Best in the WWE: Powerbomb

AK2V8

Pre-Show Stalwart
There have been many modified versions of the classic powerbomb. But what I want to know is who do you guys reckon has the best powerbomb out of these men.

Batista: Batista Bomb

Technical term: Sit-out powerbomb

What he does differently: He shakes the ropes like a hypo man, puts both thumps up and down with an intese stare to his opponent (or in other words theatrics), toe kicks them, and instead of standing up while powerbombing theme, he falls down into a sitting position for alot more effect.

The Undertaker: Last Ride

Technical term: Elevated powerbomb

What he does differently: He has them up in powerbomb position, lifts them up higher and drops them from a higher position.

Jack Swagger: Gutwrench Powerbomb

Technical term: Gutwrench Powerbomb

What he does differently: He has there head at the side of his hip, before "spinning" them up into powerbomb position and jumping slightly for the powerbomb.

Sheamus: Celtic Cross

Technical term: Running Crucifix Powerbomb

What he does differently: He lifts them up into powerbomb position but instead they are sitting on his shoulder, then he does his little run for kayfabe impact for the powerbomb.

Bobby Lashley: Dominator

Technical term: Inverted front Powerbomb

What he does differently: He does the same thing but instead slams them belly first.

Which one has the most impact?
Which gets the crowd on their the best?
Which one has the most credibility?

All you need to do is express your opinion

I'll get in on this while everybody else is focused on the rock.

Which one has the most impact?
I would say that if done by the same person, every move would have the same impact, but what really matters is wich can keep a man down for the three count and with that I would have to say Bobby's Dominator, Landing on your gut can knock the wind out of you as well as hurt so I think this is the most effective out of the lot.
Which gets the crowd on their the best?
Without a doubt the Undertakers last ride, Only because he is the most over wrestler that does a power bomb.

Which one has the most credibility?
Again it would have to be the last ride, very few have kicked out of it.

The best out of them would probably be the Undertaker's Last Ride. Though my personal favorites are Diesel's Jacknife and in my opinion, the best powerbomb I've ever seen was the triple powerbomb Brock Lesnar did on Spike Dudley when Brock made a debut on Raw. Youtube it.

I think Diesel or Kevin Nash, should get some recognition for his Jackknife Powerbomb. His technique is different than the rest on the list, so that should get him in as well.

Overall though, my favorite Powerbomb ever was Brock's Triple Powerbomb. It has the most impact by far. How could it not be credible? One of the strongest men to ever compete in WWE is picking you up over his head and driving you down to the mat with force like no one else can deliver. It always "WOWs" the crowd. So, for me, it easily wins.

Quick shout out to some other Powerbombs or "Powerbombers" that should be on this list...

Mike Awesome - He had a whole different way of delivering it as well. He also would do it off the top ropes at times.

Sid Vicious - Sid actually had multiple ways of doing it. Sometime he would drop down to his knees when he slammed the guy down. Sometimes he would use the standard way. He even had a Jackknife Style that he used at certain times.

Vader - Vader would simply crush a guy with a Vader Bomb.

Kane - He used it differently then most other guys that have used it in WWE. Kane would fall forward onto his stomach when he slammed the guy down.

Even D-Lo Brown had a pretty epic Running Sit Down Powerbomb that he used often.

I'd have to say that Undertaker's is the most suspenseful that I've seen. The fact that he holds his opponent up there for a few seconds adds to the suspense of the impact that is about to take place. I think Batista's looks the most powerful though.

Actually the best Powerbombs are not on that list. Nash's Powerbomb is by far one of the best in terms of impact. Picks you up and just drops you. Other types of powerbombs the performer is actually doing the motion as well. Nash nah, I'm just going to drop you.

The other one would have to be Mike Awesome's Powerbomb. I think he did it through 3 tables once.

I think Mike Awesome had the best powebomb of them all but in the WWE right now there is nothing to compare with the Last Ride

The strength it must take to hold another 250lb man vertically above your head, lifting them from a sitting position on your shoulders is incredible. I have never seen anyone other than Undertaker even attempt this move.

While Batista's techically had a harder impact, the force of a near 7 foot man lifting you up and then bringing you down flat on your back must be pretty severe too.

My favorite's Kevin "Diesel" Nash's Jackknife powerbomb. His delivery was so bad ass. Plus he was able to successfully powerbomb The Big Show (Superbrawl 1997 not Souled Out 1998 which in all honesty, I'm not sure if that botch was a work or legit).

I was a big fan of the Awesome bomb since he would use it on the top ropes. It was a pretty convincing move.

Big Undertaker fan so the Last Ride is my favourite but I think of the one's mentioned Lashley's would give the most impact as being slammed so fast right on the stomach must be painful.

I'd like to give some support to the gut wrench, swagger in his title rein made this move impressive, at least to me, me and my friend absolutely loved the gut wrench lol, I think it worked because it looks so difficult to do.

I was always a big fan of Jushin Thunder Liger's Ligerbombs. The running version especially looked devastating.

As far as best in WWE, I would probably say the Last Ride. Bradshaw also had some pretty hellatious ones in his time.

P.S. Sorry about the double post.

One of The Undertaker's last ride's on Kurt Angle (about 10 years ago) is the first one that springs to mind. Lifted him up by his trunks and then SLAM. Ridiculous impact.

There is no doubt in my mind. It has to be deadman inc's last ride. Just because of the sheer elevation that he gets on his victims. We don't see it often anymore because the undertaker is aging therefore his spinal column isn't as strong as it used to be 10 years ago. Therefore he can only do it to victims who are a little lighter than himself or in the case of big show or mark henry, they would have to be at the turnbuckle for the undertaker to get them onto his shoulders. I've unfortunately been a victim of a last ride from a guy who was 6"8 but on a huge bouncy castle many years ago and that still hurt my neck that day. The thing is with the last ride, if not executed perfectly by the victim, he will end of slamming his head before his back so yeah I've seen a few last rides by the undertaker (especially during its early introduction) whereby the victims end up slamming their heads on the mat instead of their backs first.

How do u forget Kevin Nash/ Diesel? He was doing his jacknife powerbomb well before any of these guys! You got to throw him some major respect.

But I think this is an easy one, The Undertaker's last ride. Undertaker is already one of the tallest superstar in the wwe, so when he elevates it to 2-3 feet higher than a regular powerbomb, you really get a powerful impact.

My personal favorite is the Vader Bomb. A lot of the time it just looked like Vader was trying to kill his opponent.

Of course, with Vader it's certainly possible that that is exactly what he was trying to do.

Runner up is the Doctor Bomb. Dr. Death had an amazing gutwrench powerbomb.

My vote would have to go to The Undertaker or Brock Lesnar. When The Undertaker can get someone really high in the air and use all of his force to slam them down, it looks a lot better than some of his weaker ones. To understand why I said Brock Lesnar, watch what he does to Spike Dudley near the middle of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOlxvPtaQ7s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back