• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beat the Clock - Royal Rumble WHC Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyMango/NoFate007

A Post Is Worth A Thousand Words
So it was announced on the "Greatest Matches of 2007" special that next Friday's episode of Smackdown will include a "Beat the Clock" elimination to determine who gets a shot at Edge's championship at the Royal Rumble.

Frankly, I think this is how it'll go down: Edge will screw the Undertaker, they'll set Batista up against someone like Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, or Khali so he'll win the match but not the shot because he'll be past the time frame, and then I'm assuming the most logical choice to challenge Edge would be Mysterio.

Now, of course, there's a wrench in this. The whole HHH/Orton thing at Wrestlemania depends solely on whether or not they want Flair to lose at WM or earlier. If earlier, he'll lose on Raw against Triple H, allowing HHH to have the Orton shot. If not, then it seems they want Batista vs Orton at Wrestlemania, which would require Batista winning the Royal Rumble (ugh) and thusly, he can't be in the WHC match against Edge, so it'd go to Mysterio, who has no shot at winning the RR but needs SOME spotlight as he's very popular. If this whole Batista/Orton thing isn't supposed to happen, then Batista most likely wins this Beat the Clock and Edge retains at the RR. Hopefully, this happens, as I don't want Batista to win the rumble...however, I think this is their excuse to do Mysterio/Edge.

What do you guys think will happen?

I either see Edge defending the World Championship againest Finlay or Batista. Hopefully its Finlay, it would be a good opportuinty to see how he goes in the main event, like they are doing with Jeff Hardy.

I think were just going to see the same crap all over again, Batista will win the beat the clock. There is no way Batista is only getting 1 title rematch, he gets rematches untill he wins the title and that gets me so angry. Edge will screw undertaker, And edge will try to do the same to Batista, but Batista will stop him and get the quickest time setting there match at the RR. Edge should retain but i just cant stand Batista getting all these rematches, he is so boring in the ring and i hope to God he doesnt win the rumble twice, omg that will be the end of wrestling.

imo i think edge will screw the undertaker, i see rey mysterio winning the BTC match n get a shot at edge at the RR. i can see the animal winning the rumble n coming back to raw to be the savior, by defeating orton WM24. Or he could win the BTC match lose the title match against edge at RR, n still some how get into teh 30 man rumble n winning!!!

It looks like the beat the clock is now a annuel thing.

I expect someone who hasn,t had a title shot in a while to get one.So My guess would be Rey Mysterio.Rey is starting to get over again and is in good condition.WWE could also use this to plug Reys new DVD.If not Rey I think it may be Finlay.Hes been tip-top lately and has put up with Khali and Hornswoggle so award him with main event status.He desevres it.

I hate Batista, why do WWE push such a no talent loser like him? I really hope to god Batista doesn't win the Rumble that would make this years Royal Rumble as dreadful as 2005 with Cena and Batista as the last two Superstars in the match and it was a disaster, each of them have about 10 moves between them they are both extremly boring and there fan bases are people under the age of 11.

As for the Beat The Clock Sprint I have really low expectations on it. When other posters refer to people such as Rey and Finlay it sends chills and quivers down my spine to hear and see that SmackDown's! main eventers are RAW's mid carders (except Undertaker Edge and Batista). Edge will probably end up screwing the Undertaker out of yet another victory, then we will unfourtunantly end up seeing an Edge VS either Rey, Batista or Finlay match at the Rumble, personally I hope finlay gets the shot because he deserves it the most out of Batista and Rey. Finlay has more wrestling skill then both of them, Mysterio, Batista have both tasted championship gold before (for no apparent reason) and it would be a great oppurtuntity to see how finlay does under the spot light.

Where has Kane been? Haven't seen him lately.

And, it's the Rumble coming up. I'd expect a mid-carder could very well get the shot. Jeff Hardy on Raw isn't exactly a main eventer. I'd bet Mysterio winds up winning and facing Edge. I'd hope it's not BATISTA AGAIN!

well definetly the batista/edge/undertaker rivalry is over,so i think that rey will lose the match and the royal rumble winner will probably choose the wwe title and rey will be in the elimination chamber match to decide the num 1 contender and he will win and eventually win da world title,or it could just go around cuz if rey wins the title the undertaker and batista will want a title shot and compete in a triple threat match at no way out ot at wrestlmania...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back