• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Faction of All time

Who's the greatest faction of all time?

• NWO

• DX

• Evolution

• Hart Foundation

• 4 Horsemen

• The Shield

• Wyatt Family

• Legacy

• Ministry of Darkness

• The Authority

• Right to Censor

• Nexus

• Nation of Domination

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
Who do you think is the best faction (3 members or more) of time-time?? (During their prime of course) DX? Horsemen? NWO?? There have been a lot more than I have listed.

I'll list them below in the same order they are on the voting list above...lets see who everyone thinks Reigns supreme!!!

1) NWO-(Hogan,Hall, Nash, and group)
2) DX-(HBK, HHH, Chyna, X-PAC, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn)
3) Evolution v1-(Flair, HHH, Batista, Orton)
4) Hart Foundation-(Brett Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Niedhart, Davey Boy Smith)
5) 4 Horsemen -(Flair, AA, Blanchard, Dillon, etc)
6) The Shield-(Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose)
7) Wyatt Family-(Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman)
8) Legacy-( Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase)
9) Ministry of Darkness-( Undertaker, Edge, Christian, Viscera, Mideon, etc)
10) The Authority (HHH, Seth Rollins, Kane, Big Show, J&J Security
11) Right to Censor-(Stevie Richards, Godfather, Ivory, Tyson Tomko, Val Venis)
12) Nexus-(Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Ryback, Justin Gabriel, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Carver)
13) Nation of Domination-(The Rock, Farooq, D-Low Brown, Godfather)
14) Other

Okay the first question is, what voting list?

And in answer to your question I pick the Shield. These three guys meshed perfectly, were booked to perfection and made a huge impact in an era where huge impacts aren't done anymore.

All three have and will go on to have headlining careers. The thing that makes the Shield different is that they were brought in as the Shield. They didn't debut as singles wrestlers and then become a faction, they came in as the faction to be beat. And they weren't for a long time.

Other like DX and NWO were right up there with them don't get me wrong, but you would be hard pressed to say anything bad about the Shield.

As much as I love Evolution and the original nWo, nothing tops the Four Horsemen. Nothing ever will. There were other factions before them, but they MADE factions mean something like nobody else before ever had. Evolution is the 2nd best faction in history in my opinion, and they're second-rate Four Horsemen wannabes.

Have to say The 4 Horsemen!
It set the template for future stables,
While others have been bigger,the horsemen are often imitated and never duplicated!
It is hard to follow up that act!!

gotta go with the nWo. The combination of Hogan turning bad and the illusion of Hall and Nash as guys from the competition made pro wrestling cool again in the late 90s. These guys reignited WCW as well as woke up WWE creating the best boom period in wrestling history

I voted for Evolution. I was way too young to enjoy 4 Horsemens and never particulary liked DX and NWO that much. Evolution was just like perfect stable. Past in Flair, present in HHH and future in Orton and Batista. There is a reason why those guys have 47 World Titles(if you count Flair 16) and that is how well ahead they where thought in terms of future. It would be like if HHH, Cena, Rollins and Reigns got stable now. Just gives you chills that it has something from past, present and future that you know its gona be huge now and tommorow. :)

I have to say the Horsemen as someone was always replaced and it never hurt the name "The Four Horseman" When the original NWO broke off and reformed it actually hurt the faction NWO.

The Four Horseman always stayed good.

nWo, and its not even close. the most epic moments came out of that groups war with WCW, no matter what WWE revisionist history will tell you. They hype the 4 Horsemen because Flair is HHHs bum buddy.

how anyone can say shield is beyond me. none of them held the world belt, the best they did was the tag belts and they never defended them. They didn't change the industry or take a company by storm and frankly none of them are even all that great a wrestler. They were a green unit, its insulting to the nWo and the Horsemen to even compare the shield to them to be honest

I think you could have cut the poll down to two factions, the Horsemen and the NWO. None of the others are even in the discussion(though as another poster pointed out, the Freebirds should have made that list. And maybe the Heenan Family would also qualify?). Those two groups stand head and shoulders above the rest in terms of their success and impact on wrestling.

The NWO came in with such a bang and gave the industry a huge kick in the ass and deserve a ton of credit for bringing new fans to WCW. They were the hottest thing going and the early members were big stars who were at or near the top of the cards. I believe having a member holding a world championship is very important when deciding the success of a faction and Hogan was always headlining shows. They had it all; titles, incredible heat, larger than life wrestlers, and they carried WCW on their backs.

