BCS Standings Revealed

Of the undefeated teams remaining at the top, Oklahoma and Boise State probably have the easiest schedules. I don't see MSU, LSU, Missouri, or Auburn being able to stay undefeated. Oregon could possibly have the best team but also one of the toughest schedules left along with Auburn. TCU and Utah still play each other so only one of them will be able to stay unbeaten. I think we definitely get at least two unbeaten teams this year but who they are remains to be seen.

I don't see MSU, LSU, Missouri, or Auburn being able to stay undefeated.

Yeah, I'm a die-hard State fan, but no Big Ten game is easy (even though some may think so). Going on the road to Northwestern and Penn State might not be as easy as most believe, and we all know Iowa is always going to be a tough game.

Yeah, I'm a die-hard State fan, but no Big Ten game is easy (even though some may think so). Going on the road to Northwestern and Penn State might not be as easy as most believe, and we all know Iowa is always going to be a tough game.

Iowa is the game that I think they will lose guaranteed. They'll also lose one other game that they are supposed to win because they do that every year. We are entering week 8 of the season and this is the first time that State has had to leave the state of Michigan for a game.

Iowa is the game that I think they will lose guaranteed. They'll also lose one other game that they are supposed to win because they do that every year. We are entering week 8 of the season and this is the first time that State has had to leave the state of Michigan for a game.

Iowa is definitely the toughest game, but I feel good about it. States played Iowa close last year, lost on the last play of the game. State can beat Iowa, but Iowa can beat State as well. I have to say, I'm not afraid of the big "letdown" this year like I have in previous years.

Just to further the stupidity of the system:

There are three parts to this: two human polls and a computer poll. The two polls made by humans have Oregon and Boise 1 and 2. But the computers have them lower, which is what drags them down. Machines > People apparently.

It's far from a guarantee. Sure, Iowa will probably be favorites in the game, but that might be what, the 4th big game this year where they've been underdogs? UM and UW for sure, not sure if we were or not against ND. Cousins has played great lately, and State and Iowa are always close with each other, which is what I expect this year. If State performs well next week in their first true road environment (as in, win convincingly against a NW team I don't think is THAT great) I will be even more confident going into Kinnick. Yes, the environments will be different, since Iowa has a bigger crowd and it will (possibly) be in prime time, but that's beside the point.

And if MSU was gonna lose a game they shouldn't have, I would've guessed it would've happened against Illinois. They played bad offensively in the 1st half but the D kept them in it and they finally broke it open late. With it being their first true road game, Dantonio's definitely gonna have his players ready for the game and make sure that they aren't looking ahead to Iowa. If they were to win these next two games, Penn State would be their other big threat, since it's on the road. But, Illinois torched them by 20, at PSU, on their Homecoming. Bolden just hasn't been that good as of yet. Sure, that games in like 6 weeks and he can always improve, but MSU is certainly the better team and will be favorites. I don't see these guys taking any team for granted, because I don't think Dantonio will let them. He knows you have to take every Big 10 team seriously, and no one is a cakewalk. He'll make sure his players know that. This isn't your 2003-06 Spartans, or even last years Spartans.

Because they've beaten Air Force, Cincy, Florida State, and Texas, 3 quality teams and an average one. Oregon's beaten Stanford and... Tennessee? The ducks haven't really played anyone yet and Oklahoma has beaten far superior opponents to Oregon.

But they'll get their chance in a few weeks, when they play USC, then Arizona, UW, and Oregon State. It's still early.

While I don't think it could happen, if Missouri beats both Oklahoma and Nebraska in back to back weeks, they'll have a good shot at being #1 in BCS.

Oregon SHOULD be #1 in BCS, because they have been flat phenomenal.

And as far as this "1 loss SEC gets in over Boise State or TCU" stuff, that's just absolutely absurd. The whole point of the college football year is to find the best team. We don't go to playoff system because "every week is a playoff", but if that's true, how can you win a game and still get to play for a title, if other teams haven't lost their playoff game? It's hypocrisy. There needs to be penalty for teams if they lose, and a bonus for undefeated teams. No way should two 1 loss teams play in a National Championship when there are undefeated teams out there. No way, I don't care what conference they are in.

Because they've beaten Air Force, Cincy, Florida State, and Texas, 3 quality teams and an average one. Oregon's beaten Stanford and... Tennessee? The ducks haven't really played anyone yet and Oklahoma has beaten far superior opponents to Oregon.
I know you're merely referring to the computers, but the thing I hate is how people ignore how BADLY Oregon and Boise St. are beating people. Everyone always says, "well Boise State has an easy schedule"...yeah, perhaps, but they are also up 41-0 at the end of the first half in those games. Why does that always get ignored by people?

Because the BCS has decided to take out margin of victory. You know, because winning by one and winning by 41 are the same things.

Amen, Sly. If Oklahoma beats lets say, Texas, 20-7, but Oregon beats "Random Name" St. 55-3, and gets up 30-3 in the first half, and Boise St. beats "Random Name" Tech 60-0, and is up 30-0 in the first half, where would you rank them? Points matter, people.

It's far from a guarantee. Sure, Iowa will probably be favorites in the game, but that might be what, the 4th big game this year where they've been underdogs? UM and UW for sure, not sure if we were or not against ND. Cousins has played great lately, and State and Iowa are always close with each other, which is what I expect this year. If State performs well next week in their first true road environment (as in, win convincingly against a NW team I don't think is THAT great) I will be even more confident going into Kinnick. Yes, the environments will be different, since Iowa has a bigger crowd and it will (possibly) be in prime time, but that's beside the point.

Michigan State is 6-11 in games outside the state of Michigan since Dantonio became head coach. This team is better then the 2009 and 2007 teams and probably on par with the 2008 team but I just don't see them going to Iowa and getting the win. Nothing is guaranteed obviously but I see Iowa getting the win with a huge crowd and veteran quarterback.

I hate the BCS. The old system before it seemed to work fine.
No it didn't, it was terrible. At least now we have a National Champion, even if you don't agree how it was determined. In the old system there was really no such thing as a national champion, it was just which team the two polls had #1 at the end of the year. There were many times teams split the national title.

This system is BETTER, but not by much.

I bet the people of Eugene are praying Oregon doesn't lose.

Eugene.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back