong title run.....or whether it's just a transition reign that will be used to pass the title to Dolph Ziggler.

On the other hand, Dolph has never been anything but a heel and you'd sooner think he'd take the title from a face like Sheamus (if he's going to take it at all). Then again, if they truly are finally going to let Dolph win the title, could he turn face while winning it from an uber-heel like Big Show? That would at least be an interesting swerve, no?

Dolph Ziggler has been on every damn Raw and Smackdown for many months.....except, interestingly, the Smackdown this past Friday. It's just one show, yet it was made significant by his absence. It could signify a slowing-down of Dolph's push......or it might signal a thrust toward the championship, one that might directly impact Big Show. Possibilities abound.

As for Big Show, we understand he doesn't need to hold the heavyweight title to be a factor in WWE storylines; his size and ability on the mic will usually place him in the thick of the action. Occasionally, though, he attains the top spot.....and I always find myself wondering whether he's being given a true title run or whether Creative is setting us up for something else.

I'm glad Big Show is around; when he retires, we'll be more disappointed than we may currently believe.

My questions are as follows:

1) kinda shocked as i expect Sheamus to win, Show to knock Sheamus out, then Ziggler to cash in, but it's whatever.
2) likley a Sheamus re-match which could in the end lead to a Ziggler cash in.
3) i dont know if Ziggler will beat Show or if Sheamus beats Show, THEN Ziggler cashes in.

all i know is that this title switch came out of nowhere and isnt a bad thing. Show isnt great in the ring, BUT he can hold the title, he's better at promos as a bad guy and now Ziggler cashing in is more unpredictable.

I didn't see the match or the PPV because I never ever get to (lack of money, I'm poor) but I hear it was a great 20 plus minute match which surprises me but good for them!

I don't have a problem with Big Show being the WHC. I think he deserves at least one last title run before his career is over and he has been very loyal to the WWE and a great worker over the years. Plus I think that belt looks better on bigger guys and I was getting bored with Sheamus being the champ for this long. I hope he has a nice little title reign like Henry had but I'd be surprised if it lasts as long as Henry's did.

I think we could end up seeing Sheamus win back the title in 2 or 3 months and see Ziggler cash in his MITB contract at WrestleMania when Big Show or somebody else knocks out Sheamus or just beats him up bad enough. Whether or not Ziggler competes in a match at WrestleMania before Sheamus' match, I think it might happen.

I would throw Wade Barrett into this but it looks like he's going to feud with Orton for a while.

I am happy because "The Great White No-Seller" Sheamus really needed to lose. Even better because, deep down, I've always been kind of a mark for The Big Show during the days of the "Big Nasty Bastard" with Shane-O'-Mac as his manager.

And yeah, as others have said, their match at HiaC was the sleeper show-stealer, and no one would have predicted we'd get such a match from these two.

I think Show gets the Mark Henry treatment from last year. Maybe even dropping the belt to Mark Henry at the Rumble or heading into Wrestlemania with Henry to continue their awesome match from last year's Chairs match.

Though I would like to see the continuance of the Show/Henry feud, yes, I do believe that ZigZag Man will be the pivotal factour -- maybe cashing in at Wrestlemania after he defends the belt successfully.

With all this happening its really hard to picture Dolph Ziggler in the World Title picture down the line. It just seems any point in inserting him now might feel it was done just to get "it over with".

Of course simple logic would have Ziggler to somehow cash in his MITB contract by beating Big Show or when Sheamus regain the title only for Ziggler to cash in immediately. Problem I see here is that I don't think Ziggler vs. Sheamus would be a good enough Main Event at Wrestlemania.

So this is what I predict
Big Show wins the World Title
Sheamus wins it back at Survivor Series but Ziggler Cashes in the MITB
Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble
Randy Orton wins the WHC at Elimination Chamber

This sets up either a Triple Threat Match with Orton vs. Bryan vs. Sheamus or a Fatal Four Way Elimination Match with Orton vs. Bryan vs. Ziggler vs. Sheamus.

Personally I prefer the former, I think it will build to a better story having three guys instead of four.

As For The Big Show, yeah I doubt he's holding the title for long. He will either drop it at TLC or Survivor Series. I actually think Big Show vs. Ryback might be a good opportunity to happen at Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I almost cried when Big Show won that title. Despite this guy's size, I believe he is one of the most underrated superstar in the WWE. The most evident proof is that everyone is shocked because they are not really looking forward on this match with Big Show involved. All those hard work sure has payed off now that he once again hold that gold. A well deserved win for him.

Seriously, I don't know who can stop the giant right now. Smackdown's super face Sheamus has been beaten cleanly and currently, no one in the roster can overtake him in the power rankings - yet. The only way to get that title from him is to utilize Ziggler's briefcase ala Daniel Bryan last year. Or Mark Henry might return?

I don't have a problem with Show being champion, however, whats next that we haven't seen?

I think even if Dolph Ziggler were to win the title anytime between now and the rumble would be a mistake. He has no opponents that he hasn't already faced before. I think at this point, the 'E' is at a crossroads. Where can they go? they have exhausted all their creativity. I want to have a positive outlook but they have jobbed Ziggler the same way they jobbed Swagger. When these guys get their opportunities it just comes off past due. Nobody would pay to see ziggler vs. show or sheamus vs. ziggler for that matter. Due merely to the fact that he would be dominated. I am not saying that isn't apart of his character but we DON'T want another Miz on our hands.

Was trilled, never really liked Sheamus as a Champ.

Dont know and I am interested(which means E did a good job). My guess is that at the old scenario at Survivor series Show wins, Sheamus broguedkickes Show and Ziggler cashes in then. But it's a long shot for that and will see..

Shockingly enough - as I've never been anything but apathetic about this feud until now - I was really impressed by the match. Really impressed. Everyone was pretty surprised when Show got the second punch and won, right? It's probably the most surprising result since Henry got the belt off Orton last year.

There's a part of that's irked because the whole "Sheamus is Cena! Holy shit - I've got so much insight!" crowd is going to feel validated. Oh well, fuck them. Big Show's champ. That's cool.

My thinking is that Sheamus may very well win it back before long. Who is there in a position to take the belt off Show and hold it for any lengthy amount of time? Ziggler? Orton? Bryan? Maybe I'm entirely mistaken and Big Show will just plough through the competition for months on end.

Either way, seeing Big Show with a world title belt is going to take some readjusting to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back