Best 2 Minute Offenses

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
After watching tonight's game between the Colts and Dolphins, I can't help but notice the major differences between these two teams. Peyton Manning is the best at leading his team down the field to win a game, and while Chad Pennington is OK at it, his team certainly is not.

This begs the question: Who has the best "2 Minute Offense" in the NFL?

I think it's clear that Indy has the best. Manning is the best at it, arguably ever, and the players around him just make it so much better. Tom Brady is also good at it, and as a Giants fan, I can say I honestly feel comfortable with Eli leading the team down the field at the end of the game.

Outside of those three, I can't think of who could be better. Brees and Warner are both great QBs, but how often do they really lead their team on game winning drives these days?

Without a doubt it's Brady. The man has over 30 career 4th quarter comebacks, there's no one I'd rather have slinging the ball down the field in the final minutes to win the game. He proved that once again just last week against the Bills.

Manning is another good choice, but even with the way Brady struggled in Sunday's game, I still consider him to be a superior QB to Manning in just about every way.

And Eli Manning? I don't know about that one. What does he have, 2 4th quarter comebacks under his belt?

Big Ben wouldn't be a bad choice either.

And Eli Manning? I don't know about that one. What does he have, 2 4th quarter comebacks under his belt?

I'm not sure how many he has regular season, but he did it in the Super Bowl, and he also did it against Green Bay in those same playoffs. He did it against the Cowboys Sunday, and he's done it over the course of his career.

I'm not saying he's the best, just that I feel comfortable putting the ball in his hands to win a game. I'd stick with Peyton as the best, because with him under center, there's no need for a coach.

Big Ben wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Do you know what you might have started?

I'm not sure how many he has regular season, but he did it in the Super Bowl, and he also did it against Green Bay in those same playoffs. He did it against the Cowboys Sunday, and he's done it over the course of his career.

Yeah, he's shown he's capable of it, but Eli is simply too inaccurate and inconsistent for me to trust him with the ball in his hands at the end of the game.

I'm not saying he's the best, just that I feel comfortable putting the ball in his hands to win a game. I'd stick with Peyton as the best, because with him under center, there's no need for a coach.

Yeah no argument there. Peyton's a legend, will likely go down in the Top 5 QBs of all time. 'Course by that time Brady will be number one :D

Do you know what you might have started?

:lmao:

Uh-oh, I may have released the Becker Monster unto us.

Yeah, he's shown he's capable of it, but Eli is simply too inaccurate and inconsistent for me to trust him with the ball in his hands at the end of the game.

Inaccurate? He was 13/14 in the 4th Qtr yesterday in a very big game. I don't recall exact numbers, but he's got a really good 4th Qtr rating, and is known as a strong closer to games. Even in his rookie year, his best plays were usually in the second half. Again, I'm not saying he's great. Justy good enough that I believe we have a chance in a 6 point game with a minute to go.

Yeah no argument there. Peyton's a legend, will likely go down in the Top 5 QBs of all time. 'Course by that time Brady will be number one :D

We'll agree to disagree here? Brady is great. I'm not denying that. I just prefer Manning.

Uh-oh, I may have released the Becker Monster unto us.

May have? Seriously? I expect a 1000 word essay on why Big Ben is so good in the fourth quarter that Elway looks like a chump.

I'll be a homer and say Brett Favre. The guy has lead numerous comebacks in his bazillion year career. Guy knows how to win. I'm not saying he is the best, but he is definitely a guy that can run the 2 minute. Peyton is the best in my mind, with Brady behind in a close 2nd. All 3 of the guys I mentioned will one day be enshrined in the hall, no doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back