• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Plans for Roman Reigns ahead

Wrestlezones Top Heel
WWE is planning something big for Reigns at Royal Rumble but I know he wo'n win it but I can think of a couple of way's the RR could be big for well RR.Not that any of this could happen but when WWE are high on someone they push them to the moon.What if...

IC ChampionshipApperantly Reigns had a staredown with Big E. teasing probably a match for that title.With everyone wanting theUS/IC titles to be unified I think this could be a great oppurtunity with The Shield possibly splitting and all I think it's perfect timing.How about at RR Reigns spears Big E after his match with Fan-Dan-Go.Pick up the title hold it above his head and throw it down.We see Ambrose telling him you do with I tell you to do.We see Reigns get mad and walk away.In the Rumble we could have Ambrose takes out Mark Henry and drop him and tell Reigns to spear him and Reigns does it.But then Reigns spears Ambrose.He then throws him out turning tweener.Big E. comes in eliminating Reigns and Henry.We could have Ambrose confront him the next night have Reigns apologise to him.Then Mark Henry calls out Ambrose but instead he get's Reigns.After Big E could call out Reigns.Reigns could go on to def. Big E. for the IC title.After that we see Ambrose,Rollins run down surround Big E. they start the attack but Reigns spears Ambrose.Rollins yells in Big E.'s face only to get beat up by Reigns.The next night Big E. and Reigns do the rematch and shake hands.Rollins and Ambrose make their way out but Big E. get's back in the ring.Rollins run down while Ambrose sneaks off to the back.The next week we see Big E./Reigns vs Ambrose/Rollins.But Ambrose pull an Randy Orton off on Rollins.Reigns get the win and Mark Henry walks out to celebrate with them he clothesline Reigns and hits WSS on Big E. Then we get Reigns (c) vs Ambrose (c) vs Rollins IC/US title unification match and Big E. vs Mark Henry.

Not saying it should happen but what if....
Reigns win the Royal Rumble and then Ambrose and Rollins get's jealous and jumps him.At EC he end's that chapter by defeating Ambrose for the U.S. title.The next week he drop's the title claiming he doesn't need it anymore and tells how he alway's awanted to spear HHH.He doesn't like Orton.Kane is a sellout.And Stephanie's only priotity is being an indusrty **** from Test to HHH to even The Undertaker of all people.This could bring out HHH who get's in Reigns face and takes off his suit all mad.But Reigns spears him Orton could sneak and go for the RKO but Reigns catches him with a spear.He could defeat Randy Orton for the title becoming the new face of the company.The next night HHH pedigree's Orton and calls him a failure and fires him.HHH say's at Extreme Rule it will be him and Reigns for the title.Reigns wins of course but HHH strips him of the title and fires him.The next week Reigns spears him taking his title.He winds up feuding with HHH until Summerslam where he beats Hunter with the stipulation of Hunter would have to step down and retire if he loses.Reigns could hold the title for a long time.This could lead to Cena getting jealous and turning heels on Reigns leading to a match between them at WMXXXI.With Reigns winning followed by a Cena retirement speech.But the speech is bogus and Cena returns at Summerslam and beat Reigns for the title.Reigns beat Cena for the title again at NOC.I would personally love to see this.But sadly the IWC will most likely shit on it.

Most likely/More Realisticly though: he will just break Kane's record.

I personally feel that Roman Reigns at this embryonic stage in his WWE career has (to steal an old J.R quote) an unlimited upside. Maybe more so than many other talents currently on the 'E's roster.

Not only does he have the "right look", but the guy can work. Displaying a good amount of athleticism and possessing timing in the ring beyond his experience level on the big stage.

His only shortcoming thus far, is his inability to cut a "money" promo...then again, he hasn't really been given that chance 'nor has he been called upon by the way he's been booked to deliver as such.

But, from what we've all seen, the WWE smartly at this stage in his career, keeps his mic time to a minimum. So many of the great promo men of our time started out as less than stellar on the stick, so Reigns isn't alone there, but who knows?
He may develop that essential part of his act as time goes by. With the right booking, combined with care from the Creative end...He truly has a chance to evolve into something special.

In terms of his 2014 Royal Rumble appearance and the reports flowing that WWE has grand plans for him, I personally don't see that breaking Kane's elimination record of eleven as being on the cards.

Mostly because Glen Jacobs as a time served, hard working veteran, who struggled under the guise of many failed gimmicks and finally struck gold with his portrayal as the barbecued younger Brother of the "Phenom", has this one defining moment that his character deserves.

