• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Player Series: MLB Corner Outfielder

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
This is the seventh in a series of threads about the best players in the MLB at their positions. I'm going to use the past 5 years as the criteria, that eliminates one hit wonder and life time acheivement award type players.

Corner Outfielders will be the seventh position in the series.

The question is who do you think the best corner outfielder in the MLB is and why?

Be ready to defend your choice.

Sorry it took so long guys.

I didn't put much thought into this choice but I'm sure I can pull something out of my ass. My choice will be Ichiro Suzuki. I'll let the stats do the talking for my opening arguement.

Again sorry it took so long guys.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/suzukic01.shtml

I agree with Blue. Its Ichiro. The guy is just a hit machine. He knows how to spray the ball all over the field and get himself on base. He is also very intelligent when hitting. I've heard that sometimes he will purposely make himself look bad on a swing, so that the pitcher will throw the same pitch and he will know its coming. Once he is on base, he is one of the fastest guys in the league and can steal 2nd and even 3rd with ease.

Not only is he a great batter, but he is also incredible with the leather. He has won a gold glove in each year he has been in the league. He has a cannon for an arm and even at 36 years old, he continues to be the best outfielder and one of the best overall players in the league.

Ichiro Suzuki hands down. The man is one of the fastest in baseball, has a cannon for an arm, averages 200+ hits a year, has only had 1 season in his career under 30 stolen bases, and has a .330 career batting average from the lead off position. Add those stats with the stories of hitting bombs in batting practice but choosing to get on base instead of hitting home runs and you get all the makings of the best corner outfielder of the last 5 years.

I tried to find someone to argue against Ichiro just for the hell of it, but it's obviously him in a clear landslide. Best arm in the outfield, best leadoff hitter since Rickey Henderson, future Hall of Famer, great defensive player, never seems to make dumb errors and plays the game right. Ichiro, and it's not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back