• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Interview Show

Favorite Interview Show

• Piper's Pit - Roddy Piper

• The Body Shop - Jesse Ventura

• The Snake Pit - Jake Roberts

• The Brother Love Show - Brother Love

• The Funeral Parlor - Paul Bearer

• The Barber Shop - Brutus Beefcake

• The King's Court - Jerry Lawler

• Heartbreak Hotel - Shawn Michaels

• The Highlight Reel - Chris Jericho

• Carlito's Cabana - Carlito

• The Peep Show - Christian

• The VIP Lounge - MVP

• The Cuttting Edge - Edge

• The Abraham Washington Show - Abraham Washington

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Over the years there have been many different themed interview segments in the WWF/E. These segments featured some famous moments. Piper’s Pit is the most famous. We all know about Piper hitting Jimmy Snuka with the coconut. Who could forget Andre challenging Hogan for WrestleMania III? Some big moments took place on other shows too. The most famous is probably Shawn Michaels throwing Marty Jannetty through the Barber Shop window. Some are not so memorable such as Reo’s Roundup with Reo Rodgers and Café de Rene with Rene Dupree. Which of these shows was your favorite and what are some of your favorite segments?

Believe it or not I’m going with the Brother Love Show. I absolutely hated Brother Love when I was a kid. Like many I hated back then I’ve come to appreciate him now. Brother Love was an incredibly annoying heel who always associated with the most hated guys in the WWF, most notably Bobby Heenan and Ted Dibiase. He would constantly put down the most popular guys, especially Hulk Hogan. Brother Love wasn’t a wrestler so it was frustrating that he never had to back his words up in the ring. It was always fun when he was humiliated like when The Bushwhackers covered him in sardines or when Hogan and Beefcake cut his hair. Many major storylines either began or were advanced on the Brother Love Show. Hogan’s feuds with both the Big Bossman and Earthquake started there. Same with Randy Savage and his feuds with Bad News Brown and Dusty Rhodes. Brother Love lasted three years so he does have a longevity advantage over the others.

So what are your favorite shows and segments? Use whatever criteria you want. It could be a show where storylines were started and advanced or a show that you simply liked the idea and how it fit its host. There’s only one thing I ask. Please don’t come on here and say Michaels throwing Jannetty through the window was your favorite. It’s obvious and has been talked about to death. You can mention it, but please have something else in mind too to better contribute.

That's actually a damn tough choice if you ask me, because I'm somewhat torn between two shows: The highlight reel with Chris Jericho, or the Cutting Edge with Edge.

The Cutting Edge had some great moments as far as I remember, hell last week was a great moment, while it may not prove to be very memorable, I still marked out for the segment as a whole, and I marked out for the episode with John Cena, the episode with Jeff Hardy, hell I marked out for a lot of those episodes over the past years time.

On the other hand, The Highlight Reel has left us with some very memorable moments, Chris Jericho after winning his 8th Intercontinental championship, the episode with Shawn Michaels, numerous times even.
Chris Jericho has had some of the greatest and most entertaining segments on a interview show if you ask me, and I have to say I might have to go with this show, and leave the Cutting Edge for a honorable mention.

Pipers Pit would be the obvious choice, just because of the number of memorable moments that it provided us with. You could say the same for the Cutting Edge, or the Highlight Reel.

However, for me, (and I get the feeling I might be alone in this) for entertainment value I am going to say Carlito's Cabana. It didn't last that long, especially in comparison to a few others mentioned, but it was always funny, had some of the biggest guests, and always did a great job of starting and building fueds. It also let us see Carlito at his best, on the mic as a cocky, arrogant heel. I really hope they bring it back some day.

I will also say that the Abe Washington show would have been great on either SD or Raw, it's just a shame there was no-one on ECW that could work a crowd at the time (except Christian)

To me it's a tie between Piper's Pit (when Piper was a heel, not the face) and The Brother Love Show. I loved Piper's Pit because it was the 1st of its kind (as far as I can remember) and the way Piper just went hard at all the faces was so amazing, over the top & of course, ahead of its time. Meanwhile, The Brother Love show was so damn zany because Bro. Love's face was so damn red & he always had that Christian church music, which made it more entertaining than most of the people who appeared on the show itself.

