• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Champions

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
In you're opinion who are the best wrestlers to hold these titles and why:-

WWE Championship:-Kurt Angle= Always put on great matches and does killer promos.

World Heavyweight Championship:-Triple H= The only truly bad year he's had since joining WWE was in 2003 when he was carrying to much weight and he could'nt carry Steiner and Nash to decent matches.

United States Championship:-Goldberg=He held it when he was the biggest thing in wrestling and made the title mean more.

Intercontinental Championship:-Honky Tonk Man=Never put on good matches but he held it for so long it gained prestige.

WWE Tag Team Championship:-Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle=When the title was introduced in 2002 Angle & Benoit made the Smackdown mid card the place to go for real wrestling.

World Tag Team Championship:-Hart Foundation=One of the best tag teams of all time.

Womens Championship:-Trish Stratus=The most decorated womens champion in WWE history.

Cruiserweight Championship:-Rey Mysterio=Never had bad matches in his early WCW career when he was in feuds with Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho.

Hardcore Championship:-Rob Van Dam=In 2001 the title actually ment something when RVD held it.

European Championship:-British Bulldog=The most pointless title in WWE history, the only time it meant something was at One Night Only in 1997 when the Bulldog lost to HBK.

How far back are you talking? And what criteria are you using? Yes, Kurt Angle has arguably the most to bring to the table, as far as in-ring ability is concerned, but the WWF rode Hulkamania to prominence in the 80's, so Hulk Hogan wins there; and many would argue that Bob Backlund perhaps was the most skilled technical wrestler ever. Trish Stratus really is fairly talentless; I liked Moolah in her prime, or perhaps Gail Kim. And Honky Tonk may have the record for longest reign, but Ricky Steamboat was far more talented, and Don Muraco was (IMO) by far the most brutal IC champ ever.

If you're talking the last few years though, I can agree with most of your choices...

WWE Championship- Bret Hart=Could make Gillberg look good in a match and great technical wrestler.

World Heavyweight Championship- Sting=Was to WCW what Hogan was to WWF. He could brawl,wrestle, high fly etc..

United States Championship-Lex Luger=the greatest U.S. Champion of all time had legendary and brutal feuds with Rhodes, Windham and Koloff over this title.

Intercontinental Championship-Razor Ramon=Entertaining champion and had a sweet fan base.

WWE Tag Team Championship-Los Guerreros=Technical and high flying wonders.

World TagTeam Championship- New Age Outlaws=No team in recent memory had it all like those two entertainment wise..

Women's Championship-Chyna=Seemed unbeatable as champ.

Cruiserweight Championship-Dean Malenko= See Bret Hart..

Hardcore Championship-Undertaker=Made the title look like the World Championship and I was actually lookin g forward to see the belt be defended and was a brutal champ..

European Championship-Owen Hart=Had good feuds against HHH over the title..

WWE Champion- Triple H- A really great champion, never puts on a bad much, great heel and face.

World Heavyweight Champion- Sting- He's a legend, and great wrestler.

Intercontinental Champion- Shelton Benjamin

WWE Tag Team Championship- Rey Mysterio/Edge- Short lived, but I loved how they mixed and matched styles.

World Tag Team Championship- Edge/Christian- I always liked this tag team, great wrestling, classic matches, and they were hilarious.

Women's Champion- Madusa- Could wrestle the pants off of ya.

Hardcore Championship- Hardcore Holly- I love the matches he defended the title in.

European Champion- Owen Hart- Great wrestler, and great feuds.

Flames Out
Dragon

WWE Championship:-Bret Hart. Always wore the title with more prestige, honour and pride than anyone else. Always had great title matches, (against Owen, Diesel, Bulldog, HBK and Taker to name a few). Other great WWE champions are Hogan, Savage, HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH and Angle.

World Heavyweight Championship:-Since the title came back in 2002, i would have to say Chris Benoit. But in it's entire history, probably Ric Flair.

United States Championship:-Ric Flair or Sting.

Intercontinental Championship:-Bret Hart. He had in my opinion 2 out of the 4 best IC matches of all time, (against Perfect and Bulldog, the other 2 would be Savage/Steamboat and HBK/Razor).

WWE Tag Team Championship:-Angle and Benoit.

World Tag Team Championship:-Hart Foundation=One of the best tag teams of all time.

Womens Championship:-Trish Stratus.

Cruiserweight Championship:-Rey Mysterio.

