Bellator 49 LD

The Best

The Best
Hey, I'll try an LD.

Okay, so Bellator Fighting Championships is starting its fall season with the quarterfinals of their Welterweight (170 IB) division. Along with the Welterweight Division, they will also have Bantamweight (135 IB), Middleweight (185 IB), and Heavyweight (205 + IB). They are showing the event on MTV 2, and Epix I think in HD. It will be live at the Caesars event center in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Anyways, the match ups for tonight are:

Douglas Lima ( huge phenom, 23 years old from Brazil, professional record of 18-4. Known for great BJJ) vs. Steve Carl ( Bellator veteran with a record of 14-2. Great wrestling, strong boxing, and 9 wins by submission, so great all around fighter.)

Luis Santos ( very, very experienced fighter. Record of 49-6; great all around fighter.) vs. Dan Hornbuckle (Bellator veteran, ATT fighter, with some top BJJ. Record of 22-4, and coming off of a loss from Brent Weedman at Bellator 35 last March.)

Ben Saunders (Former TUF/ufc fighter, excellent Muai Thai. Know for his vicious knee strikes in the clinch, I've always known this guy as a very exciting fighter, and I was pretty upset when Dana released him. Record of 10-3-2, with 5 knockouts.) vs. Chris Cisnerous ( don't really know too much of this guy. Veteran of Bellator I think, with a record of 12-3.)

Chris Lozano ( Great standup fighter; very exciting. Record of 8-1 with 7 wins coming by knockout. His 3rd fight with Bellator is tonight, after taking a 2 fight hiatus from the company. This guy has a lot to prove in my opinion.) vs. Brent Weedman ( Very; very experienced fighter. Record of 18-6-1, with wins over Dan Horbuckle and Rudy Bears. Coming off of a very controversial loss against Jay Hieron, this guy is the favorite in my opinion, and also has a lot to prove. This will be a very exciting fight and main event.)

Crazy first minute, Carl and Lima start swinging at each other, Carl rocks Lima with a huge right hooks, then Lima hits an up kick on Carl, and then goes for a heel hook, but fails; followed by a take down (single leg) from Lima.

Lima still looks rocked from that shot. Lima finishes out the round with some submission attempts, and a stuffed take down with about 10 seconds left in the round.

Lima takes the first round 10-9.

My lord I love your username. You got that from an old thread in the WZ tournament, didn't you?

I've got this shit DVRing, glad it's back. I haven't kept up with UFC for some reason but I've been keeping up with Bellator. I still need to watch the last 2 or 3 UFC shows man, I'm way behind on my MMA.

My lord I love your username. You got that from an old thread in the WZ tournament, didn't you?

I've got this shit DVRing, glad it's back. I haven't kept up with UFC for some reason but I've been keeping up with Bellator. I still need to watch the last 2 or 3 UFC shows man, I'm way behind on my MMA.

Yes, I lost a name change bet on the Fedor-Hendo fight with Snyper.

Didn't catch 132 or 134, but 134 was very short. Lot's of quick fights, but all of the winners (minus the Bulgarian) were impressive in my opinion.

Carl spends the second round throwing weak kicks, attempting stupid kimura, and on his back.

20-18 Lima (10-9 for the round).

Ricardo Almeida is a judge.

Lima dominates on the ground, and mounts Carl in round 3. Carl finishes the round strong by rocking Lima again, and throwing in some ground and pund, but it just wasn't enough to take the round in my opinion.

Lima takes the round 10-9 and the fight 30-27.

I did like ufc 134, it was just pretty short. Your guy Silva was incredible though, Fizzy.

Oh, by the way, Lima wins 29-28, 30-27, 30-27. Good call judges; giving Carl the first round is understandable. Lima's an exciting fighter; looking forward to see what he can do.

Santos vs. Hornbuckle next. Santos has 49 wins which is crazy, but he also looks like he's in his 40's, so it makes sense (by the way, I have no clue how old he is.)

Horbuck has a 13 1/2 INCH REACH ADVANTAGE; 83.5 inches. That's half an inch short of Jon Jones' reach, and this guy is Welterweight. 170 IBS, and a 83.5 inch reach.

Here we go.

These two are INCREDIBLE strikers. Silva is a Brazilian Maui Thai champion; Hornbuckle has 20 of his 22 wins by finish (KO or Sub). In the middle of the round, Santos lands a huge head kick, and then takes down a charging Hornbuckle, but the BJJ black belt lets him back up. Santos then throw 3 nasty leg kicks to close out the 1st round.

10-9 Santos.

Don't watch Bellator but that guy must be a stick if that's his reach and he can make 170.

Fucking right Andy was amazing. What's funny is, now that he is doing all this amazing shit, people are jumping back on the bandwagon. I'm proud to say i've been one of his biggest supporters through thick and thin. From the first Franklin fight, to the Maia fight, to the Okami fight, i've always been a diehard fan. In fact, I believe there was a time where I was the only guy supporting him on this forum. Fucking A...

Back and forth striking in the second round. Santos lands some nice kicks, and blocks just about everything Hornbuckle throws at him. Hornbuckle did land some nice punches though. Santos caught an attempt of a knee, and shoves his opponent against the cage to finish the second round.

Santos takes the round 10-9, and is leading the fight 20-18.

Crowds starting to boo because Santos is staying calm. Santos responds by rocking Hornbuckle to close out the third round, and the fight.

Hornbuckle hit a head kick early, but Santos took him down with a sick judo throw not too long either.

Santos takes the round 10-9, and the fight 30-27. Great fight; I really liked it.

Judges agree with me, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27, Santos takes the fight, and gets his 50th win in the process. Hornbuckle now has lost 3 of his last 4 fights, and will probably get released following this event.

Honestly Bellator shouldn't release Hornbuckle. He has name value and is a good fighter. They are to small of a company to let decent fighters walk away from them. I think he sticks around and even if he doesn't I guarantee he goes straight to Strikeforce.

Saunders vs. Cisneros is next. Originally I despised Saunders, but I grew to like him a lot. He will finish Cisneros in my opinion, and he is a very funny guy as well. This promo is gold.

I hope Hornbuckle doesn't get released, as he did put up a good fight. I have to look up more fights from Santos, as that was a great fight, but Santos' experience just wrecked Hornbuckle's pure talent in that fight.

Saunders has 4 inches, and a 9 inch reach advantage on this guy.

Cisneros is from Hilo. Wonder if he trains with the Penn family.

Saunders dominates the 1st round. Cisneros did get a take down, but Ben quickly rolled it over. Cisneros gets a sweep; Ben gets a triangle choke (actually, I'm not sure if he got the arm for it) to close out the first round.

Saunders takes the round 10-9

Cisneros gets an early take down to start out the second round, and took Ben's back, but that's really all he got. Saunders was able to get in to side control, and work for an americana/ kimura for the rest of the round.

Saunders takes the round 10-9, and is leading the fight 20-18

Saunders throws knees at Cisneros to start the third round and drops him. A couple of ground and pound blows later, and Saunders is moving on after 10 minutes 29 seconds of domination.

Main event's up next. Chris Lozano vs. Brent Weedman. I have Weedman winning by 2nd round TKO; he's going to show that loss to Hieron meant just about nothing.

First round had lots of back and forth action. Take downs/ (judo) throws from both men. Originally, I was going to give it to Lozano, but Weedman was able to take his back, and latch on to him to close out round one. Lots of great striking too. Weedman takes a close; very exciting round.

10-9 Weedman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back