Vinnie Mac and his cronies I believe will preserve Kane's Rumble record as an acknowledgement of Kane's services to the company.

The again, records were made to be broken, time will tell.

I'm more leaning towards Reigns obviously gaining some impressive eliminations and I think the story after the show, what we're all talking about will be who he eliminated not how many!

I also feel, as no doubt 99.7% of us do....that Reigns would be better served by climbing the mid-card ranks somewhat slowly and allowing fans to really connect with his persona in a more organic way, rather than a few big wins that may provide an initial pop, but will ultimately not elevate him in the way a big win should.

As I mentioned earlier, time will tell on Roman Reigns and if he can continue and strive to better himself as his career develops and learn from his more experienced foes, He has the potential to be a star for years to come.

This feels like a Jack-Hammer thread...

Anyway, can any of us say we're surprised that WWE is high on Reigns? The dude has the It Factor. Great look, decent in the ring and his spear is vicious. He needs work on the microphone, but I'm sure if/when he feuds with Ambrose, he can learn as he performs.

He really feels like Batista to Ambrose's Randy Orton. While Ambrose had all the hype at the start, he will likely be in the midcard for a while and take some time working his way up to becoming a bona fide main eventer, Reigns feels like he's going to be catapulted straight to the top in the next year. It's a rare thing to see these days in a rookie, but he already feels like he's a notch above the Intercontinental and US titles.

So, while I don't feel he should win the Royal Rumble over Bryan or Punk, he's a lock for final 4-6. If there's an Elimination Chamber match next year, with Orton or whoever having to defend his title before the Wrestlemania match, I'd put money on Reigns dominating before ultimately being eliminated last by Orton (or whoever is the champion at the time.)

As for Wrestlemania opponents, one or both members of the Shield seem like an obvious choice. Or, if the implosion of the Shield is more of a slow-burner, it could be the Shield vs. the Wyatts, where the Shield play the babyfaces, only to be screwed by Ambrose or something similar.

I also wouldn't object to Reigns being completely on his own at Wrestlemania, taking on a part-timer like Batista. Someone that will be a big enough deal to create interest in the match and that makes Reigns seems like a badass by beating.

Either way, everyone sees the potential in this dude to be a major player, and I'm excited to see how he's booked next year.

As a long-time Reigns supporter, I'm happy to hear about WWE's "big plans" for him at the PPV. But the reports DO say that the plans are for him in the Royal Rumble match, so unfortunately that nixes any IC title hopes.

Before reading the three posts on this thread before mine, I wanted Reigns to break Kane's record. But after reading Steve's post, the best thing for Reigns is to tie it, that way his name is tied to history and Kane doesn't lose his deserved spot. OR, maybe Reigns' #11 could be the winning elimination? We can only dream at the moment, but hopefully he gets pushed on Raw in the coming weeks to prepare us for his inevitable singles push.

Now that there is only won belt, we can rule out him winning the rumble. I think he will be one of the last two in the ring. I dont really see what else they can do at the rumble. It would be interesting to see him eliminate Rollins and Ambrose though. I like Reigns, I think he is really good in the ring. I just dont want them to just give him the title and expect money to come flying in.

I can also see Roman Reigns being fast tracked to the Big Leagues as soon as the Shield is broken up.
I am not sure I like that, I would rather him being built up and be the one building the US title(Big E is already doing much more than Axel ever did for the IC title) in a feud with Dean Ambrose...No need to push him into the Main Event at this point, rather let the likes of Daniel Bryan,Randy Orton,CM Punk and John Cena fight over the newly-unified title for a little while in the near future, also Sheamus will also be there as well....

An Eye-catching Rumble show for Roman Reigns with a screwjob elimination on him by Dean Ambrose, should ignite a good feud leading into Wrestlemania, and the US Championship would have a good build up through this feud. Let Reigns win the US title at Wrestlemania and build him up using the title as a worthy Singles competitor and get him over with the crowd as a babyface... He has the look required, the intensity and his ring work is also impressive enough, use the US title run as a trial run first to build him, then by Wrestlemania 31, maybe,just maybe, if everything goes well we might get Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan in the Main Event.\\

Doubt it will happen that way....

I don't know that he'll be champion any time soon, but I'd bet we see him get some pretty big feuds over pretty soon.

The one that seems the most interesting to me is BROCK SMASH!!!! vs. ROMAN SMASH!!!!!

Two big, powerful badasses who work a bruising, physical style. It could be a match that could easily headline Summerslam.

Reigns is gold and he can be the next Face Of WWE its in his blood . As for the Big Plans at RR one thing spring to mind that could give Reigns the push and spotlight to make him massive BROCK LESNAR rather then use him to make already top stars look good why not use him to make the superstar of the future .