Hardcore Championship:-Rob Van Dam.

European Championship:-HBK.

WWE Heavywieght Title- Stone Cold

World Heavywieght Title- Booker T

ECW World Heavywieght Title- Tazz

Intercontinental- HBK

World Tag Team Champs- 2 Dude's With Attitude

WWE Tag Team Title- World's Great's Tag Team

US Title- John Cena

Women's Title- Trish Stratus

Hardcore Title- Mick Foley

Crusierwieght Title- Billy Kidman

European Title- HBK

WWF/WWE World Title- Bret Hart...always a fighting champion, fought a wide variety of opponents...had the whole vibe of you would think he was gonna lose the belt, and somehow he always found a way to win...transitioned WWF from Hogan era to Attitude era...

NWA/WCW/World title- Ric Flair...was champion or in the hunt for a solid 15 years...like, Hart took on a variety of opponents, and always went the distance to entertain and make it look real...
honorable mention to VADER...he was a beast and was unstoppable and scary during his reigns

WWF Intercontinental- Randy Savage...held the title for over a year and had memorable fueds with George Steele and Rick Steamboat over the title...with Miss Elizabeth by his side, this period as IC champ moved him towards winning the WWF World title @ WM4

U.S. title- Nikita Koloff...another monster in his day...like both Road Warriors rolled in one, but Russian...was gonna named it the USSR title

ECW title- Taz....made title fights must see. brutal fights...his matches with Sabu and Tajiri were awesome

Cruiser title- Rey Misterio...no need to explain

WWF Tag- British Bulldogs...one of the best teams in an era full of legendary teams

Smackdown Tag belts- Los Guerreros

women's title- Moolah...she held the title for like 40 years, and has the face to prove it

WWF/E Title - The Rock
WCW Heavyweight - Goldberg
Intercontinental - Shawn Michaels
United States - Sting
WWF/E Tag Team - New Age Outlaws
Cruiserweight - Rey Mysterio
Hardcore - Raven
Womans - Trish

also European Title - X-Pac cause his fued with Shane for the Euro title was good to watch

What the hell is all of your criteria because all of your champions are from 1995 and on:
WWE/F-Bruno Sammartino He made WWE in the 60's and 70's and held the title twice for 9 years total, and took on other champions from other regions

IC Champion-Shawn Michaels

WCW title-Hulk Hogan

NWA Title-Ric Flair. He proved to everyone what an Iron Man he was

US Title-Goldberg. In my book he is still champ he was never pinned to lose it

Tag Titles-Hart Foundation

Smackdown Tag Titles-No really good champs except for Guerreros

Hardcore Title-Mick Foley

ECW Title-Terry Funk. King of Hardcore

ECW TV Title-RVD. Never lost the title neither (gave it due to injury) and held it for 18 months

ECW Tag Title-The Dudley's.What do you have to say about them execpt Extreme.

X-PacNo1 said:
WWF/E Title - Edge
WCW Heavyweight - Tic Flair
Intercontinental - Shawn Michaels
United States - Sting
WWF/E Tag Team - Demolition
Cruiserweight - Rey Mysterio
Hardcore - Raven
Womans - Trish

WWE Champions

Undisputed - Y2J... Being he's the only one I can remember.. And was the 1st ever...

World Champion - Triple H... Never put on a bad match... Made himself best heel argueably ever..

WWE Champion - HBK... Took on all comers in 1996, 1997, and 1998... Only gave up the belt in 97 due to injury...

I.C. Champ - Owen Hart... Defeated almost everyone... Memorable fueds.. Especially with SCSA

European Champ - British Bulldog... Was 1st Champ ever... Made that belt what it came to be...

Tag Team Champs - L.O.D - Probably one of the greatest Tag Teams ever...

Lightheavyweight.. - Taka Michonuka - He was the only one worth watching at the time...

WCW Champs..

World Heavyweight - Ric Flair... Memorable fueds... Took on all comers..

U.S. Champ - DDP... Great matches... Especially the one when Sting was World Champ and they faced off on Nitro...

TV Champion - Johnny B Bad... Liked his style of wrestling... Was a good wrestler to watch on TV every weak...

Cruiserweight Champ - Billy Kidman... Had great fueds with Rey Rey, Juvi, and even made La Parka look good...

Tag Champs - Harlem Heat... Owned the Tag Div at a time... Great heels who turned to be Fan Favs...

Not many of the IC responses here made it to the current round of my little tourney. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back