• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Fish in a Small TNA/Impact Pond

CM Steel

A REAL American
With Stone Cold Steve Austin putting over TNA's Samoa Joe in a recent tweet on Twitter and spilling the beans about Joe's contract with TNA. And the possibilty of TNA/Impact wrestling going out like WCW did just over ten years ago with their network that there on. With that there are (or where) several TNA talent jumping over to the WWE, with some talents heading over to FCW to develope there skills first.

So if TNA/Impact wrestling doesn't shape up in any form. Could we see bigger TNA names crossing over to the WWE?

-Samoa Joe
-A.J. Styles
-Beer Money
-Crimson
-Hernandez
-Abyss

And former WWF/E names returing(?)

-Kurt Angle
-Jeff Jarrett
-Mr. Anderson (Kennedy)
-Rob Van Dam
-Jeff Hardy
-Ric Flair???

But where would all that fill the future of Sting? Sting has never wrestled in the WWF/E before for different reason's.

So is it time for those names and new names of wrestling to move over from this rest haven called TNA/Impact wrestling to the WWE? Who should go and who can benefit from the jump the most?

I could see some of it. Probably not Jarrett,Hardy or Abyss just beacause they have burned their bridge with wwe or in abyss's case,does not have alot to offer wwe.

Ive always thought Crimson and Bobby Roode fit great with wwe. James does to just character wise doesnt seem as flexable and flashy as Roode. Crimson could be just another powerhouse(zeke,kane,etc). Hernandez is possible but I just cant see it.

I could see Kennedy,RVD and Kurt in a wwe ring because they are still great at what they do,and have something unique to bring to the table.

I love AJ but I jsut dont see him going to wwe. Not because they wouldnt want him,I honestly believe no matter what anyone says,they would jump at the chance to get him due to just how obviously skilled he is in the ring. I just dont see AJ choosing to go there because his love for TNA. I think we would see him go back to ROH before going to wwe.

Samoa Joe though I can see and honestly wouldnt bet against it happening soon. If this was 3 months ago I would of said no way. Yet with this new movement starting(with CM Punk at the head of it) and Joe looking for something to light a fire under him,I can see him making the jump. I think Joe has just needed a solid hope for a push,which TNA just can never seem to give him as of late. I feel if WWE were to bring him in and really give him the proper push,he would be back in great shape in no time. With WWE already having Daniel Bryan,Evan Bourne,CM Punk,Tyler Black,Alex Koslov and possibly bringing in Hero and Claudio,Joe would fit right in with the new movement of "reality" based wrestling and more focus on actualy wrestling skill.

Before you get hammered by Tna Fanboys for starting this thread and proclaiming that everything is fine and dandy with Tna...

Let me just say, out of all the names you have listed, I would like to see....

Kurt Angle : Potentially Undertaker's last WM opponent. Or even with John Cena
Alex shelly : Would have great matches with Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kingston and Bourne
AJ styles : Same as Alex Shelly, great matches with Cm Punk, DB, Christian.
Joe : He could have a great program with Big Show, Cm punk, truth or Db.
Bully Ray : His bully gimmick is actually good and could have a great story line with the current WWE anti-bullying campaign.
Shark boy : Would be great in money in the bank or Tlc type matches or a 1-1 againt Rey or Evan bourne.

I however don't want to see ungrateful shit heads likes rvd, jeff/matt hardy, tazz or kendrick in the WWE ring again.

tough to say - a lot of those guys had chances to go to wwe and passed. joe has said in the past that he doesn't fit their mold and i think i agree. right now, i have a hard time thinking of anyone jumping from tna to wwe and being used in an important role. i just don't think wwe would acknowledge their tna careers so it would make storylines a little tough. who know, i coul dbe wrong.

Who says TNA will go under?

Who says Spike TV will cancel Impact Wrestling from its programming?

Just because Spike are reaching out to women viewers (which is a good thing for TNA too because there are a lot of female wrestling fans out there who actually prefer wrestling rather than what WWE do) and didn't mention TNA in their press conference, doesn't mean TNA is in trouble. Didn't they only mention those shows being taken off their network? If so then that tells you that TNA is staying right there on Spike TV.

As for people jumping to WWE, I'm honestly not gonna play this game because I can't and don't wanna see anyone jump to that company. Some wrestlers they just won't understand, others they'll limit, some they'll mistakenly leave alone without picking them up and others they'll get rid of from development like they did before.

