• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Better DX Tag Team

Which DX Team

• New Age Outlaws

• HHH-HBK One Last Stand

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS​
[YOUTUBE]g7wsJM7WFbg[/YOUTUBE]

vs

Micheals and HHH 2006-2010 ONE FINAL STAND
[YOUTUBE]BkvplmOtmX4&feature[/YOUTUBE]​

The OUTLAWS were a staple of DX and the Attitude Era. They are together the FIVE TIME WWF Tag TEAM CHAPIONS OF THE WORLD, The Road Dogg Jesse James, The Bad Ass Billy Gunn, The New Age Outlaws!" The Outlaws feuded against the legion of doom, Kane /Shamrock and most notably Mankind and Terry Funk which culminated in a Dumpster Match at Wrestlemania.
VS​

HHH and HBK were forced back together by Vince and reformed DX and went on to become five time WWE Tag Team Champions. They had notable feuds with The Spirit Squad, Mcmahons, Rated RKO, and later with ShowMiz.They were together much longer as DX, but split from time to time into singes feuds.

So Who will it be?

I much preferred the New Age Outlaws as a tag team. HHH and HBK were always primarily singles wrestlers. The Outlaws were a real tag team. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn weren't particularly great singles wrestlers, but they were a good team and they actually had some pretty good matches. There was a lot of chemistry between them. And that entrance made DX 4000x cooler.

Hands down the better DX tag team was the combo of HBK & HHH. They were better on the mic than the Outlaws, better wrestlers than the Outlaws and I'd have to say their chemistry together was equal to that of the Outlaws. With the NAO Road Dogg was the best on the mic but was average in the ring, Mr. Ass was the better wrestler but sucked on the mic. Plus there wouldn't be this thread if not for HBK and HHH creating DX back in the day so yeah, HBK and HHH all the way.

Well its a hard choice to make, yes the new age outlaws was the tag-team of DX, but the thing is that without HHH and HBK there wouldn't be a DX to begin with. I will have to choose both combinations because without HHH and HBK there would be no New Age Outlaws.

I have to go with the Outlaws. They were the best tag-team at that time with winning the belts 5 times. The intro was always entertaining and they worked well together. I really don't consider HBK/HHH a tag-team because they were both former champs before actually being a tag-team. So to me with tag-teams it is THe New Age Outlaws, no questions asked.......

Oh, You Didn't know.................................. Your ^&* better call somebody!!!!!

New Age Outlaws hands down. Hunter and Shawn stood on their own merits and tag teamed because it was fun and funny to watch. The Outlaws were nothing without each other, but were megastars when paired. I would have loved to have seen a DX where they were altogether.

New Age Outlaws by far. HHH and HBK are great wrestlers, but they can't be on the same page as the Outlaws when it comes to tag team. I think this is why DX was so good. They had a good tag team and they have HHH and HBK for headliners.

Personally, I enjoyed the "last stand" of DX, HHH and HBK, far more than the Outlaws. I never really enjoyed the work the Outlaws did, they were always just henchmen, in my eyes. They meshed well as a tag team, but in quite a few of their feuds they needed the other team to get them over, whereas HHH and HBK were always the marquee team. I enjoyed their mic work better, their in-ring work, and I thought HHH and HBK were just a lot more interesting to be honest. This isn't meant to discredit the Outlaws, but HHH and HBK just did for me.

I think it's clearly the Outlaws. Yes, HBK and HHH were the bigger stars, but I think we all forget just how big the Outlaws were. Go back and watch you-tube clips, when the Road Dogg started his "oh you didn't know" stuff, the whole crowd was into it, and it could easily be as loud as a DX suck it chant.

It would be like comparing the Dudleys to the Brothers of Destruction or the Road Warriors to the Rock and Sock Connection. True great tag teams are few and far between, whereas 2 stars thrown together for an angle are not really a great team.

THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS​
[YOUTUBE]g7wsJM7WFbg[/YOUTUBE]

vs

Micheals and HHH 2006-2010 ONE FINAL STAND
[YOUTUBE]BkvplmOtmX4&feature[/YOUTUBE]​

The OUTLAWS were a staple of DX and the Attitude Era. They are together the FIVE TIME WWF Tag TEAM CHAPIONS OF THE WORLD, The Road Dogg Jesse James, The Bad Ass Billy Gunn, The New Age Outlaws!" The Outlaws feuded against the legion of doom, Kane /Shamrock and most notably Mankind and Terry Funk which culminated in a Dumpster Match at Wrestlemania.
VS​

HHH and HBK were forced back together by Vince and reformed DX and went on to become five time WWE Tag Team Champions. They had notable feuds with The Spirit Squad, Mcmahons, Rated RKO, and later with ShowMiz.They were together much longer as DX, but split from time to time into singes feuds.

