• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Feel Good Songs

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
OK, so I'm listening to Pandora Radio and my creatively named "The Fray Radio" station. I've run through The Fray, John Mayer, The Goo Goo Dolls, Five for Fighting, the like. It got me thinking. What's the best feel good song? These men make their living through making songs that are there for you to blow off some steam.

I, for one, am going to be completely unoriginal. Sorry. I've been going into the WWE sections and their eye raping amount of "Shelton vs. Rock for WM 26!!!" threads. Anyway, I nominate "Don't Worry. Be Happy." by Bobby McFerrin.

[youtube]yv-Fk1PwVeU[/youtube]

I believe one of the biggest travesties to happen in musical history is when people give Bob Marley the credit for this song. Bob Marley was great, no lie. But Bobby McFerrin deserves every bit of credit for this song. I defy you to listen and NOT smile at the very least. I always laugh when he says "Look at me! I'm happy!" It's just plain hilarious.

So. Is there a song out there that makes you happy? Is it better than "Don't Worry, Be Happy?" I hazard a guess it's not. Stake your claim.

Ahh Razor you bastard, I've contemplated making this exact thread a hundred times but never go through with it. I love "Don't Worry, Be Happy", how can you not? I never used to enjoy the song until I saw it used in the film Jarhead a few years back and it's grown on me secretly.

One of my personal favorite "Feel Good" songs is "Feel Me Flow" by Naughty by Nature. Not as popular as their big hit "O.P.P.", it's definitely my favorite song by this very underrated group. The beat to the song is funky and has that party kind of atmosphere, like the kind of music you'd hear blaring out of a cheap boombox on a hot summer night block party. Good times are to be had by all when they hear this song, and it's infectious chorus. Listen, and feel good my friends.

[youtube]Ii_nmVkzDGM[/youtube]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back