Best Intro To A TV Show

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What's your favourite intro song to a TV show? It's really that simple. For me, it is the intro to Scrubs: Superman by Lazlo Bane. For me, there is no song in TV history that better sums up what you're about to see than Lazlo Bank accomplished with I'm No Superman.

The song is about the daily struggle and how you manage it. The reason it fits the show so kuchen is because Scrubs always made the audience feel as though the struggle inside Sacred Heart was so personal. What's more, all of the characters were going through the same thing at the same time. I've heard it said that Scrubs was the closest thing to a documentary about the American medical system, and with that in mind, it gives you a new appreciation for what the doctors and nurses went through in the 9 years the show was around. It was never easy, it was always a struggle. And for that reason, I'm No Superman made perfect sense to the show. It encapsulated everything that the show was about and has become an iconic theme song in TV show history for me.

But what about you? What do you feel is an iconic TV show intro?

Game of Thrones has maybe the best intro

[youtube]s7L2PVdrb_8[/youtube]

X Files also is one memorable

[youtube]rbBX6aEzEz8[/youtube]

Am a fan of animated intros and few of them are really great. Best goes to this

[youtube]MXph0arElKs[/youtube]

simply epic intro to epic series

Watched Gravity Falls lately and impressed with that one too

[youtube]ZtlX1pujSr4[/youtube]

Also not that much intro(because show doesnt have one officially) but Supernatural and Kansas with "Carry On My Wayward Son" at the beggining episode and end episode of the season is maybe best there is

[youtube]4PldWpK7krg[/youtube]

I didn't even watch one episode of Miami Vice, but that intro music kept me on that channel until it ended.

A close runner up is the intro theme for Greatest American Hero. Believe it or not, I'm walkin on air......super catchy theme that sums up the show in a nice melody.

There is GOT up here and the rest of TV openers down here.

Were there one to possibly compete on the level of Thrones it would have to be...

[youtube]Niu9Zmrx0p8[/youtube]

EDIT: Totally forgot about:

[youtube]hBe0VCso0qs[/youtube]

In case you missed it, I'm a comedy guy.

It has to be The Simpsons for me. The effort, the creativity, and the sheer hilarity is second to none, and I don't follow the show week to week anymore ( I haven't done that in years), but it's good to see they're changing things up before The Simpsons get into the house, and the newer and more inventive couch gags are really good. I can't remember the episode I was watching, but I laughed my ass off, when Marge actually hit Homer with the car.

Anyway, one of my picks goes to the intro for Treehouse Of Horror IX (when Treehouse Of Horror was still good and funny). What happens, if Bart can't stick the landing on his skateboard? What happens, if Lisa gets too close to Homer? And what happens, if Marge doesn't hit the brakes in time? Freddy and Jason waiting for The Simpsons, and wondering what happened to them is the icing on the cake, and their "oh well" reactions are just priceless.

[YOUTUBE]MysqM7AirN0[/YOUTUBE]

Sticking with Treehouse Of Horror, Guillermo del Toro's epic intro for Treehouse of Horror XXIV is something to remember. The interweaving with The Simpsons usual intro is really impressive, and they managed to blend so many movies, shows, past episodes, characters, and authors together, without mashing everything into a jumbled mess.

[YOUTUBE]3HkuVoUNddY[/YOUTUBE]

For me, it has to be Dexter. It depicts the entire character of the Main lead in under 2 minutes. I don't know, it just fascinates me to watch it over every time even when I watched the entire season on one night.

[YOUTUBE]ej8-Rqo-VT4[/YOUTUBE]

Another intro song which I really love is, The Big Bang Theory one. If you're nerdy science loving person you definitely will love this one.

[YOUTUBE]x6H7k3XBlk4[/YOUTUBE]

There's so many to choose from really. If I had to pick one, I'd have to say Thundercats. Nothing really got me hyped as a kid than when that theme song started. Hell even the visuals during the intro were amazing. "Thunder, thunder, Thundercats, HOOOOOO!

[YOUTUBE]ge2R5ndS11E[/YOUTUBE]

I personally like The Americans intro. Just the flashes of all the things going on during that World War time. I wasn't alive then, but my Grandma watches the show too and it's very nostalgic. The whole thing is just a collage and flash of everything going on at that time via the media. But the show actually is sort of a behind the scenes look that. Like that's what everyone was seeing going on and that's what they were distracted by, but what they didn't know was all the Russian KGB agents who were manoeuvring inside of the country. Just that and the music really sets the tone for the show alone.

I love the theme to Hawaii Five-O. Not the new series the old one with Jack Lord. We watch it on some channel, can't remember which one and as soon as the music starts I'm glued. Sorry don't know how to post a Youtube video but will make an effort. Also the theme to X-Files which someone else mentioned, personally my favourite show ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8RHBXjMlE

That the link to youtube I'll find out later how to post them properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back