I can see most like Joe, Abyss and others going to Mexico, Japan or ROH rather than WWE unless they really desperately need the money like Christian, Danielson and Gail Kim admitted as the main reason they went back to McMahon's company. Otherwise......

I'm still holding my breath that the Dudley Boyz will return to the WWE to finish their careers while making the tag division better. I'd love Angle to come back, because I've always felt that he's too good to be in TNA. I don't think it's totally impossible for RVD to return, he's probably on better terms with the WWE than other people, but then again, he's probably got retirement on his mind in the next few years.

I think depending on how he was booked, AJ Styles could be huge, or atleast a solid mid-carder. I don't think that the WWE would book Samoa Joe right though, I just have a feeling...

As for Sting, I'm completely on the fence about this... While I wouldn't rule it out as a one time thing, I'm completely stumped as to who he'd go against. Maybe they could use him in a backstage or commentator capacity...

As for Sting, I'm completely on the fence about this... While I wouldn't rule it out as a one time thing, I'm completely stumped as to who he'd go against. Maybe they could use him in a backstage or commentator capacity...

I'd honestly hate for sting to come to WWE right now. Not that I don't love the guy, He's one of my favorites and one of the few reasons I started watching TNA when I did. However, he's held out for so long now, I personally feel that if he did make the jump it would just sort of tarnish this legacy he's built up. Not that it would make him any less of an Icon (capital "I" there). It's just he's one of the biggest names that have never wrestled (or set foot, for that matter) in a WWE ring. To change that and make the jump there at this stage of the game...I think he'd lose something. Just my opinion.

For the last time, Sting has openly said, he will not ever go to WWE. A deal was on the table though. Kurt Angle has said, he will due backstage duties with TNA and he will invest his time within the company.

I honestly cannot think of anyone that would go to WWE besides Flair, Hogan, RVD, Hardyz. Everyone else is 100% behind TNA according to their UK interviews.

80% of their deals are long term. AJ Styles, Morgan, Pope, Anderson are signed through 2013. There is alot of people on the roster who had run ins with WWE and disliked the way they handled negotiations or them within the company like Kaz, Kendrick, Aries, etc.

id like to see samoa joe,abyss and aj styles in wwe those three would be fresh faces for the wwe theres nothing left for them to acomplish in tna they need to go to wwe and be in the mainevent picture

the hardys hogan or flair no thanks both tna and wwe dont need those guys

I'd honestly hate for sting to come to WWE right now. Not that I don't love the guy, He's one of my favorites and one of the few reasons I started watching TNA when I did. However, he's held out for so long now, I personally feel that if he did make the jump it would just sort of tarnish this legacy he's built up. Not that it would make him any less of an Icon (capital "I" there). It's just he's one of the biggest names that have never wrestled (or set foot, for that matter) in a WWE ring. To change that and make the jump there at this stage of the game...I think he'd lose something. Just my opinion.

I fell the same if tna went out of business tomorrow id rather see sting in roh or another start up sting in wwe would tarnish his legacy

How about no one? Because TNA isn't going under. Whatever dunderhead believes that is well... A dunderhead. Should TNA ever do sink, that would hurt wrestling as a whole if it leaves WWE alone again. Think about all the major stars that can't make it to WWE because it would be too saturated. WWE couldn't handle it, they can barely do with the people they have today.

I mean to me, the biggest "fish" as you put it, are the guys that jumped ship from WWE. I don't hate TNA (I think it's garbage for the most part, but I'm not here to bash it or say the same, tired insult) but you look at some of their originals and I couldn't see any of them getting over in the WWE. AJ is a great, great talent but he's very bland. His promos are weak and really, what can he do that Evan Bourne or Gabriel or Morrison can't? I've never seen the reason why he gets so much hype. Then you have Joe who, for being a big guy CAN move but I don't see anything special in him either. He's also very boring to me and I think that's the problem, at least for me, where TNA's originals are concerned. They're just bland, boring characters that don't really excite me all that much. I'm not a WWE mark in the slightest but I can see why TNA goes out of their way to hire people who were in the "Big Leagues". You can see it in their personalities. I feel Sting, Angle, Steiner, and even the Hardys or the Dudleys, both of which I cannot stand haha, just look much, much more comfortable in front of the cameras and on the microphone, even if BPP or Jeff/Matt are terrible on them. They are used to being on television and know how to sell for the people who aren't just watching for pure wrestling (its a shame I even have to make that point but alas that's the world we live in.) but for people who are used to larger than life personalities. AJ, Joe, Daniels, Kaz, etc... just don't have that aura about them.