I picked The Snake Pit just because of Jake's overall mastery of psychology and, out of them all, has the moment that stayed with me the most (when Jake turned on The Ultimate Warrior, man that was some creepy shit for early 90s WWF)

Brother love. Shows by people who aren't in ring performers stand out more. He was a heat magnet. The tan, the accent.. brother love was gold.

The Cutting Edge. Edge is awesome on the mic, and every episode furthers a storyline. To me, this is the best an Interview Show on a wrestling show can get

I would have to go with The Funeral Parlor. I think this is one of the most under rated interview show segments. My favorite moment was when the ultimate warrior was a guest and the undertaker attacked him and locked him in the coffin.

great thread and tons of favorite moments from these shows.

of course Piper's Pit with Snuka was classic, and then decades later with Rikishi.
the Barber Shop with HBK and Jannetty was classic and a great heel turn. and it was good when it was "re-done" with Jericho throwing Michaels thru the Jeritron on the Highlight Reel. great segment to allude to an old feud and start a new one!
the Snake Pit with Honky Tonk Man bashing Jake the Snake with a guitar was good.

i do agree with the previous poster that stated Carlito's Cabana was hilarious. it was always comedy gold and i liked Carlito as the host. he's got good mic work and really should have been given a longer term with that segment.

the VIP Lounge with MVP is not so noteworthy, with the one exception of when Triple H was on and was trashing on Edge for marrying Vickie Guerrero. really funny stuff with allusions to Triple H marrying Stephanie years prior. just really a funny segment, but otherwise uneventful show.

my favorite would actually be Dude Love and the Love Shack. he had some great (albeit very brief) moments as a heel wrestling Stone Cold for the title. and i just love Foley on the mic and the stage set up was so utterly ridiculous it just had to be cool. so that's my favorite. but then again, the corporate Dude Love with McMahon and the Stooges in his corner vs. Austin with the Undertaker in his corner is one of the most entertaining matches and feuds of that year. so that's my vote.

My choice wasnt technically an interview show. I dont remember the actual name of it. It was where they all sat around the table and discussed storylines, matches and so on. It was Heenan, Hillbilly Jim, Vince, Mr Perfect and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head. In the episode Im talking about, Mr Perfect accepted Savages invitation to be his tag partner at Survivior Series against Razor Ramon and Ric Flair. Bobbly Heenan slaps Perfect in the face and reminds him where he takes orders from. I remember being so happy when Perfect grabbed the "weasel" by the collar and dumped a pitcher of water on his head. I was about 10 years old and was thrilled to see him become a face after being such a bastard of a heel for so long. This led to an awesome match at SS which, of course, Savage and Perfect won. Ahhh the good old days....

My choice wasnt technically an interview show. I dont remember the actual name of it. It was where they all sat around the table and discussed storylines, matches and so on. It was Heenan, Hillbilly Jim, Vince, Mr Perfect and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head. In the episode Im talking about, Mr Perfect accepted Savages invitation to be his tag partner at Survivior Series against Razor Ramon and Ric Flair. Bobbly Heenan slaps Perfect in the face and reminds him where he takes orders from. I remember being so happy when Perfect grabbed the "weasel" by the collar and dumped a pitcher of water on his head. I was about 10 years old and was thrilled to see him become a face after being such a bastard of a heel for so long. This led to an awesome match at SS which, of course, Savage and Perfect won. Ahhh the good old days....

You're thinking of Prime Time Wrestling which was WWF's show on usa until Monday Night Raw started. Not what I had in mind, but that's ok.

I see some people are picking Edge and Jericho which is understandable. I don't care for theirs as much because WWE only brings their shows out once in a while when it benefits the respective host. The other shows were weekly shows and would advance any given storyline for any given wrestler, not just the host. It's just a different time that's all.

