• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Brother 14

Ok, so I've skimmed through 5pages of threads and haven't found one on Big Brother. So, clearly it is up to me to make one. So I'll start by explaining the show/game.

Big Brother is a reality based game show that airs on CBS Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights.

The premise of the show is simple, 12-16 people start the show(Usually on Sunday night). Each week you have three big events. Sunday night you have the Head of Household(H.O.H) competition, this competition is usually a brain game, a physical obstacle course like game, or an endurance game. The winner of the H.O.H competition has to pick two players to nominate for eviction(This is referred to as being on the block).

Wednesday night is Power of Veto night(P.O.V)which is much like the H.O.H competition. Except not everyone is eligible to compete and the competition is almost never an endurance competition. The two players on the block and the H.O.H are ALWAYS in the P.O.V competition. The others are selected out of a bag with everyones names on chips, sometimes they will draw a players choice or random draw chip. Typically they're three players left out of the competition and the H.O.H will select one of those three to "Host" the P.O.V competition. The winner of the P.O.V can elect to use it on themselves or another player or keep nominations the same. The veto holder cannot be nominated as replacement nominee. Typically the only time the H.O.H will use the P.O.V(if they won it) is to "Backdoor" the real target onto the block without them having a chance to play for veto. This is usually, but not always, planned in advance.

Thursday night is eviction night. This is the last chance the nominees have to talk the rest of the house into keeping them in the house. Thursday night normally features some shady back room deals, quite entertaining. The two nominees and the H.O.H(except in a tie) do not vote. Before the rest of the house one by one enters the diary room and anomalously cast their vote to evict, the nominees are given one last chance to plead their case to not be evicted.

I personally love this show for quite a few different reasons. One, it's like 'The Real World'(No TV, internet, phone, outside world, etc) except there is actually a motivation to stay in the house. A prize to be won, $500,000. Secondly, this show exploits human behavior like a mother fucker. Lying, cheating, and back stabbing are very good methods to success, but not the only ones. This show really shows peoples true colors. The bad guys win sometimes and the good guys win sometimes. Perception is everything. Thirdly, it is a great show to watch and discuss, as the audience sees everything(cameras and microphones in every room except the rest room), nowhere to hide. So it is one of those shows you sit there and watch with your wife or friends or whomever and you find yourself talking throughout the show about the endless possibilities/scenarios. That adds a whole other level of enjoyment by itself. I personally can't get enough of it.

Anyways, now that we have that out of the way my questions are simple. Do you watch, if yes why? Have you ever even heard of the show? Is it something you would be willing to watch and why or why not? General thoughts, discussion, and opinions.

I watch it when I get the chance (when I am off every other Thursday for eviction night, and the Eviction nomination ceremony every other sunday). I enjoy it, because it's like living with a bunch of roommates and you are at each others' throats, you are lying to them, backstabbing them and even eating their food (when some of them are "have-nots" and have to eat slop the whole week.). My wife and I watch it (she got me hooked back in '05.) and we always find one person that is the worst houseguest of them all, and you just hope that they get evicted that particular week. I think the only way to really be a really good player in Big Brother, in my opinion, would be form a strong alliance, maybe play both sides of the fence (the game), talk a lot (in terms of strategy) to the Head of Household and to other players, and just play your damndest for all the power in the house. Without all that, you could be the first evicted as opposed to being first evicted and the first member of the jury house.

The Australian version starts up tomorrow night after a few years of not being on, new station, new host same location as all the rest. They made a mistake though, airing it at the same time as Home and away which is The thing for 90% of Aus to watch at 7pm, so I don't think the ratings will be any good. I'm not a fan of big brother, to much carry on when it's on from all the do-gooders. But I will be watching it for the first few episodes at least to see if it's worth watching seeing I can go see it live for only $5.

The British versions final is On Monday and it has been pretty decent this year full of right arses tho ( Same as every other year) Our celebrity version starts on Wednesday will be watching that purely because Dog the bounty hunter is in it and that should be a good laugh.

I watched a few episodes of this show during one of the early seasons, shortly after Survivor became mega-popular. I thought it was pretty dreadful, but I watched a few episodes because there was a well-endowed, hot blonde chick on the show. I didn't know the U.S. version was still going after all of this time. I'm betting not much has changed though. The premise of the show couldn't be duller: people sit around a house and are voted out. These shows, like Survivor, tend to be won by the lamest person who has the least amount of personality and manages to piss off the least number of people. If I want to watch people sit around a house all day and bitch, I have my own life. A celebrity version could be good though, depending on the celebrities of course.

On further review, if I don't want to watch people sitting around bitching, why do I watch anything on television then?

I for one LOVE Big Brother I have seen every episode of the American one in fact I applied for it this year but nothing came from it will try again every year until I get on cause I think I could do great on there!

To anybody watching the american version this year, who is your favorite people and why? Personally I love me some Danielle that woman is like if I took every quality I like in a woman and put them in 1 person it would come out as Danielle. Also Shane and Britney are pretty cool digging the Silent 6 alliance but I have a feeling Frank and Boogie are gonna flip soon. :disappointed:

Very entertaining show I prefer it over the other CBS reality shows Survivor and Amazing Race.

To anybody watching the american version this year, who is your favorite people and why?

Personally I'm on Team Boogie. That guy is way smarter then people give him credit for. He has a high understanding of human behavior, which makes him a dangerous player. Add on to that his ability to win competitions and the house is in trouble. We already know he is a poker player, so we know he can see several moves in advance.

Personally I love me some Danielle that woman is like if I took every quality I like in a woman and put them in 1 person it would come out as Danielle

Oh the things I would do to her...;)

Also Shane and Britney are pretty cool

You can tell Britney came in this year with the mentality of not being sandbagged the way she was in her first season. Much better player this time around. Still not sure why she was falling for Janelle's b/s. Not sold on Shane, he can clearly compete, but he has already broken his word twice. I would expect some revenge served cold via Frank.

Side note: It was pretty cool to get that inside look at Frank's family, him being Psycho Sid's kid and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back