AJ is a great, great talent but he's very bland. His promos are weak and really, what can he do that Evan Bourne or Gabriel or Morrison can't? I've never seen the reason why he gets so much hype.

Umm...He do high flying fast wrestling, he can do brawl style wrestling, he can do technical wrestling, grappling. He puts on great matches....He's far beyond Borune, Gabriel and Morrison. AJ can outwrestle Kurt Angle. Which is HARD to pull off.

I agree he is bland, his mic skills are as well which is why he isn't the John Cena of TNA like he should be.
Then you have Joe who, for being a big guy CAN move but I don't see anything special in him either. He's also very boring to me and I think that's the problem, at least for me, where TNA's originals are concerned.
You haven't watched him in 2005? He was a Samoan version of Cena, Triple H and Umaga all in one. He can brawl, grapple, wrestle, do technical style wrestling (obviously)

His promos are really good, for his career he isn't boring at all but he has been the last 2 years.
They're just bland, boring characters that don't really excite me all that much. I'm not a WWE mark in the slightest but I can see why TNA goes out of their way to hire people who were in the "Big Leagues".
I'm glad someone does. TNA has also tried to fix their weaknesses with AJ being heel with Flair, Joe being a heel working with Taz, etc.
You can see it in their personalities. I feel Sting, Angle, Steiner, and even the Hardys or the Dudleys, both of which I cannot stand haha, just look much, much more comfortable in front of the cameras and on the microphone, even if BPP or Jeff/Matt are terrible on them. They are used to being on television and know how to sell for the people who aren't just watching for pure wrestling (its a shame I even have to make that point but alas that's the world we live in.) but for people who are used to larger than life personalities. AJ, Joe, Daniels, Kaz, etc... just don't have that aura about them.
Exactly. The only guy with an "aura" is Robert Roode and Crimson right now.

Exactly. The only guy with an "aura" is Robert Roode and Crimson right now.[/QUOTE]

too many lockerroom ego's involved for the company the best thing to do would be put the belt on robert roode but they wont do it untill its too late or never

I highly doubt that. They've been high on him for awhile now. The hold up is because they are looking to split up Beer Money but also keep James Storm within Tag Teams.

Chris Harris was suppose to team with Storm and re-form AMW, Storm was supposed to turn heel on Roode but of course, Chris Harris is a fat idiot who refused to get into good enough shape.

Roode will win the belt soon.

. AJ is a great, great talent but he's very bland. His promos are weak and really, what can he do that Evan Bourne or Gabriel or Morrison can't? I've never seen the reason why he gets so much hype.

What Styles can do that Morrison can't is wrestle matches like the one he and Daniels had at Destination X- technical, methodical, well-built, 30-plus minute, main event caliber matches. Matches that don't solely rely on two or three unique spots to be memorable.

Put Styles back in a company like ROH and he'd be producing a handful of five-star matches a year. I also think that Bourne could potentially be similarly successful back in that environment, but the WWE style relegates him to spot monkey duty as well.

As for Gabriel... give me a break. Just because a guy is athletic and can do a 450-splash does not make him AJ Styles. Three or four years back(when AJ was Gabriel's age) he would've "flown" circles around Gabriel. But the main point here is that Gabriel is no where near AJ's league in terms of being a complete in-ring performer.

AJ is much more on Bryan's level than he is on the level of a guy like Morrison or Gabriel.

I Wish tna/roh/wwe will all come to term with each other and sign a mutual contact (something like that) with one another where they cant directly compete with each other (unless story line wise), you know, helping the business in a whole. Like they can lease each other wrestlers that aren't being used, and the contact owner of the said talent gets compensation while the talent gets paid, what double? If ROH; TNA; WWE stay in the current time slots, No one will be directly competing with one another.

Like vince isn't using zack ryder atm, he could send him to tna or roh and still earn something from his "lease" of that talent [zack ryder] with that company (roh, tna) and vice versa or wwe divas could be talking smack about the knockouts on twitter and one monday a few of the knockouts shows up on raw.

I'm a complete wrestling fan and not a "fanboy" of one brand and something i wish would happen but know theres a 140% that wont happen and i NEVER wish so much bad fortune on one brand over the other like i see on here.

I can't really see anyone jumping ship if I'm being honest. I doubt TNAs main stars are struggling for cash so I see no reason why anyone would want to leave.

However, I would like to see Samoa Joe leave for WWE. Simply because I don't watch WWE and Samoa Joe just takes up TV time in TNA that could be better used elsewhere (like where the hell is Ric Flair!?!)