Gotta go with the original, Piper's Pit. It was the first of it's kind, without it how many guys would have not been showcased? Without it, the other shows don't even exist.

gotta go with Brother Love on this one, I remember several moments that happened on the brother love show including Macho Man Randy Savage and Sensational Sherri cutting Brutus Beefcake's hair on the brother love show, also one where Roddy Piper showed up and humiliated Brother Love by showing him some hygene only for Rick Rude to blindside Piper by throwing mouthwash into Piper's eyes then laid a beatdown on Piper, and there was one moment when The Big Boss Man turned face and refused a payoff from Ted Dibiase to give him the Million Dollar Belt which was stolen by Jake The Snake Roberts, and one I remember from a couple of weeks after Wrestlemania V where Rick Martel got into a brawl with Tito Santana after Santana nailed Slick with a sucker punch

Yeah I gotta go with Brother Ove on this, my favorite show (and his last) being the one bofore the career ending match between Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man. Warrior said he wasn't going to wait til the ppv to start ending careers and proceeded to destroy Brother Love and his set, I marked out fro that as a kid.

I had not seen much of the earlier shows but the Highlight Reel really amused me because of the interactions it resulted in. For example, I did not watch wrestling in two thousand five but saw a clip of John Cena after he came back from surgery at Survivor Series before last year and Jericho in it, introducing the new champion. I loved the stage and how it was set up with the high shiny chairs to suit the height of them. Jericho just had a really good projection of the voice and said "Ladies and gentlemen ... John Ceeeeenaaaaaaa ..... ". It kind of made me disregard that they were feuding afterwards. Also, Cena came out with bright big baggy clothing on and clearly looked like a teenager in high school being happy to get on the air even if it was not new to him. The way they behaved was almost hilarious.

Three words. I Looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeee Yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Piper's Pit was a good one. The Funeral Parlor, another good one at a time, which helped push the then-newcomer Undertaker. The best one today would be Chris Jericho's with the Jeritron 9000, although I'm biased as I'm a big Jericho mark.

At present I'd say The cutting edge, it's had a few moments on there in the past more so in 2005-06 era, I liked the feel of it, two chairs and two mics, no thrills, no nothing straight up talking, when it was first debuted it was more cutting edge, and used to push storylines, nowadays it's used maybe once-twice per year when WWE feel the need to do something with Edge like turn on Mick Foley, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, I'd of liked to have seen Edge use this show maybe once or twice a month when he was injured to help push fledging feuds on smackdown, and also keep him in the lime light.

Over all I'd say The Heartbreak hotel, I remember watching superstars as a kid and that was a regular fixture on the show, I remember a few of the interviewed on the show like the clowns running around crawling all over, the fake Undertaker on the show, as well as Bret/Bulldog and Owen/Backlund among others.

Brother Love Show

I also hated Brother Love as a kid! He would always have the face come on the show only to get beat up by whatever heel they were feuding with at the time. Most notably with Hulk Hogan. I remember when he was feuding with Earthqauke give him an "Earthquake Splash" and injured him, Hogan was clutching his cross and his chest.

I was loving WM V when there was the Piper's Pit, when it was time for Piper to come out, out came Brother Love dressed in a kilt and he impersonated Piper. Then Piper comes out makes a fool of Love and rips off the kilt.

There were so many memorable moments with The Piper's Pit where lots of big names got their start. The Barber Shop segment where Shawn Michaels throw Marty Jannety throw the window really got me hooked on the WWF and wrestling in general. I also loved seeing Ric Flair and The Ultimate Warrior on The Funeral Parlor show and the Snake Pit. The Brother Love show was great too.

I'm not taking anything away from Jericho and the other shows in WWE right now, but there are just too many shows with nothing special going on. Maybe we will see a Peep Show, Highlight Reel, or Cutting Edge show once every few months. Don't get me started about the useless Carlito's Cabana or horrid Abraham Washington Show.

I think the major interview show that everyone tuned in to watch was The Piper's Pit. That was the original and most meaningful show. The other shows are second rate compared to Piper's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back