Many of the same things could be said of the Horsemen. The NWA pretty much revolved around them for about five years. If a wrestler wanted to win a title, he usually had to go through a Horseman to get it. Ric Flair is one of, if not the greatest wrestler the industry has seen. Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson among the very best teams around and guys like Luger and Windham had good US title runs. For the sake of this discussion, I'm only considering the Horsemen up until about 90-the later versions of the group felt forced even though a few talented wrestlers were involved.

In the end, my vote went to the Horsemen. They created the blueprint for the super faction. I also feel they are helped by the wrestlers who weren't in the group more so than the NWO was. When the Horsemen were running rampant, there was no shortage of top-level fan favorites who were gunning for them. Rhodes, the Rock n Roll Express, the Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, pre-Horsemen Luger, Magnum TA(his feud with Blanchard is among my all-time favorites).....the list of wrestlers who benefited from facing the Horsemen is a long one. The NWO pretty much ran roughshod over everybody and didn't have the classic encounters the Horsemen had. I also believe the Horsemen have the edge in terms of ringwork and mic skills. With Flair, Blanchard and Arn, you had three of the best wrestlers and talkers. Longetivity is also a factor, as the Horsemen were extremely relevant for about five years. The NWO came in strong but got bloated and a bit tired after less than two years.

Fun thread, though, looking forward to seeing what others think about it!

For me, this is a coin flip between the original NWO and the Horsemen. DX probably comes a distant third after that. The 4 Horsemen, IMO, are the most iconic stable EVER. NWO represented a power shift in the MNW from WWF to WCW. We all know how the NWO and WCW turned out, but the original incarnation, as we all also know, probably represented the largest stand-alone impact to pro wrestling we have ever or will ever see.

That's why DX is a distant 3rd for me. There was a lot going on in WWF during DX's heyday, and that's not their fault. But they were a cog (albeit a big one) in a rising machine that would be known as the Attitude Era.

Those are my top 3 regardless of the list, but a question to the OP: Why is the original Corporation not on this list?

My favorite was the original nWo Wolfpac. Not the second version (with Sting, Luger, K-Dawg, etc), and definitely not the third version (right after the finger-poke-of-doom, and they became "nWo Elite"). I'm talking about Hall, Nash & Syxx. I know that technically they were part of the original nWo, and they weren't featured a lot...but they were still my favorite faction (okay, I guess they were a faction within a faction).

I've heard Hall talk at length about the Wolfpac, and how he was the one that came up with the name. He also talked about a certain Nitro taping, when Hogan showed up with an airbrushed t-shirt that read "Hogan's Wolfpac". They told him he couldn't wear it, and Hogan obliged. That's pretty cool, IMO.

Hall also talked about how upset he was when he was told he wouldn't be part of the Wolfpac when the nWo splintered. Macho Man was technically the first to leave, but Nash followed soon after. Hall wasn't on TV at that time, and didn't show up until he & Nash were set to defend the Tag Belts against Sting & Giant. That's when Hall turned on Nash, and stayed "Black & White 4Life, brother". Of course Syxx had already been fired by that point, and went to WWF to join DX & become X-Pac.

Hall also said that it would have been a better story if the nWo split would've been headlined by Hogan & Macho Man vs. Hall & Nash (or The Megapowers vs. The Outsiders!). I agree with him. The generation vs. generation thing would've worked much better. Would the Wolfpac have ended up as lame as it got if Hall would've been a part of it? Obviously I can't say...but it would've been a lot cooler if Syxx hadn't been fired, and Hall & Syxx would've stuck with Nash. The other guys (Macho Man, Luger, Konnan, Sting, etc) might have still been placed with them, so it could have been just as lame if Hall was in there too. Who knows?

The original Wolfpac could have been one of the best factions of all time if the original three guys had been the ones who first splintered from the nWo (and not added more members). Hall, Nash & Syxx could've became the next Freebirds, and went on to be the "cool" nWo. Maybe the whole nWo angle had run it's course by that point in 1998, but it became so watered down when the two nWo groups were feuding. Hall, Nash & Syxx staying an elite group of three could've made the nWo cool again in 1998. I voted "nWo", but I suppose I could've just as easily voted "other".

I'm sticking with my pick of the Horsemen as the top faction ever, but want to toss in one more that I think deserves a mention.