Brock Lesnar enters say no8 and dominates eliminates 5/6 people looks unstoppable no15 Reigns enters they start down throw punch back and forth then the buzzers sounds no16 enters Reigns spears no16 taunts them eliminates them no17 comes down Brock shows off f5 taunt eliminate then they both go at it then BANG Spear Reigns eliminates Lesnar ..... WM Reigns V Lesnar

I can also see Roman Reigns being fast tracked to the Big Leagues as soon as the Shield is broken up.
I am not sure I like that, I would rather him being built up and be the one building the US title(Big E is already doing much more than Axel ever did for the IC title) in a feud with Dean Ambrose...No need to push him into the Main Event at this point, rather let the likes of Daniel Bryan,Randy Orton,CM Punk and John Cena fight over the newly-unified title for a little while in the near future, also Sheamus will also be there as well....

An Eye-catching Rumble show for Roman Reigns with a screwjob elimination on him by Dean Ambrose, should ignite a good feud leading into Wrestlemania, and the US Championship would have a good build up through this feud. Let Reigns win the US title at Wrestlemania and build him up using the title as a worthy Singles competitor and get him over with the crowd as a babyface... He has the look required, the intensity and his ring work is also impressive enough, use the US title run as a trial run first to build him, then by Wrestlemania 31, maybe,just maybe, if everything goes well we might get Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan in the Main Event.\\

Doubt it will happen that way....

I really hope they do take their time with Reigns. I like the Wrestlemania IC title shot idea. I'm just scared they'll have him look good at the Rumble only to face Orton/HHH sooner than expected and lose his steam

I'm with the OP on the idea of Reigns having a run at the IC title. Especially with the unification of the main titles, we really need something to make the IC title relevant again, and to hopefully establish it as that secondary title behind the WWE WHC. No offence to any Curtis Axel fans here, but his title reign made the IC title totally irrelevant to me. It needs breathing new life into it.

Well i would like him to Win the IC title but i wouldn't pull the trigger on that for a few months since Big E just got it and we need to see what the man can do with it. I think by the time Mania is over he will be IC or US champion......hell maybe both. I could see him winning the IC title then winning the US title at Mania.

He wouldn't merge the titles but for a few months he would defend both in separate matches on PPV's. This would add fuel to his push as they could really hammer home the guy defends two titles at PPVs and wins.He would then imo be best served to drop both on the same PPV maybe do to a screw job with some main eventer setting up a rivalry with him which elevates him to the Upper Mid Card and slowly start to creep into that WWE Title picture.

Side note just wanted to say i hope he doesn't break kanes rumble record as i think its a nice tip of the cap to a man who IMO has been undervalued by the company at times. Back in the early 2000s he should of won the WWE title and had a nice run with it when he was red hot ( no pun intended). Sadly tho that didn't happen do to someone marrying into the family.....

Roman Reigns is definitely the next big thing in wwe. I would love to see ROMAN REIGNS VS DAVE BATISTA. As it is now almost confirmed that the Animal is returning to wwe, i would like to see him feud with Roman Reigns.
The story line can go on like this :- Batista returns and joins the authority. He can have some matches and beats down superstars like Danial Bryan, CM Punk etc. initially. But as we proceed towards Wrestlemania he and Roman Reigns can come in each others ways and starts the feud slowly. As the Shield is also on the side of authority so it has to be done cleverly. May be Reigns spears Randy Orton or some other authority member accidentally. Batista spears him in return. Both have a stare down. Next day the authority calls up Reigns and ask him to apologize and to control his aggression. Reigns will agree obviously. But it will start the tension between him and Batista. Both can have brief moments for couple of weeks, where Batista can tease him and not take him seriously. Ultimately Roman Reigns loose him aggression and spears Batista(we have seen from past few days that Roman Reigns character is turning into a No Nonsense guy). Then the authority and other shield members turns against Reigns and making him a face. Finally we can see wrestlemania Roman Reigns vs Batista.
This would be a great boost to the Roman Reigns wwe run.

Do we have any proof of this? Other than "VINS LIKEZ DUH MUSSULZ"? I mean, seriously? This wreaks of bullshit. He's talented but he's the worst of the Shield. He may get pushed, but not to the moon anytime soon. Maybe he breaks lanes record! maybe he doesn't. Maybe he just gets over because he'll be the babyface to break off from Shield.

Like his look, good ring presence, but cannot talk for s**t, needs to fix himself on the mic before he get's "pushed to the moon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back