• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BCS Standings Revealed

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
#1: Oklahoma
#2: Oregon
#3: Boise State
#4: Auburn
#5: TCU
#6: LSY
#7: Mich St
#8: Bama
#9: Utah
#10: Ohio State

On the countdown show you get to hear some of the ridiculous things about college football. The following things were said:

Just winning games isn't good enough.
No one controls their own destiny
The computers play a huge role
It's better to lose early because it helps you move up later

In other words, simply winning games means nothing because a computer said a team lost a tougher game than another team won and it doesn't matter what you do because you have zero power over where you wind up.

Best system going today!

I don't know if you're gonna end up adding the rest of the BCS Poll, KB, but my Hokies are back in a poll! Number 25, but that's a start. We'll be back where we were before the JMU game in no time.

I had a distinct feeling that some team that no one has talked about all year would jump up ahead of Boise St. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but there is no way Boise or TCU is ever going to get a title game spot. The BCS would manage to get some big name school in there no matter what ahead of them.

I had a distinct feeling that some team that no one has talked about all year would jump up ahead of Boise St. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but there is no way Boise or TCU is ever going to get a title game spot. The BCS would manage to get some big name school in there no matter what ahead of them.

I actaully think Boise might reach that title game at some point, since they're moving to a bigger conference and are consistent with their successful seasons. TCU, on the other hand, most likely won't make it there anytime soon. Before last year, TCU was only known as the school LaDanian Tomlinson played for. But now look at them. Undefeated, contending, and forgotten. These guys deserve a huge bowl game, if not the title game, but it simply won't happen, and it disappoints me a little.

I'm also a little surprised Oklahoma grabbed the top spot. I havn't talked about them all year, and I felt Oregon deserved that spot. But it's the comps we're talking about, so that's probably why the Sooners are on top.

KB, did you notice they had Boise and TCU play each other the last two years in bowl games? Makes you think they don't want them knocking off any of the big conference teams, laying even more claim to deserving a title game bid.

I actaully think Boise might reach that title game at some point, since they're moving to a bigger conference and are consistent with their successful seasons. TCU, on the other hand, most likely won't make it there anytime soon. Before last year, TCU was only known as the school LaDanian Tomlinson played for. But now look at them. Undefeated, contending, and forgotten. These guys deserve a huge bowl game, if not the title game, but it simply won't happen, and it disappoints me a little.

In other words, the fates of kids playing ball now are decided by what happened to players that played when they might not have even been out of high school yet. What happened years ago should have zero bearing on this season. For the life of me I don't get how you can have preseason rankings and say this team is good and better than this team when not a single down has been played.

The [OFFICIAL] ScreaminNormanSmiley;2527806 said:
KB, did you notice they had Boise and TCU play each other the last two years in bowl games? Makes you think they don't want them knocking off any of the big conference teams, laying even more claim to deserving a title game bid.

Boise has beaten Oklahoma. Utah has beaten Bama in a glorified Bama home game. But no no no. They would get slaughtered in the national title game. Wouldn't want to embarrass them like that. However that goes against my other statement of what happened years ago shouldn't make a difference on this one. But hey, the preseason polls say that Ohio State and Bama are better than Boise St so we just know that's true right?

In other words, the fates of kids playing ball now are decided by what happened to players that played when they might not have even been out of high school yet. What happened years ago should have zero bearing on this season. For the life of me I don't get how you can have preseason rankings and say this team is good and better than this team when not a single down has been played.

That's not necessarily what I'm saying. All I'm saying is what you just said to SNS: TCU is fairly new to the success scene, so they wouldn't want to be "embarrassed" in a title game. And LT has nothing to do with this current team, that's obvious. I was saying LT was the only thing going for TCU in the past. But the past is the past and this is now. This team looks like they have a bright road ahead of them, and it looks like it will stay that way for years to come. I do agree with the preseason ranking system problem. You should have 1 ranked team going into week 1 (the champ, obviously), if you have any at all.

That's not necessarily what I'm saying

Wasn't saying it was.

You should have 1 ranked team going into week 1 (the champ, obviously), if you have any at all.

I wouldn't even say that. It's not the same team. Seniors have graduated and new players are playing. Play a week and then based on what you see this season and a combination of how last season ended or whatever, rank the teams. As I said, Bama and OSU came into this season 1/2 (I think it was OSU at least) and based on that alone they're ahead of teams that are also undefeated. In other words, based on what was decided when no football was played the rest of the season is determined.

Not drawing this from what you said mind you. You're right.

I had a very confuzzled look on my face when I saw the Sooners at the top. Its cool though I guess, long as it ISNT Boise State, im down with it. Putting Oregon at Number one would have just been too easy for the BCS, I suppose

I forgot OU existed this season and now they're #1 in the country? That really did come out of nowhere.

I suppose it makes sense though, thinking about the contenders. They whipped both FSU and Texas. Although FSU was at home, and TX on a neutral field...

Really, if we are going by body of work, I think Auburn deserves to be No 1. beat the team who beat a number 1, and beat the number 12 team in the nation by 20 points.

Auburn would be ok with me. Granted there are seven weeks to go and I believe Oregon goes to USC on 10/30. If they beat the Trojans they'll have a bigger claim to being this highly ranked at the end of the season.

MSU at #7... I don't think we've been this high in the BCS era in... ever. It feels nice. Quite odd, but nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back