BET reveals the "Top 10 rappers of the 21st Century. Your thoughts?

The Chosen One of WZ

Even TNA cant ruin ECW for me
Okay last friday BET revealed their choices for the Top 10 rappers of the 21st century (1999-2010).

The list was as follows:
1. Eminem
2. Lil Wayne
3. Kanye West
4. 50 Cent
5. T.I.
6. Ludacris
7. Drake
8. Young Jeezy
9. Jadakiss
10. Rick Ross
Honorable mentions included: The Game, Nelly, Eve, Fabolous and Gucci Mane.

This list does not include rappers that released their debut album before 1999 such as Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z and Nas.

Take your two cents on the list and give your top 10 rappers of the 21st century. Remembering the artists must have released their debut album in 1999 and beyond. Include why you make the decisions on your list.

Critera includes Money, Lyricism, Internet presence, Digital Swagga, Album Sales and Cultural Impact.

Even though I don't particularly like 50 Cent or Kanye, and cannot stand Li'l Wayne, just for the sheer success that these guys have had over the last decade I would have to agree with them following Eminem in the top 4. Shady definitely deserves to be number one as he has had phenomenal sales and has become one of the most notorious artists of all time over the last 10 years.

However, even though he got an honorable mention, I think The Game should be in there at number 5. Game has written some fucking brilliant tunes in the last few years, and has earned a place in the top 10 for sure. He is one of the few mainstream rappers still bringing the pure West Coast gangsta rap to the masses. I can't wait for R.E.D

Eminem as #1 is obvious. He definitely deserves it due to how successful he has been and how great his albums are. I would have moved 50 and Kanye above Lil Wayne though, #2 is a little too good for him. Ludacris should have been higher than TI, and the rest of the list I basically agree with other than that Obie Trice should have been on it since he is better than almost half of the guys on the list.

Not a bad list. The only problem I have with it is Lil Wayne's spot. I think BET and the rest of the "black" population give Lil Wayne a little too much credit for his "rhymes". He's extremely overrated. I don't see what most others see in the dude. My choice would've been 5 or 4. I for sure feel that Kanye deserved his spot at number three. All he needs to do is get back on track with his career. He's been putting out aa lot of shit lately, mostly 808s and Heartbreak. TI should've moved up to maybe four because the dude is fantstic on the mic and has made a huge impact in the music business. 50 made a big impact until around 2006 then he just kinda died and went off to other things trying to just make money. I like the dude's rhymes but he's hardly had a rap career. Drake- I feel its too soon for him to be considered one of the greats. Granted, I didn't listen to his earlier mix tapes before he became known but he didn't hit the mainstream until recently around 2009. Not a bad list. Now I can gloat about Em taking number one spot. Yes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back