• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best in the World: Battle of the Belts Anticipation Station

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
This Friday - not Sunday - ROH presents Best in the World: Battle of the Belts on pay-per-view from New York City's worst wrestling venue, Terminal 5. Yet somehow the show is sold-out, which is a good little indicator that they've done something right in the building to this card which is pretty stacked and has the best build of an ROH PPV yet.

They're doing a good job of hyping everything, from their video packages...

[YOUTUBE]_wXLgUSbD54[/YOUTUBE]

To the match graphics...

CHlkv0zW8AALVw_.jpg

To the card itself...

CHk0d5BWgAIczeP.jpg

CHGEPgSW0AExz2e.jpg

1zybg6.jpg

34taerq.jpg

ifybh1.jpg

2vcu79z.jpg

Pretty hyped, and I actually think PPV's on a Friday isn't a bad idea (not that every company should do it) but I'd like to see some do it more.

Really looking forward to the tag title match and the six man tag. That and Jay Lethal finally becoming ROH champion.

I'm looking forward to how the show looks. They've apparently, according to both Dave Meltzer and Mike Johnson made some large investments in production in anticipation of the following days TV taping, so I wonder how the show will look and feel in comparison to other ROH PPV's. Hopefully they'll have worked out a way to host a wrestling show in Terminal 5.

Nothing particularly lackluster about this lineup. Strong build around the marquee match-ups. Especially the Battle of the Belts.

It will be interesting to see how this event goes over with a Friday air time. I credit them for going against the grain and away from Sundays. It makes sense with their television tapings. It is funny that ROH just moved the live event where TNA let their schedule ruin a WHC bout at Slammiversay.

Lethal doesn't win then who honestly can? Jay has been unstoppable at this point. There's no one else legit enough to beat him.

Moose is my man forever though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back