So Who will it be?

Sorry to be picky but I was under the impression that they only won it once? They've both won it with other people but I'm pretty sure a big deal was made of the fact that when they won it in Shawns final year it was the first time they had.

Anyway individually HHH and HBK are better but as a actual tag team in terms of chemistry etc. the New Age Outlaws take it.

I go with the New Age Outlaws. They were just awesome. I found them more entertaining than the original DX. I also loved their enterance, i mean who didn't.

Oh you didn't know?...
Well your arse better call somebody !!!!

I tought they were great during the MacMahon/Helmsley Era.

The choice is obviously Michaels and Trips. To go against them in a "which team is better?" argument is almost pointless. They are two of the best of all time when alone, and together? Dang near unstoppable. The New Age Outlaws may have won more tag team championships but beyond that they only won a couple of midcard titles and a king of the ring. Trips and Michaels are multi-time world champions. From a kayfabe perspective, this would mean that either one could defeat the Outlaws by themselves. Let alone together. It took the teaming up of former world champions Edge and Randy Orton to defeat the Michaels/Trips version of DX. I guarantee you that if Michaels was not leaving after Wrestlemania then they would have been champions longer and would not have lost to ShowMiz. Even if you look at the ShowMiz loss, it took a former world champion and a guy being prepared for a main event run teaming together to defeat them. ShowMiz or Rated RKO would have destroyed the Outlaws. So.... no contest. The epic final run of DX is the superior tag team out of the two due to how amazing DX was as a team.

New Age Outlaws were a tag team because they were destined to be a tag team. They worked great together and being a tag team was the highlight of their careers.

Triple H and HBK on the other hand were two singles superstars who ended up as a tag team because they were great friends. To me, they were a tag team because they had to be a tag team. Both men had their highlights of their careers in singles comp.

I'd say that HHH and Shawn were a great team, but they were already established singles wrestlers. The Outlaws were established as a tag team from the start and even when they did seperate and Billy Gunn became "The One", you still refered to them as better tag team wrestlers. So my vote goes to the Outlaws.

The choice is obviously Michaels and Trips. To go against them in a "which team is better?" argument is almost pointless. They are two of the best of all time when alone, and together? Dang near unstoppable. The New Age Outlaws may have won more tag team championships but beyond that they only won a couple of midcard titles and a king of the ring. Trips and Michaels are multi-time world champions. From a kayfabe perspective, this would mean that either one could defeat the Outlaws by themselves. Let alone together. It took the teaming up of former world champions Edge and Randy Orton to defeat the Michaels/Trips version of DX. I guarantee you that if Michaels was not leaving after Wrestlemania then they would have been champions longer and would not have lost to ShowMiz. Even if you look at the ShowMiz loss, it took a former world champion and a guy being prepared for a main event run teaming together to defeat them. ShowMiz or Rated RKO would have destroyed the Outlaws. So.... no contest. The epic final run of DX is the superior tag team out of the two due to how amazing DX was as a team.

You've missed the point a bit I feel. The whole point in a tag team is that they're a good team and they work well together. They don't have to be successful singles wrestlers individually. Take The Road Warriors or Dudley Boyz for instance. Both great teams, but not particularly well-known in singles competition. Tag team wrestling is supposed to be about chemistry, thus if you work well together you could beat anyone. That's the theory. The Outlaws beat the Hardys, the Dudley Boyz, the Road Warriors, Edge & Christian and the APA to name but a few. Those teams were real tag teams. The ShowMiz and Rated RKO nonsense are 2 teams thrown together that comprise of 2 singles wrestlers who would probably rather not be in a tag team. The Outlaws held their tag titles in an era where tag wrestling was strong and when there were good, real tag teams around. Those titles shouldn't be dismissed just because HBK is one of the greatest ever, and HHH has won x amount of Heavyweight Championships. Personally, I never liked HHH/HBK as a team. That is where our opinions differ apparently.

