• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Before They Were Superstars

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I'm watching an old WCW show from 1993 on Classics On Demand and this is one of the matches.

[YOUTUBE]X0qsSoB7608[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure a lot of people remember Kevin Nash as Vinnie Vegas but Rob Van Dam's stint as Robby V is probably less memorable.

The idea here is to post a video of someone before they became a superstar. Try and make it obscure and something that you don't think a lot of people will remember or even knew about.

I can make a case for Kane when he debuted. I mean that whole buildup with Taker for Wm 14 for me was bigger and much more pulsating than Austin/HBK/Tyson.

But I've been watching some old PPVs and I came acroose when he as Lita's hubbie and shit. I mean Kane makes even that look ok. His promos are fine for the situation, his match with HBK was pretty good, although I know it was HBK, but still.

He has been my favorite for a long time and seeing him as normal as in the above mid, makes me feel like maybe it's good he got the mask. I mean so many big men got lost in the shuffle in the 90's, I'm glad he gotta gimmick that cemented his place.

[YOUTUBE]GImbc7vNo_w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Incredible match with Eddie,Rey and Punk back in the day. Love that all three guys eventually became legendary superstars.

[YOUTUBE]GImbc7vNo_w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Incredible match with Eddie,Rey and Punk back in the day. Love that all three guys eventually became legendary superstars.

That one had no Punk but by god that was good PPV.

Few things The opening match is ridiculously good, goddamn the moves and the sily smooth executions.

Eddie always had charisma.

Norman always made me laugh and so did Miller.

The Giant/DDP match was very nicely done.

And last of all looking at the crowd, I think it was time to end the streak.

Edit: Dammit JW I look delusional to everyone now.

Here is a Two-fer, a pre-Triple H Terra Ryzing vs. the future Road Dogg, Brian Armstrong.

Kinda hard to believe that one these guys will end up a multiple time world champion/possible heir apparent to the WWE, and the other will be part of one of the most popular tag teams ever...

Look at Jeff Hardy's hair, its hilarious. X-Pac looks the same pretty much

[YOUTUBE]rdp9zQhd9ho[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back