It wasn't on as big a stage as the rest of these, but any consideration for Jimmy Hart's First Family? They played a pivotal role in the Andy Kaufman angle, a ground-breaking one for wrestling that had national exposure. It was a revolving door of wrestlers, but take a gander at some of the talent Hart employed, at least briefly:

Ox Baker
King Kong Bundy
Dennis Condrey
Bobby Eaton
Wayne Ferris(Honky Tonk Man)
"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert
Austin Idol
Kamala
Andy Kaufman
Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
Lanny Poffo
Tommy Rich
Rick Rude
Randy Savage
The Iron Sheik
Kevin Sullivan
Koko B. Ware

As I said, I don't see them being number one but thought they should at least get a bit of recognition. There are four former World Champions in there along with assorted midcard and tag title holders. They drew some huge crowds to the territory and kept it hot for a long time.

I'm going to go with the Four Horsemen, as they were one of the first (if not the first) factions to be headed by a world champion. Almost every other faction owes a debt to the Horsemen. Yes, WCW probably damaged their legacy with its later incarnations (Paul Roma? Steve McMichael?), but the 80's version was the best faction ever, IMO.

The New World Order was great at first, but they got far too big and out of hand. At least half the WCW roster was in the NWO at some point, then when they split into NWO Hollywood and NWO Wolfpac, it just got to be a mess.

DX's original incarnation (HBK, HHH, Chyna) was edgy and hysterical. They disrespected everyone and had a great time doing it. They also had a good run post-HBK with the DX-Army lineup (HHH, Chyna, X-Pac, New Age Outlaws), but I hated the 2006 and 2009-10 reunions when it was just HBK and HHH (they were WAY too dominant for a two-man group) Especially the last one, where they had Hornswoggle as their "mascot" and became a parody of themselves.

It's so subjective based, most people will argue from opinion. Simply put it's the original nWo. They had everything, the charisma, the look, the wrestling ability (mostly Hall), the mic skills, and the shear drawing power. No other factions drew as much money as the original nWo did in the 90s. The challenge with the nWo though, was huge impact, no staying power.

You have to give it up to the Horseman as the blueprint. In my opinion, they are in fact the greatest faction of all time. The Horseman laid the foundation, but even adjusting for inflation, I doubt they made the kind of money nWo was essentially printing in the mid 90s.

Is money what it's really about though? I think it's part of it, certainly. nWo and the early Horseman were always the stars of the show in their eras. The product circled around their members and their storylines, whereas others did not.

DX were also rans. They ran alongside monster stars in The Rock and Steve Austin, that honestly Shawn Michaels and Triple H especially don't really compare to. Triple H was a great foil for Austin, Michaels is arguably the best guy on the mat out of all of them, but DX will always live in the shadow of those two men. In today's era, factions like The Shield and Nexus will always be overshadowed by the fact that they performed during John Cena's time.

nWo and the Horseman especially are the blueprints after which every faction has formed. The closest thing we've had to a modern legendary faction is The Shield. The fact that its members are atop of the product now two years removed from the groups demise is proof. The Nexus was cool at first, but it was booked into the ground.

Evolution, The Hart Foundation, the Nation of Domination, and others were all great factions, but are overshadowed by the ones that truly left an impact.

How is Legacy on this list? They were barely a faction other than whipping boys for Orton. Where are the Freebirds? Right to Censor is here, but no Radicalz? I know they were short lived, but sheesh. I think their two combined runs must have been longer than RTC, and included stars unlike Richards' faction.

The Authority has no business being on here. Garbage faction that breaks the faction format. Where is the comeuppance for Triple H and Stephanie? Why hasn't Triple H feuded with any up and coming stars? Why is Kane in the main event?

I voted for the Hart foundation realizing they might not have had the biggest impact on the faction scene but due to the depth of the talent on the roster of them. That and I am a life long Fan of the Dungeon school of wrestling that churned out the members in the faction. They had some of the most realistic styles in the business and always put on great matches.
That said I think the 4 Horseman were the prototype of the Dominate faction and had one of the most lasting impacts in the business. They were the blueprint for most factions that followed.
The NWO revolutionized and refreshed not only the faction concept but breathed new life into the industry as a whole. It was unfortunate that they took it to far and it became bloated and collapsed under its own weight.
DX was the WWEs answer to the NWO and they also breathed new life into the faction concept and blazed the way into the attitude era.
While I can see an argument for having premier wresting managers rosters as factions I don't know if they really qualify as much of the time the bulk of their stables were one after another member wise instead of having the unified numbers of say the Horsmen or the NWO. At times though the did have decent enough numbers I guess to rank them as a faction, but I always looked at them more as stables under one mastermind rather than the unified force of individuals working in concert toward the advancement of the whole unit.
I never considered the Freebirds as a faction, to me they were more the team that broke the mold of tag team wrestling. They were unique and original , but never an actual faction in my mind.
I may be picking nits here and going back to the 4 horseman concept but to me factions had 4 or more members. Below that they were mini factions or just teams. Granted that the NWO started with just the 3 it quickly morphed into more members