Definetly have to go with New Age Outlaws here, though I love HBK and HHH they were singles wrestlers who teamed up every once and a while. Plus as MancMark said, it's about chemistry and the Outlaws had that. Not only were they a better team but they were the best team when the tag team division actually had talent.

easily NOA, watching them two together they had so much chemistry together, they clicked so well together that if you hear of one of them you automatically think of the tag team. when you hear triple h or shawn micheals you think of singles stars.

The choice is obviously Michaels and Trips. To go against them in a "which team is better?" argument is almost pointless.

Yeah, it's not like they ever lost to a tag team before.

They are two of the best of all time when alone, and together? Dang near unstoppable.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase beat them.

The New Age Outlaws may have won more tag team championships but beyond that they only won a couple of midcard titles and a king of the ring. Trips and Michaels are multi-time world champions. From a kayfabe perspective, this would mean that either one could defeat the Outlaws by themselves. Let alone together.

So HBK and HHH are a better tag team than Edge and Christian, The Hardys, and The Dudleys. They're also better than Demolition and LOD. That's essentially what you're saying.

It took the teaming up of former world champions Edge and Randy Orton to defeat the Michaels/Trips version of DX.

I guarantee you that if Michaels was not leaving after Wrestlemania then they would have been champions longer and would not have lost to ShowMiz.

Keep telling yourself that.

Even if you look at the ShowMiz loss, it took a former world champion and a guy being prepared for a main event run teaming together to defeat them.

ShowMiz or Rated RKO would have destroyed the Outlaws. So.... no contest. The epic final run of DX is the superior tag team out of the two due to how amazing DX was as a team.

Rated RKO only beat DX because of Bischoff and they beat up on Flair and Piper.

I missed the ShoMiz reign entirely. I do remember them losing to the ultra bland Hart Dynasty.

I always thought that Road Dog and Gunn had great chemistry as partners and they complimented each other really. They were tage team wrestling in the WWF ib the late 90's. I also think that they needed each other. Each guy really helped the other get over. Thus, NAO got my vote.

I love HHH and HBK, but I prefer them as singles, not a tag team. I did mark out big time when the won the tag team championship together, and I enjoyed the shenanigans of their last run.

I don't know why this is even a question as New Age Outlaws are a legit team, that's been tagging for ages even before they joined DX and HHH & Shawn have only tagged on a few occassions, so obviously my pick goes to New Age Outlaws. They have great chemistry together and they've had better matches. Also I found Road Dogg's catchphrases better than HHH & Shawn's. Road Dogg was like The Rock of tag teams to me, on the mic. He would rhyme, add on different stuff and all HHH & Shawn ever did was say their opponents love cocks and then say they're catchphrases.

It's called putting over future stars. Rhodes and Dibiase were meant to get a big push out of it but lack of fan reaction ruined it.

So HBK and HHH are a better tag team than Edge and Christian, The Hardys, and The Dudleys. They're also better than Demolition and LOD. That's essentially what you're saying.

They are not better than Edge & Christian or the Hardy's. That's not what I said. It's a little thing called kayfabe. Trips and HBK together in a match could believably defeat nearly any team, how can you vote against two legends teaming up?

Rated RKO only beat DX because of Bischoff and they beat up on Flair and Piper.

Rated RKO won because they were getting put over, and it worked. Orton and Edge went on to dominate Raw and Smackdown respectively after that. Feuding with a great team like DX helped them out.

I missed the ShoMiz reign entirely. I do remember them losing to the ultra bland Hart Dynasty.

You didn't miss much. ShoMiz retained against Morrison & Truth at Wrestlemania 26, their reign was forgettable other than that. Hart Dynasty then defeated them. However, you have yet to prove that Trips & Michaels are not the better DX team. They would easily get my vote due to them being two legends and multi-time world champions teaming together, whereas the Outlaws never saw anything beyond a terrible King of the Ring push. We can agree to disagree, but the fact that Rhodes and Dibiase defeated DX is not enough to prove otherwise.

HHH and Shawn were not a "real" tag-team to me. Them teaming up was just a nostaglia thing with two veteran main-eventers just having fun. There was noting Degenerate about them any more.

While Gunn and Road Dogg were a great tag team, during a period of time when WWE was graced with several awesome teams. They had their own unique style, their in-ring introduction was a classic and they worked well together in the ring. Their styles meshed well and they actually wrestled as a genuine team.

It is easily the Outlaws for me.

New Age Outlaws for me by a long way. Maybe not the best in the ring but still one of my favourite WWE tage teams of all time. I loved the matches with Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back