Beer confuses me

Yeah....... Beer confuses me

I just don't understand why its so many peoples go-to booze of choice.

I don't even understand how anyone could possibly perceive it as better tasting than something like Smirnoff Ice , Jack/Coke , or Mikes Hard lemonade , etc?

Do we really live in such a pretentious world that the majority of guys pick beer simply to not be drinking a "girly" drink? Or do they all honestly think beer tastes amazing?

In terms of alcoholic percentages in the drinks they are all the same at a 5% , so it couldn't be due to the strength of the drink...

Maybe I simply have only tried all the wrong sorts of beer (Coors , Michelob , Yuengling , etc) but they mostly all taste pretty much taste awful to me?

I wonder about the actual sales statistics of stuff like Smirnoff/Mikes Vs. Beer. I mean I just assume beer sells way better because I seem to be fairly alone in drinking all the other stuff for some reason lol

Then I also sort of think , well what if Jack/Coke was sold in 12 packs of cans and was in every store you could think of like how beer is. (Instead of in 6 pack bottles and pretty hard to find) do wonder if that could overthrow beer?

Main question is really , do you guys think Beer ACTUALLY tastes good or do you just drink it for lack of anything else to get a buzz off of without feeling de-masculated? If so , what kind is your favorite beer maybe I should try it?

Yeah you havent, saying you dont like beer is a bit of a blanket statement, like saying you dont like cheese, or music, there are far too many varietys that taste completely different from each other, guaranteed somewhere out there is a beer/ale/lager for anyone. I lump all three together because people say "Beer" for all of them.

I like all three, ale tastes the best and has the most variety, bitters, fruity, all sorts, probably the most natural as well, unfortunately you get called an old man if you drink it, I'll make that sacrifice. Lager is the most refreshing, it's just full of chemical shit that makes me feel rank in the mornings, and its pretty disgusting, Fosters is kangaroo piss, Stella is manky wifebeater, but it gets people pissed and it sells. Proper Beer doesnt get sold enough where I am from, which is a shame, because it tastes a lot better than lager, is almost as refreshing and has a lot more variety.

Saying I dont like beer while being a blanket statement is an acceptable one I think, most of the mainstream stuff is complete garbage and its all your likely to see. Of course this is in England, I dont know how most of you foreign devils go about it.

I hardly drink at all though, I swear.

I don't like Beer at all. It tastes awful. But, I like being drunk and since consuming alcohol is the only way to get drunk, beer is usually my first choice.

It's pretty much the winner by default, though. Hard Liquor requires a chaser for me, less I want to throw up. And Smirnoff and shit is too sweet for me to slam. I'll take a 6 pack of beer to the head in 2 hours and be tilted but I drink 3 Smirnoffs really fast and my stomach starts hurting. It's just like drinking too much pop.

When I drink beer, it's always Bud Light. No heavy taste, goes down like water, and I can put it away fairly quickly to get to where I want to be.

It is too bad wine has this snooty reputation because that is where it is at. Variety of tastes available and it gets you drunk twice as fast. There are plenty of beers that taste alright but the cheap shit is garbage. I assume the public is sold on beer because it is probably the cheapest to mass produce. That and compulsive behavior gets you hooked on things. Generally speaking, I am fairly bored with drinking at this point but it is nice to take the edge off sometimes.

Some beer is absolutely disgusting (just like some kinds of liquors are) but some beers are very good. I recommend trying various brands and types of beer before passing judgment. There are ales, lagers, stouts, IPAs, etc. Microbrews tend to be better than the "mainstream beers." It is definitely an acquired taste but so is liqour too. I hated beer for awhile then gradually started finding beers I liked. Once I developed the taste for beer, I developed the ability to drink almost any beer.

Beer goes well with many social events such as sporting events and concerts, and that's why many people drink it, not just to be "cool." Also, beer pairs well with certain types of food.

There's nothing like kicking back on a hot summer day, sitting outside with a cold corona with a lime. I just don't get that kind of gratification from drinking a mixed drink in that scenario.

It's all about circumstances and preference.

Microbrews are where it's at. As some others have said, saying you don't like beer is a pretty big statement. Chances are (if you're here stateside), you're drinking the watered down, mass produced garbage from the Macrobreweries. The beer snob in me is coming out, but the stuff Anh-Busch and Miller mass produce is not beer, it's a cheap imitation.

Personally I'm more of a malty beer fan then I am a hoppy beer fan. I like my bitter beer from time to time, but some IPA's can go down so damn dry they ruin the rest of the night for me. I love a good, Porter, Stout or Dopplebock.

It's all about understanding your own pallet, figuring out if you like a more hoppy or more malty beer, figuring out if you are a lager or ale person. It's actually quite complex when you really get into it.

Anyone out there brew their own beer? I just started brewing. My first batch is done. It's an amber ale that's about 5.5 ABV. and actually came out pretty good. The process was pretty easy and I'm sure I'm going to learn more tricks with each batch, to make it taste better as a whole.

I have a batch of a lighter ale, a more summery kind of beer, fermenting right now.

Next is going to be a double IPA or a lager, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back