The first faction that comes to mind would have to be when I was growing up watching The Four horsemen (Flair World Champ, Tully Blanchard T.V. Champ, Arn and Ole Tag Team Champs) I think ole and Arn were the Tag Champs. They were dominant in there day.
My personal favorite was DX both of them (HHH,Shawn,Chyna) and (HHH,Xpac,Chyna,New Age Outlaws) they were very dominant in there day as well.
Evolution had all the hardware Flair-16 World Titles,HHH-13 World Titles,Orton-12 World Titles and Batista-6 World Titles that makes 47 I know they all did not happen while being together but WOW.
I think I would have to say DX the second they wreaked so much havok on everyone the New Age Outlaws were your Tag Team Champs and I am sure HHH was the World Champ at some time during there time. I think X-Pac was a Champion as well.
I did not Know the Four Horsemen as much but they would be a very close second.

I'll go wayward and vote for The Authority. It's just coz they are the absolute power that ruled WWE. They had decided who should be the Champion and who shouldn't be. They made Randy Orton the World Champion and screwed Ziggler off the IC title and gave it to Barrett. Even before that they had screwed Dean Ambrose for the US title. Hell they even had their hands on the Diva's division. In my verdict, they are the real power!!

Cheers!!

In my opinion, the greatest factions of all time were:

5. Main Event Mafia
4. Evolution
3. D-Generation X
2. New World Order
1. Four Horsemen

Every Stables' goals are to win Championships Title Belts...and keep Championship Title Belts. The 5 Stables I selected did exactly just that. The members kept the leader on top, and stood at the top of their respective divisions. Each team above had World Tag Team Champions, mid-card Champions (Intercontinental, United States, Leg-Glo-Vision, European, Television, Hardcore, Cruiserweight, X-Division) and World Champions. They also all had "not as great as the original" comebacks.

There are other Stables I liked, (Hart Foundation, Ministry of Darkness, Corporation, Corporate Ministry, New Blood, Cabinet, Legacy, World Elite, Fourtune, Immortal) but not as much as these 5.

Hart Foundation are my personal favourites (you forgot Pillman). Bret was a great heel, something a lot of Hotman fans thought we would never say. The fact they were all related helped bring realism to the faction. It just made sense.

Nwo probably had the biggest impact on the business and DX were probably the most popular all things considered.

No Fabulous Freebirds on your list? Possibly the first ever known wrestling faction and seemed very inovative and ahead of their time, Together nearly 10 years before the concept caught on with other earlier groups like the Horsemen or Heenan Family etc, The original wrestling faction before a wrestling faction was a thing.
Certainly bigger in their day than others on your list like Right to Censor and Nexus.
From your list my top 3 would be The NWO, The Hart Foundation and The Four Horsemen.

Who do you think is the best faction (3 members or more) of time-time?? (During their prime of course) DX? Horsemen? NWO?? There have been a lot more than I have listed.

I'll list them below in the same order they are on the voting list above...lets see who everyone thinks Reigns supreme!!!

1) NWO-(Hogan,Hall, Nash, and group)
2) DX-(HBK, HHH, Chyna, X-PAC, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn)
3) Evolution v1-(Flair, HHH, Batista, Orton)
4) Hart Foundation-(Brett Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Niedhart, Davey Boy Smith)
5) 4 Horsemen -(Flair, AA, Blanchard, Dillon, etc)
6) The Shield-(Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose)
7) Wyatt Family-(Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman)
8) Legacy-( Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase)
9) Ministry of Darkness-( Undertaker, Edge, Christian, Viscera, Mideon, etc)
10) The Authority (HHH, Seth Rollins, Kane, Big Show, J&J Security
11) Right to Censor-(Stevie Richards, Godfather, Ivory, Tyson Tomko, Val Venis)
12) Nexus-(Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Ryback, Justin Gabriel, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Carver)
13) Nation of Domination-(The Rock, Farooq, D-Low Brown, Godfather)
14) Other

Pretty much agree with that.

But I would put Evolution a little lower, and Authority is not qualified to be on the list. They are just to awful.

Triple H 20 minutes promo just ruined WWE and the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back