Did someone seriously suggest Morrison and some other scrubs are on the level of AJ Styles? Lol There's not a single guy on the WWEs roster that has anywhere near the ability that AJ Styles has. Suggesting anything different is like me claiming Amazing Red is as big a character/star as John Cena.

Samoa Joe - I've never been a huge fan of Joe. He's pretty good inside the ring but he's as bland and one dimensional as it gets. He's played the brooding, angry tough guy with a chip on his shoulder since coming to TNA and I've never bought into it for a second. A big reason is because Joe doesn't have the physical presence or look to come across as an intimidating badass. I don't know if this is true or not but I've read that Joe has been asked several times by TNA management to lose weight. If they have, he obviously hasn't done it and that suggests an attitude problem. That won't fly in WWE, it simply won't. If the brass asks a guy to drop some weight and he refuses, then he's not going to be very prosperous. Not like they'd be asking for a kidney. Brodus Clay, while still a big guy, dropped over 100 pounds and he's still far heavier than Joe is so if he could, Joe could.

A.J. Styles - Styles would do very well in WWE. Since Triple H started revamping the WWE's development system, Styles is exactly the kind of guy he's looking for. Styles is both a young guy and a veteran. He's been in the business for more than a decade, he's worked in a lot of different indy promotions and he's the overall biggest star that TNA has ever produced. He's got the goods in the ring and he can actually cut a decent promo most of the time. However, Styles has said lots of times that he's a TNA guy. Plus, he signed a long term deal with TNA a few years back that was for 7 or 8 years. I think he's got at least 5 years left on that deal.

Beer Money - Beer Money is quite possibly the best overall tag team wrestling has seen in past half decade. They both are good in the ring, both can talk on the mic, both have personality and charisma. Neither guy has much to crow about when it comes to singles competition, but both guys have potential to be big singles stars. One thing working against them, at least to some degree, is that they're both 35 years old. While still relatively young, they're not getting any younger. If they have WWE aspirations, then I think they'd need to get a move on. However, I'd say both of them are pretty much set on sticking with TNA.

Crimson - I'm not all that wild about Crimson. He has a great look and that's the best thing going for him right now. Also, like Bully Ray said, Crimson has been around for a cup of coffee. TNA may be pushing him hard right now but it's far too early to tell if Crimson has the goods or will fizzle out.

Hernandez - Hernandez is terrible. He's sloppy in the ring and horrible on the mic. Aside from a great look, the guy doesn't really bring all that much to the table. Zero charisma, no personality and he just simply doesn't have what it takes to make it as a singles guy. In my opinion, the guy's a dud.

Abyss - Abyss brings nothing special to the table at all. Abyss was so awful and corny for so long that it still overshadows anything he does. The WWE has several guys already that are as big, or bigger, and are simply much better at doing the same job that Abyss would do.

Kurt Angle - Angle has said several times that he intends to retire in TNA. Dixie Carter will literally give him anything he wants. She's done it the entire time he's been in TNA. He works when he wants to, he takes time off when he wants to, he usually has pick of who he'd like to work with. He got Jeff Jarrett banished for over 6 months from the company that he not only originally owned and founded but who also still owns 27% of the company stock. That's power that Angle will not have in WWE. He'll always be a star and be treated like one, but he'd also have to tow the line like everyone else on the roster.

Jeff Jarrett - As I said, Jeff Jarrett still owns almost 30% of TNA. He's not going anywhere. He's invested himself to TNA in every way.

Mr. Anderson (Kennedy) - Anderson has burned bridges in WWE by often criticizing other wrestlers, some of whom are mega stars in the company, for some of his own shortcomings. Anderson's run in WWE was plagued by several injuries that, when all totaled, kept him out for somewhere around 20 months. I can't be 100% sure about this but he either failed a drug test or he did an interview on a radio show in which he said that using steroids wasn't a big deal. It was one of them or both of them. I know that he was suspended for 30 days regardless. Then there are those that say he's lazy or sloppy, he allegedly nearly injured Randy Orton during his last match in WWE, etc. Anderson has blasted and criticized WWE time and time again so I wouldn't expect to see him back.

Rob Van Dam - RVD has a sweet deal with TNA. He makes more money than the vast majority of the roster and he works a part time deal. If he wants time off, then he's got it. RVD will never be a big star in WWE again and it's hard to blame Vince for that. After Vince finally gives the green light for RVD to be elevated to a main eventer, he gets himself busted on drug charges while he's simultaneously WWE and ECW Champion. It just ain't gonna happen.

Jeff Hardy - Jeff Hardy is a bullet that WWE managed to dodge. Less than a week after he leaves the company, his house gets raided and he's arrested on multiple drug felonies. On top of that, Hardy leaves WWE while he's in the middle of the biggest push of his career and during a time where he's never been more popular. Hardy is someone that's made some bad decisions both personally and professionally and, at this point in time, he's just a liability and a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Ric Flair - I think there's potential that Flair could return. However, the thing is, Flair still wants to wrestle and the WWE's not interested in having him wrestle. I've seen Flair in TNA and there've been times in which he's really been embarassing to watch. Flair is a legend and could be a boon to WWE if used in the right way. The problem is that Flair wants to be used as a wrestler despite the fact that he's 30 years, or older, than most of the current WWE roster.

Sorry, guys if I offended you :p but I really see nothing special about AJ Styles. To me, he's good...not great. He's no Danielson and he's certainly on Angle.

Guys like AJ Styles, and Daniels could potentially be pushed to at least the midcard in WWE. Samoa Joe, Crimson, and Abyss might all have a shot at the world titles. Beer Money would easily become the best tag team very quickly. The main problem is that any of the bigger TNA names will have the risk of getting buried upon their WWE debut, due to TNA being the #2 federation and regardless of how much of a threat they are to WWE they are still competition. Returning former WWE stars would have better luck. Nash got to come back in the Rumble. Booker is an announcer and a Tough Enough trainer. Angle and Hardy would immediately get put back into the world title scene. Flair could be a manager or a GM. RVD and Anderson probably would not do too well, they left WWE on bad terms and various mistakes on their part ended some of their pushes in both of their cases. Jarrett would almost certainly get buried as a result of him being the founder of TNA. Other than Sting, he probably is the least likely of all to ever return to WWE. Sting has said on many occassions that he will never work for Vince and I bet he will stick to that belief no matter what. There is no one specific who I would pick to jump over to WWE, but I definitely think that the older names benefit more in returning to WWE than TNA grown talent do in jumping there because they have past momentum to regain, while many of the younger guys risk getting buried and are not as well known so they would have to become over.

I don't think TNA is going under at all.Even if Spike actually does drop them,there are other networks that would certaintly pick them up.That being said,it would be disasterous for wrestling as a whole because as been stated we're back to just one show in town.If this did happen though,I wouldn't be surprised if the ex WWE talent chose to work the Indies or overseas rather then come back as much as I would love to see some of these stars back in WWE.Not saying I don't enjoy them in TNA but I hope you get the point.The TNA originals would most likely be buried although I do think A.J Styles could do quite well in WWE.He'd be great to freshen up Smackdown and have awesome matches with Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Christian.Beer Money would be awesome too bringing new life to the Tag Teams.

What about Mike Tennay? No room for him in the annouce booth? A lot of people crap on him, but I enjoy him a lot! I don't know about Beer Money, the name to me is so cheesy. Also look at what WWE did to the Wildcat Chris Harris! R-Truth is doing quite well so maybe there's hope after all.

I fell the same if tna went out of business tomorrow id rather see sting in roh or another start up sting in wwe would tarnish his legacy

I don't think Sting in WWE would tarnish his legacy at all, and if anyone thinks that, they obviously are not a true fan if something like that can affect their opinion over a wrestlers whole career.

At what point does a WM appearance in a high-profile match for the 1st time negatively affect ANYONES career? It clearly doesnt!

Sting at WM for a one-off match would be the icing on the cake on the career of one of the all-time greats. There is a big gap missing in the resume of Sting, as he has never wrestled on the grandest stage of them all, and thats sad to see. He obviously has his principles, and I understand those, but I do think he owes it to himself and the fans who desperately want to see him, to at least show his face at one WM.

He would clearly be treated as a big deal, the match would be high-profile and there is obviously enough people who want Sting in WWE to make the match worthwhile. Just look at the hype that was going around after the Sting-WWE rumours started around WM this year???

If Sting was ever to wrestle for WWE, even in just one match...it would only add to the legacy of The Stinger.

These are the guys I can see WWE potentially be interested in signing:

Crimson - Very young and has a lot of potential. Vince likes the bigger guys which Crimson is and I'm sure he would make Vince a lot of money which Vince loves. I think we'll see him in WWE whether or not TNA does go out of business.

Bobby Roode - Good look, good mic skills and good in the ring. Another guy I think could make Vince money. He can be both a heel and a face and does both good.

Gunner - Another young guy with a good luck. He's talented and has a lot of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back